Fix DarkRP

26 minutes ago, Bread God said:

hey......

We cant be nice about this shit anymore, seriously. The server is going downhill and we haven't even gotten the promotions that was supposed to pretty much save the server, none of the higher ups want to hold a meeting and it's all fucked. It should either be get your shit together or get off the team.

25 minutes ago, Witchings said:

We cant be nice about this shit anymore, seriously. The server is going downhill and we haven't even gotten the promotions that was supposed to pretty much save the server, none of the higher ups want to hold a meeting and it's all fucked. It should either be get your shit together or get off the team.

Woah hostility. The server isn't in shambles: it just needs fixing. I get home tomorrow. If you would like a staff meeting, then you can help me personally organize one if you think that would help. Let's tone down the hostility though. This isn't a hate thread.

22 minutes ago, Bread God said:

Woah hostility. The server isn't in shambles: it just needs fixing. I get home tomorrow. If you would like a staff meeting, then you can help me personally organize one if you think that would help. Let's tone down the hostility though. This isn't a hate thread.

It wasn't meant to be hostile, it was meant to be honest, I'd love to assist you though. 

Just now, Witchings said:

It wasn't meant to be hostile, it was meant to be honest, I'd love to assist you though. 

For sure. I want to use Reese's outline, and invite all staff as well as players to the meeting. I'll let you know when the time is and what the full plan is when I get home. See you then.

58 minutes ago, gLitcH3dit said:

The major issue is the lack of any direction. It's just a shitshow of people trying to enjoy the shambles that is the server.

??? Whaaaaaaaat? Just because there was propblock one night doesn't mean the staff team is horrible. I don't think you have been here long enough to see others take sits. Sneaky is a new member, therefore he is very happy to take sits. I know I was taking sits left and right when I was a T-Mod. But people want to roleplay. Staff are NEVER allowed to go AFK on the On Duty job. However, they are more than welcome to go AFK on an RP job. Plus, the time you made this report is during vacation season. Just because one day staff aren't active doesn't mean the server goes to shit. Take MRP for example. The staff cannot predict a mass debrief killing; they can only punish after it. Same goes with DarkRP. And since I'm pretty sure you haven't been DRP staff before, I don't think you are aware that sometimes there are more than 10 sits at a time, and less than 5 staff on. You also mention only 2 staff who are taking reports. And while this may be true one day, Source is an MVP. Take a look at the staff roster for the past 2 months. This man has 600+ sits. So don't go around spreading misinformation that only 2 of our staff are the only ones taking sits. In conclusion to this whole thing, since I have commented before (as well as others), yet you keep complaining: I wanted to make a couple of things clear.

1. Recently, we have lost a lot of staff, meaning our numbers are low.

2. The higher ups have recently been distant, leaving a lot of mods and some admins to work on the server.

3. It's vacation time. Multiple staff are out, meaning the average amount of minges we usually get every day can do more damage, as we don't have as many staff.

4. The staff on also like to RP. Sometimes we tab out for a second, or are in the middle of a raid and we forget that there is a sit.

At the end of the day, you are playing on Garnet Gaming. We aren't the top server, like Elite Lupis. We aren't the most popular server, or the server with the most add-ons. But we have a pretty nice community. A lot of people stay here because of the fun they have with the people on the server, not the actual content itself. That's a main reason I stayed, and many others too. There will always be minges. There will always be trouble. It's DarkRP; what do you expect? The staff try and do their best. We have off days sometimes, but we are some of the best staff. We have a couple of people who fall, people who abuse. But their wake is cleaned up fast, and we try to not have that situation occur again. I kind of went on a tangent here, but I felt like I really needed to say this. The DarkRP staff team has been getting a lot of disrespect recently, but I fell like it's not deserved. With the small staff team we have, and the higher ups who aren't always there, it's hard keeping the server in line. So at the end of the day, either be patient and wait for change, or leave the community if you think you would have a better time elsewhere. Happy New year, and I hope you give the server a second chance.

-Buddha

2 hours ago, Bread God said:

??? Whaaaaaaaat? Just because there was propblock one night doesn't mean the staff team is horrible. I don't think you have been here long enough to see others take sits. Sneaky is a new member, therefore he is very happy to take sits. I know I was taking sits left and right when I was a T-Mod. But people want to roleplay. Staff are NEVER allowed to go AFK on the On Duty job. However, they are more than welcome to go AFK on an RP job. Plus, the time you made this report is during vacation season. Just because one day staff aren't active doesn't mean the server goes to shit. Take MRP for example. The staff cannot predict a mass debrief killing; they can only punish after it. Same goes with DarkRP. And since I'm pretty sure you haven't been DRP staff before, I don't think you are aware that sometimes there are more than 10 sits at a time, and less than 5 staff on. You also mention only 2 staff who are taking reports. And while this may be true one day, Source is an MVP. Take a look at the staff roster for the past 2 months. This man has 600+ sits. So don't go around spreading misinformation that only 2 of our staff are the only ones taking sits. In conclusion to this whole thing, since I have commented before (as well as others), yet you keep complaining: I wanted to make a couple of things clear.

1. Recently, we have lost a lot of staff, meaning our numbers are low.

2. The higher ups have recently been distant, leaving a lot of mods and some admins to work on the server.

3. It's vacation time. Multiple staff are out, meaning the average amount of minges we usually get every day can do more damage, as we don't have as many staff.

4. The staff on also like to RP. Sometimes we tab out for a second, or are in the middle of a raid and we forget that there is a sit.

At the end of the day, you are playing on Garnet Gaming. We aren't the top server, like Elite Lupis. We aren't the most popular server, or the server with the most add-ons. But we have a pretty nice community. A lot of people stay here because of the fun they have with the people on the server, not the actual content itself. That's a main reason I stayed, and many others too. There will always be minges. There will always be trouble. It's DarkRP; what do you expect? The staff try and do their best. We have off days sometimes, but we are some of the best staff. We have a couple of people who fall, people who abuse. But their wake is cleaned up fast, and we try to not have that situation occur again. I kind of went on a tangent here, but I felt like I really needed to say this. The DarkRP staff team has been getting a lot of disrespect recently, but I fell like it's not deserved. With the small staff team we have, and the higher ups who aren't always there, it's hard keeping the server in line. So at the end of the day, either be patient and wait for change, or leave the community if you think you would have a better time elsewhere. Happy New year, and I hope you give the server a second chance.

-Buddha

There are several points I'd like to make regarding this post. First off, this was posted in the rant forum, thus it is a rant. Of course I keep complaining. If I felt the server was unplayable I would of posted under suggestions with that I've said. And you're saying the staff weren't active only one day? I don't know if you've been on the server for the last month or 2, but the amount of active staff have been on the decline recently, along side the loss of staff and higher ups. Also, I may have the rules memorized, but not names. I respect Source alot, and would of included him in the original if I remembered him at that moment. Another user I see doing work is GTA. And yes alot of people stay on the server because they have many friends there, but also many of the users are still there because they either paid money for donator items or miss the way the server once was. 

This post was originally made to call out the higher staff, and was meant to bring light to the users who try extremely hard everyday. That's why I originally included some staff who kept the server afloat.  Even with what you've said, the server is dying and I stick by that. These hard working staff members can't support a dying server. 

And even though I'm just now coming back to the server full-time, I've been in and out since my departure trying to keep an eye on how everything is going. I still respect garnet and his followers for creating this mini empire, but if they don't get their shit together in some form or fashion this server will die. 

Edited by gLitcH3dit
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1