Actual (fictional or non-fictional) Service Medals/Ribbons

Kyuki

Service Medals/Ribbons  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would adding Service Medals/Ribbons be a great idea?

• Yes
    • No

Description: Basically what I'm trying to describe here is to give out Medals or Ribbons based on the current actual military factions (or fictional ones for RP`in wise). From what I've searched through the forums I haven't seen this idea suggested yet and I'm quite curious as to why no one else has thought of this. Perhaps it may feel like it's too serious?
Reasoning: To give players incentive to play on the server and feel rewarded for doing so.
Additional Information:  I feel it's pretty self explanatory. Perhaps some others will have good ideas how to implement this idea better than I can though.
Example: Service commendation ribbon/medal that is based on how many days you've logged into the server and can be viewed within a menu to be seen by other players (perhaps the scoreboard).

57 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I think he means in a more RP sense manner.

This idea could be good, but if it were to be implemented I don't think they should be given out willy nilly. Rather very rarely should someone get it after they proved they deserved it.

+1

Maybe ranks exist?

I would say that if medals were to be added, they should NOT be based on playtime or loyalty as those are in the basis of ranks, playtime, credits, levels, and that weird rebirth token thing. I feel medals should be based purely on events, like awarding a medal for someone who made a great impact to the war effort in some way or another that was noticed and appreciated by the Officers/Leaders of that faction or nation.

-1 to original idea

but +1 if the medals are to be used as I described above. I don't think this needs to be a suggestion though, could simply be inputted by the faction leaders themselves as a way to glorify their faction's heroes with more than just a rank. (Like in scenarios where a base faction enlisted did a great job, but is on cool down, so it would be silly to skip their cool down and promote them from that one event which probably doesn't reflect their loyalty or leadership that ranks should reflect, so a medal would be perfect for this.)

2 minutes ago, Krimzin said:

Maybe ranks exist?

Yeah? What does that have to do with anything? Ranks and service medals are two completely different things, I don't know why you're trying to associate the two.

Maybe they don't need to be implemented in SOC factions, that's up to their respective leaders. I think this is a good idea for base factions because sometimes ranks aren't enough to show if a person excels in a certain "factor" of the faction, you know?

2 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I think he means in a more RP sense manner.

This idea could be good, but if it were to be implemented I don't think they should be given out willy nilly. Rather very rarely should someone get it after they proved they deserved it.

+1

Yes, that was what I meant. As for the other suggestion that faction leaders could implement this idea themselves is also another good idea.

Edited by Kyuki
fixed
  • Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • The Garnut

This is an idea i've had in mind for quite awhile, unfortunately, I don't know the best way to go about coding this, and I would like it to be a nicer system where you can browse through medals that a player has earned. Going to move this to accepted, but with that being said, it is on the back burner.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines