[DarkRP] Appealing a Ban - (Step by Step Guide)

Preface:

Since you are viewing this guide, I am going to assume that you have just been banned wrongfully and you want to appeal your ban to have it lifted or shortened. This process could take 10-15 minutes so set aside this time to focus on this task, as it can be confusing. First you will need to make sure you have a couple of things:

1. Your In-Game name and SteamID (Which can be obtained at Steamid.io, by entering your profile URL.)
  2. The In-Game name and SteamID of the staff who banned you (Which can be obtained at Steamid.io, by entering the profile URL.)
  3. Any evidence that your ban was false.
  4. Date and time of the ban
  5. Any other information pertaining to the ban, (Go to Garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans and search your steamid to find this)

Step 1, the template:

You can find the information describing the guidelines and terms of ban appealing at this link, (Right click and press Open in new tab), 

BAN APPEAL FORMAT/TEMPLATE LINK

After reading through the terms, conditions, and most of all the template, you are ready to begin; simply copy the template to your clipboard, the template is this series of questions:

In-game name:

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):

Staff members in-game name:

Staff members SteamID (/id (name):

Date & Time of incident:

Timezone:

Ban Reason:

How long were you banned for?:

Proof of Ban: What happened? (include any proof):

Why should your ban be removed?:

Step 2, Topic Creation:

Next off we will create your topic, this can be done simply by following this hyperlink (Right click and press Open in new tab)

CREATE TOPIC IN REPORTS AND APPEALS

Once the post creation becomes available, paste in the template that you copied previously.

Step 3, Filling in your Information

You can fill out your information in the appeal format you just pasted into your post creation field, here is an example:

In-game name: Garnet

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:182379093

Staff members in-game name: Evity

Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:132364798

Date & Time of incident: Monday, January 21st, 2019

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Ban Reason: Mass NLR

How long were you banned for?: 2 Days

Proof of Ban: What happened? (include any proof): (ANY SCREENSHOTS, VIDEOS, OR INFORMATION - IMAGES CAN BE UPLOADED TO IMGUR.COM AND VIDEOS TO YOUTUBE.COM, STREAMABLE.COM, OR ETC.)

Why should your ban be removed?: I only broke NLR twice, which is only a warning for 2x NLR, I feel I was falsely punished and would like to be told how I Mass NLRed when I only broke NLR twice.

Step 4, Posting and Post Responses

Make sure to try to remain professional in your replies, don't jump at every single reply that is made on your post, and try to avoid spamming, double posting, or anything of that sort. Try to be honest and professional and your appeal will be reviewed in a timely manner, and if the operator in charge feels it should be so, you will be unbanned. 

Conclusion & DISCLAIMER

(I understand that a post of this type and subject has already been created, however, it explains tips and tricks on how to make your appeal better and have a higher chance of being accepted, this post is a step-by-step instruction on how to make the appeal itself. 

Here are some tips and tricks to get your appeal accepted the first time:

Thank you for playing on Garnet Gaming, and I wish you the best of luck!

~Vincent (DarkRP Moderator)

• Like 1