DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestions for a better MRP.

rauler

Suggestions.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with each suggestion? (Choices 1 and 2 are for suggestion 1) (Choices 3 and 4 are for suggestion 2) (Choices 5 and 6 are for suggestion 3) (Choices 7 and 8 are for suggestion 4) (Choices 9 and 10 are for suggestion 5)

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes
    • No
    • Yes
    • No
    • Yes
    • No
    • Yes
    • No

Hello, as a quick note this is going to be a rather lengthy post but definitely worth the read. Please do not vote until you have read each suggestion thoroughly. 

Suggestion Number 1. Full Revert of the Map to CSDesert.

As of yesterday, the map reverted to an older map that went away in December of 2017, a variation of csdesert that Garnet edited about 2 years ago. This map holds dearly to me, and many other older players as well. This was also the map when the server was at its absolute peak. Both sides were fairly even (At the time, afghan and US were both countries), and even at a fairly early time on the weekdays, the server would reach 100 people.

I am suggesting a full revert back to this map, instead of it staying for the event. My reasoning for this is to simply benefit the server. The server works better on this map, mainly because this server in my opinion is mostly a TDM server. Previous maps were better for RP oriented situations, however this has obviously proven to not work, with it ultimately failing in the end. The server back in 2017 worked simply because of the chemistry that players had with their factions, faction mates, and other people on the server, as well as the way the server is oriented with constant wars. Also, the thread that Gildards made received a super majority of the votes towards csdesert returning as a map. Lastly, Garnets thread about the valentines day event received immense positive feedback from both veteran players and newer players alike.

Suggestion Number 2. Changing RU spawn point to Afghan base, and objective changes.

I haven't really played on the server since the temporary revert to csdesert, but I have heard many complaints about how one sided wars are towards US. RU base is far away from almost any sort of objective on the map. Also, Spetz mountain is a massive advantage for US, as base camping is far too easy for US if they are behind spetz mountain sniping towards RU base. Anyway, this is a simple change, but changing the spawn point of all RU to afghan base will allow the balance that existed back in 2017. Comms is equidistant from both afghan base and US, toxic crater (the crater near UK), is afghan base sided, while OP (outpost) is US base sided. This will allow for more balanced gameplay.

So basically, changing RU base to Afghan base, and changing the objectives to COMMS, toxic crater, and outpost will overall benefit the server for RU balance sake and allow for more balanced gameplay between the factions during war.

Suggestion Number 3. Removal of red bull (or reducing overall movement speed)

I think pretty much everyone can agree with me on this that Red Bull makes a player much too fast. Over the year, the overall base player movement speed has increased by almost 30% (I think it used to be somewhere in the low 200's, and now is in the high 200's. Combine this with Red Bull and you get the fucking flash. Either completely removing Red Bull or reducing the overall movement speed of a player will counteract this, and will allow for slower paced and more skilled gameplay.

Suggestion Number 4. Nerfing of certain crutch donator weapons.

Like I iterated before, I haven't really been playing at all, but according to some players I have been talking to, some weapons are just straight up overpowered. AEK, most SMGS, and some AR's that certain factions have are known to cross map snipe people across the map better than an orsis or a mosin could ever do. Assault rifles are meant to be engaged in middle-middle long range, and SMG's and meant for short-short middle range. Reducing the accuracy and recoil of these weapons will allow for more balanced gameplay. I have heard complaints about people getting one tapped across the map with assault rifles, mainly the AEK. Reducing the damage of specifically assault rifles to not allow for a one tap to the head, or incorporating a range fall off will allow for a better and more balanced playing experience. 

TLDR: Basically, reducing the accuracy of SMG's and assault rifles, and reducing either the damage or increasing the damage falloff of assault rifles.

Suggestion Number 5. Objective cap times.

Since the new map is constant fast paced action, its going to be near impossible for a country to retake an objective. Reducing the objective cap times to a lower point will balance out the server for the current map. I am proposing 1 % of cap every 5 seconds per player, up to a cap of 5 players, allowing for a minimum cap time of 1 minute and 40 seconds. This is very similar to what it used to be on previous maps, and what makes the majority of people happy.

Thanks for reading, and please vote in the poll above.

• Like 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

1) No

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) No

5) Yes

1) In it’s current state, this map is not that enjoyable. Like you mentioned, the Obj and Spawn balancing is abysmal. The glare aspect of this map is annoying but I guess that’s something I could get used to. The server is becoming more TDM than RP, you are correct. However there are still players/factions who enjoy and want to participate in the RP scenarios. Garnet mentioned that he could possibly do a massive revamp of this map to reach today’s standards. My vote is subject to change based on that overhaul but atm I’m not for reverting.

2) IF we do end up sticking with Desert and for the remainder of the event, this is a huge +1. Shits fucked.

3) Probsbly the 3rd or 4th post I’ve +1’d this idea. Slow people down and see #5

4) I said no but it’s an eh. I don’t think damage necessarily needs to be touched but the reduced accuracy and potency at range is something I support. To my knowledge only twin AR’s can one tap, the FAL and G3. All AR’s besides these two take 3, non headshot, bullets to kill. I think that’s fair given the current state of the hitreg, with all the 25% damage shots that land. The accuracy and effective range changes get +1’s from me. AR’s and SMG’s should receive a more severe drop off in damage and accuracy past their designed in-game range.

5) Yes, regardless of the map. Makes for more interesting wars. Enter suggestion #3 if we nerf movespeed / remove redbull, there needs to be another change to help balance objective capturing.

• Winner 1
SWEP.FireDelay = 60/800
SWEP.FireSound = "AEK.FIRE"
SWEP.FireSoundSuppressed = "AEK.SUPFIRE"
SWEP.Recoil = .9

SWEP.HipSpread = 0.1
SWEP.AimSpread = 0.008
SWEP.VelocitySensitivity = 1.8
SWEP.MaxSpreadInc = 0.08
SWEP.SpreadPerShot = 0.009
SWEP.SpreadCooldown = 0.15
SWEP.Shots = 1
SWEP.Damage = 36
SWEP.DeployTime = 1
SWEP.RecoilToSpread = .8

Code for AEK edit: Makes weapon exceptional close range, however long range and jumping with the weapon makes it piss poor.

SWEP.FireSound = "STER_Fire"
SWEP.FireSoundSuppressed = "STER_Firesup"
SWEP.Recoil = .6

SWEP.HipSpread = 0.08
SWEP.AimSpread = 0.0100
SWEP.VelocitySensitivity = 1
SWEP.MaxSpreadInc = 0.04
SWEP.SpreadPerShot = 0.01
SWEP.SpreadCooldown = 0.14
SWEP.Shots = 1
SWEP.Damage = 29
SWEP.DeployTime = 0.8

Code edit for Sterling : Same applies to the AEK, good close range, but terrible very long ranges.

Reply or comment if you have any questions about stats.

• Like 3

First Suggestion: +1 (Modified).

I do believe this map is 100x better than the "main" map currently, it just feels way better to play on than the main current one. But from the wars I've been in poor RU has been getting base camped to hell and back because of Spetz Mountain. Its to the point where they are all just sitting on the fence waiting for war to be over/trying to snipe out anything they can see from that position. I suggest that we disallow any US members to go on TOP of the spetz mountain, as obviously it is just being abused. Now whether RU is allowed to use the mountain I don't really care, but people might think it's unfair that they can use the mountain but US can't or some shit.

Second Suggestion: -1

I feel like the current objectives are fine honestly, it's just that spetz is being abused which I previously gave a solution earlier. It's kind of fun having taliban as an objective rather than it being an FOB for RU. Honestly that base isn't very good and doesn't fit the "theme" well for RU.

Third Suggestion: +-1

I personally don't really care if it gets removed or not, I feel like with this map it can't be abused as much when it comes to deforming the hitboxes while moving like a speed demon. Plus I don't use redbull either way so it doesn't affect me at all.

Fourth Suggestion: +-1

Ehhh I don't know about this one. I feel like on one hand it can be very beneficial when it comes to balancing issues but on the other this new map is already a sniper war, nerfing the accuracy is just going to make it even worse. I don't know too much about how buffing/nerfing these weapons work so this is out of my judgment I guess.

Fifth Suggestion: +1

Sure, why not. I don't see in any harm of trying this.

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

@Blade

I’m not super familiar with editing SWEP state. Do any of those deal with damage falloff?

self.EffectiveRange = 10 * 15.37
	self.DamageFallOff = .7

Forgot to add that to the post, needs slight more testing due to csdesert only being around 100 meters away for sniping(measured from parallel hill).

52 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I feel like the current objectives are fine honestly, it's just that spetz is being abused which I previously gave a solution earlier. It's kind of fun having taliban as an objective rather than it being an FOB for RU. Honestly that base isn't very good and doesn't fit the "theme" well for RU.

US is literally closer to every OBJ. How is that okay? Who cares about the theme of RU just said Russian forces took over an abandoned Afghan base for refuge as a FOB. The current Russian base doesn't work. Our DB is literally a 3 person wide ramp into a fucking cave. At server peak, RU should have about 30 players. How in your imagination do you see 30 players separate into at least 5 groups for factions attending a DB in a 3 PERSON WIDE Hallway? The change of RU's FOB and OBJs is a must. If nothing else happens from this it should be the change.

1 hour ago, PrisonNightmare said:

First Suggestion: +1 (Modified).

I do believe this map is 100x better than the "main" map currently, it just feels way better to play on than the main current one. But from the wars I've been in poor RU has been getting base camped to hell and back because of Spetz Mountain. Its to the point where they are all just sitting on the fence waiting for war to be over/trying to snipe out anything they can see from that position. I suggest that we disallow any US members to go on TOP of the spetz mountain, as obviously it is just being abused. Now whether RU is allowed to use the mountain I don't really care, but people might think it's unfair that they can use the mountain but US can't or some shit.

Second Suggestion: -1

Third Suggestion: +-1

I personally don't really care if it gets removed or not, I feel like with this map it can't be abused as much when it comes to deforming the hitboxes while moving like a speed demon. Plus I don't use redbull either way so it doesn't affect me at all.

Fourth Suggestion: +-1

Ehhh I don't know about this one. I feel like on one hand it can be very beneficial when it comes to balancing issues but on the other this new map is already a sniper war, nerfing the accuracy is just going to make it even worse. I don't know too much about how buffing/nerfing these weapons work so this is out of my judgment I guess.

Fifth Suggestion: +1

Sure, why not. I don't see in any harm of trying this.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just gonna address the second suggestion real quick.

I feel as though theres really only one right answer to the objective problem. US simply has the upper hand, and by a large margin.

24735.jpg

Pictured above is a rough outline of what csdesert looks like (the map the servers on is slightly different, with outpost being to the left of gas station. RU base is present in the bottom right quadrant, afghan base is on the bottom left quadrant, US base on the top right quadrant, and COMMS on the top left quadrant. 

COMMS is completely US sided, as its not only closer, but there's way more ground US can cover while setting up positions when the war starts, which includes straight towards the objective, around the hills on the north side of the map, and the middle of the map. COMMS is almost impossible for RU to cap.

Afghan base is another objective thats US sided, but not as much. Although RU is a bit closer, US can supplement troops from both COMMS and in the middle of the map in between outpost and afghan base. RU has to get through spetz mountain, through either the road, toxic crater, or ALL the way around the left side of the map.

Outpost is the only even objective in my opinion. Although US is closer only by a small margin, RU usually can only send their troops towards this objective. However, if US have control of spetz mountain, it becomes a US sided objective for sure.

So basically, US can branch out from pretty much everywhere towards COMMS, outpost, and afghan base. RU doesn't have this option, and can only split one way towards the north towards outpost. Some players can climb up spetz before being exposed by the US (this spot is right near RU base, and Im not referring the the traditional spetz mountain climb that was used in tryouts, this is a different one.), but only a few veterans and older players know how to do this.

Changing the RU base to afghan base wouldn't make much sense, but temporarily its a quick and easy fix. COMMS would be a tie, toxic crater would be RU sided, and outpost would be US sided. In my opinion its a perfect balance.

On your other points though I didn't really read them, but I appreciate the feedback. I feel as though my second suggestion is the most important currently though.

Edited by rauler
  • 300 IQ 5
  • 2 months later...