R E P O R T : P

hi guys

Just now, Bread God said:

Let me rephrase.

You get notified, somehow, that Agent is mass propspamming. How you get it, I have no idea. Instead of TPing to him, instead of reporting him, or even switching to staff on duty and checking it out, you instantly TP him to a sit and threaten him with a 1-2 month ban. You see what I’m getting at here? It seems aggressive, and more like a personal vendetta you may have on the player, waiting for him to slip up so you can issue a ban. When I was trained, I was told that staff could not take and resolve their own sits/problems unless reported. On top of that, usually for prop block/propspamming/anything regarding props, you are supposed to TP to the player instead of bringing them. You may have accidentally banned Agent for a month had Evolve not been there. And from what it seems, both on this staff app and Evolve’s reply, you have some kind of grudge against Agent and were looking for anything to ban/punish him. I feel as if you mishandled the sit, and on top of that, were quite rude to him both in game and on the forums. I’m changing my -1 to a +1. You need to take a chill pill.

A report was filed against agent orange, I was staff on duty at the time. I looked at the logs, saw he had mass propspammed as the report had said, and brought him to the sit. I have no personal grudge against him as a person, however he does break rules more frequently than most minges even do. I have warned him several times against it and he continues to do it, which Is why I am frustrated with him.

2 minutes ago, kerry said:

A report was filed against agent orange, I was staff on duty at the time. I looked at the logs, saw he had mass propspammed as the report had said, and brought him to the sit. I have no personal grudge against him as a person, however he does break rules more frequently than most minges even do. I have warned him several times against it and he continues to do it, which Is why I am frustrated with him.

Who reported it? Was it one of the cops getting into his base with a false warrant? Just a more detailed explanation would help. Also, why didn’t you TP to him to check out the situation? My first day as staff, I was given a strike for the same thing. I banned a guy for mass propspamming, yet it wasn’t malicious intent and could have figured that out if I had just TPed to him. As he said, he was using the stacker tool, which if used quickly looks like propspamming.

37 minutes ago, IAMEVOLVE said:

I would say this does not count as mass propspam due to no malicious intent, he spawned 4 or 5 props, at most to me it should have been a warn, I joined the sit to spectate how you handled it, honestly you could be a little less abusive not as you were directly breaking a rule but picking him up with your physgun for no reason and swinging him up and down to get his attention which you had his attention in the first place...just cool it a little Kerry next time ight   -1

Nothing against Kerry but I think he needs to be showed what a "mass propspam" counts as if it was truly only 4-5 props. I had this problem before with kerry a month back he reported wendell for mass propspam but it was literally 6 props as a bridge.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Nothing against Kerry but I think he needs to be showed what a "mass propspam" counts as if it was truly only 4-5 props. I had this problem before with kerry a month back he reported wendell for mass propspam but it was literally 6 props as a bridge.

It was not that long ago, mate.

Edited by the coolest beanie baby
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
5 hours ago, IAMEVOLVE said:

I would say this does not count as mass propspam due to no malicious intent, he spawned 4 or 5 props, at most to me it should have been a warn, I joined the sit to spectate how you handled it, honestly you could be a little less abusive not as you were directly breaking a rule but picking him up with your physgun for no reason and swinging him up and down to get his attention which you had his attention in the first place...just cool it a little Kerry next time ight   -1

If he was propblocking or building during a raid yes you would warn him but if he was stacking props so they wouldn’t raid him it wouldn’t be mass propspmam. Also Kerry even though he breaks multiple rules you shouldn’t treat him different than any other player. Other than that evolve said it all -1

Edited by SnipeKilz!!

Yes Kerry you had a sit with orange and all, also you were sod but you kinda fetched mass propspamming out of no where as I tpd to orange originally to see what the propblock looked like, just a couple gates blocking the door   personally just didn't want you to receive a lvl 3 strike for a false ban so I stepped in, I am though changing my -1 to a +1 also                           (mishandling a situation)

• Like 1

ACCEPTED

@kerry being a good staff member goes beyond enforcing the rules, it's also knowing when some slack needs to be given. You cant be so black and white about it, even if someone is breaking rules they deserve the chance to plead their case and tell their side. Imagine if a cop gave a ticket to every single person going 1 mph over the speed limit, it would be chaos. 

This situation would have been resolved with a simple propblock warn, and the use of threatening words ("This explanation had better be good to save you from a month") shows nothing more then a hunger for power. By the sound of it, you should also review your understanding of mass propspam (ask me or one the other higher-ups if you're still unclear), because it would be a lot more then just 5-6 props. 

@kerry will receive a strike for mishandling the situation. 

@The King of Rohan Explorer Ferdinand Magellan Named the Pacific Ocean in the 16th Century.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't ever had real issues with you while on duty or off duty orange. And I don't remember ever talking with Kenny or even meeting him, but treating you like a mass propblocker/propspammer doesn't make too much sense, you've been a member for a while and are much more respectful than alot of members on the server.

10 hours ago, Bread God said:

Who reported it? Was it one of the cops getting into his base with a false warrant? Just a more detailed explanation would help. Also, why didn’t you TP to him to check out the situation? My first day as staff, I was given a strike for the same thing. I banned a guy for mass propspamming, yet it wasn’t malicious intent and could have figured that out if I had just TPed to him. As he said, he was using the stacker tool, which if used quickly looks like propspamming.

Also the fact that he didn't say who reported it is a bit evasive of him. I personally think that even if orange did something wrong, he did it with good intentions, this is called impact vs. Intention. I don't seem to see anyone being hurt from this action except trolls who were false warranting. Sometimes you have to make a quick choice and deal with the results. All this being said idk how you two are being so petty about an issue of someone not having enough time to call a staff ( because every staff knows they don't usually respond to /pm "help me" and "[to admins] help come quick" before an actual / report) and decided to take responsibility for their actions.

+1

1 hour ago, WO2 Willyworm1 said:

I haven't ever had real issues with you while on duty or off duty orange. And I don't remember ever talking with Kenny or even meeting him, but treating you like a mass propblocker/propspammer doesn't make too much sense, you've been a member for a while and are much more respectful than alot of members on the server.

Also the fact that he didn't say who reported it is a bit evasive of him. I personally think that even if orange did something wrong, he did it with good intentions, this is called impact vs. Intention. I don't seem to see anyone being hurt from this action except trolls who were false warranting. Sometimes you have to make a quick choice and deal with the results. All this being said idk how you two are being so petty about an issue of someone not having enough time to call a staff ( because every staff knows they don't usually respond to /pm "help me" and "[to admins] help come quick" before an actual / report) and decided to take responsibility for their actions.

+1

who's being petty? sorry it is a little unclear

Edited by IAMEVOLVE