Oatlife's SSO Resignation

I would like to begin this with an apology. Firstly I would like to apologize to any one that I may hurt or let down by making this post, or by anything I have done in the past, in my enlisted or officer life. However this is something I feel I need to make this for my own sanity, I am sorry.

I would like to thank 

@.br0ken, @Catfisher, @Ethan, @Tora1, @YeetMeister, @Yazmo ☣, @Normal Hooman, @Ghost, @Pencil, @Medinator (don't know your tag)  @{GG} Windows, @Seabear, @Homeless, @Gamma, @t3rr0r, @Riskii, @Kirb, @Robert E Lee, and anyone else I may have missed for making my time in this faction so enjoyable.

Let me begin with my reason for resignation. For the past 4 months I have been pouring my heart out into this faction, and to my surprise, never became "burned out" until now. I never had a lot of friends in real life until recently, when I finally decided to stop being such a pussy and just hang out with people, and to my surprise, they enjoyed my company. With this I began seeing them a lot more after school, on top of my already hectic baseball scheduled. One day I was out with them and excused my self from the activities so I could go home and host SSO tryouts. Halfway through these tryouts I though to my self "what the fuck am I doing?" I had real friends and real people who wanted to hang out with me and here I was cooped up in my room online like a total prick. I was so angry with myself. I knew this behavior would continue if I did not do something about it, so here I am doing something about it. This was inevitable, although could have been postponed for another month or two, but when baseball season ramped up, I would have no spare time, hence why I decided now was a good a time as ever. Thirdly, I believe my relationship with other officers was becoming toxic, I grew resentful and, although I tried to hide this the best I could, it was not healthy for my own sake and sanity. I grew resentful and uncooperative, which was affecting my real life relationships. I have poured 600+ hours into this faction and 4 months of my life, and looking back, I don't want my school year ending up like my summer did. I am only going to be in high school once and I want to enjoy my time, not waste away on an online faction.

However, this post will not be all doom and gloom. For the most part I had a really great time in this faction, I met so many amazing people and friends which I am so thankful for. I have learned so much through these people and friends, not only about video game related stuff, but real world situations. they gave me confidence and motivation to tackle real life issues I had. Because of all the people mentioned above my time climbing the ranks throughout SSO was the most amazing thing I have experienced in a video game, and I am so sorry if I ever somehow did not return a favor or made you feel like shit.

I would be more than happy to receive reserves, but if you (Ethan) think I am unworthy, or have let the faction down by making this choice, I fully understand, I wish no resentment comes between us and we can stay friends in the upcoming times. If you or any SSO feel the need to talk to me about this or anything else feel free to contact me over Steam.

Note- This is only an SSO resignation, not staff nor Russia per say. I will always stay besides my Russian brothers and fight proudly for them. As for now I will look for a new suitable faction that will allow me more spare time and, hopefully, join them.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1

I’ve been in the same exact situation as you which lead to another reason of my full resignation. Enjoy the time with the people you have in person, glad you made a good life choice man. Best of luck with whatever comes your way man.

• Like 1

Hey you should've contacted me so I could've helped you write your resignation post.

JK lmao

You were a great officer, leader, and person in general, and I had a lot of fun working together in SSO. Good luck with real life man.

Edited by Catfisher
  • Friendly 1