Cease and Disperse Suggestion

{GG}otham

I'm suggesting a new idea on how each faction should deal with people rolling up to their front gate. More times than not, these said players have arrived to minge and play chicken with the KOS border. After reading the suggestion to clarify the KOS limit after a player has left the base, I decided to try and implement a system that would circumvent the issue entirely.

What I'm suggesting is what I refer to as "Cease and Disperse". This concept allows both factions to  get rid of people who are standing around their FOB's. It could be enacted by O-1's or higher(same as kidnap), and it would work via the following example.
"/comms [Open] Attention Non-US personnel loitering at the FOB. This is your warning to Cease and Disperse.(30 seconds)"

This would enable both sides to have a little more control over their controlled territories, aswell as at a little bit of realism. As I find it very unlikely for people to casually stroll so close to a well armed military base.

(The thread I referred to.)

On the post itself, i pointed out the issue that staff trying to regulate something like this is abysmal. People could freely RDM players who are outside of their base and claim that they entered at some point. This of course assuming that we're still going on the basis that the reporter has to provide evidence. The only way for someone to get warned in this scenario is if the reporter was recording.

My suggestion would make it to where these cases would very rarely occur, and is also very staff friendly. The comms message along with it's timestamp is comparable to the timestamp with the kill log.

• 300 IQ 1
28 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

I'm suggesting a new idea on how each faction should deal with people rolling up to their front gate. More times than not, these said players have arrived to minge and play chicken with the KOS border. After reading the suggestion to clarify the KOS limit after a player has left the base, I decided to try and implement a system that would circumvent the issue entirely.

What I'm suggesting is what I refer to as "Cease and Disperse". This concept allows both factions to  get rid of people who are standing around their FOB's. It could be enacted by O-1's or higher(same as kidnap), and it would work via the following example.
"/comms [Open] Attention Non-US personnel loitering at the FOB. This is your warning to Cease and Disperse.(30 seconds)"

This would enable both sides to have a little more control over their controlled territories, aswell as at a little bit of realism. As I find it very unlikely for people to casually stroll so close to a well armed military base.

(The thread I referred to.)

On the post itself, i pointed out the issue that staff trying to regulate something like this is abysmal. People could freely RDM players who are outside of their base and claim that they entered at some point. This of course assuming that we're still going on the basis that the reporter has to provide evidence. The only way for someone to get warned in this scenario is if the reporter was recording.

My suggestion would make it to where these cases would very rarely occur, and is also very staff friendly. The comms message along with it's timestamp is comparable to the timestamp with the kill log.

It’s technically meta gaming to assume someone’s faction without getting information first 

Just now, Cameron said:

It’s technically meta gaming to assume someone’s faction without getting information first 

Anyone not in a US faction uniform can be safely labeled under "non-US personnel" and vice versa, so i'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at there.

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 3

I actually really like this concept, many times I find Ru with 2 or 3 people that are either at the front or side gate and wanted to be there to be annoying (not all RU, some are really cool) or I find I want to kidnap an RU but there are always with an ally. So it makes sense in RP fashion too is that each country wants to protect their base from the other side. I +1 this.

4 hours ago, Cameron said:

Countries for the most part have plenty of knowledge of other countries military including outfits and weapons.

ANYWAY, Why not just shoot them without a warning? If they "play chicken" or "Bait the line" just kill them anyway.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

Countries for the most part have plenty of knowledge of other countries military including outfits and weapons.

ANYWAY, Why not just shoot them without a warning? If they "play chicken" or "Bait the line" just kill them anyway.

I agree with this, but as I mentioned about the post I linked, it puts staff in an awkward position. They can just say they weren't, and with a screen shot of their body outside of base, you're getting warned

Just now, Mute said:

I agree with Aaron, if they are warn baiting inside and out of your KOS Zones, just shoot them. If I'm not mistaken this is what it normally was when we were back on CS Desert before. 

I'm sure that is the norm now. It's just an extra piece of roleplay that honestly wouldn't be too bad and makes sense. The amount of times I've seen a set of two 2GA enlisted (not even just Pvt's, some all the way up at SNS) walk up to US FOB and then sit at the front gate. They're not even warn baiting or roleplaying, as whenever I show up I hear "oh hey, 18A" or my rank, or even my name. I know its DarkRP but still.

That and Gotham is right about staff governing this.

1 hour ago, {GG}otham said:

I agree with this, but as I mentioned about the post I linked, it puts staff in an awkward position. They can just say they weren't, and with a screen shot of their body outside of base, you're getting warned

We don't need to add more and more things to compensate for minges

PLAN A: Litterally just tell a staff to spectate him for like 15 seconds to see hes baiting... And then proceed to kill him with the staff as witness.

PLAN B: If you're that worried just go on the other side of them and kill them so their body gets flung inside the base instead. (This next part is optional) Then T-Bag him ONCE and shoot him in the head one more time for good measure.

7 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

Anyone not in a US faction uniform can be safely labeled under "non-US personnel" and vice versa, so i'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at there.

I’m going to have to -1 literally we have KOS lines up for a reason if you see someone enter press F5 and kill them I can just see loopholes from people just killing opposition for no logical reason other then “loitering” a foot away from the KOS line if someone continues the memery talk to their leader about the behaviour 

25 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I’m going to have to -1 literally we have KOS lines up for a reason if you see someone enter press F5 and kill them I can just see loopholes from people just killing opposition for no logical reason other then “loitering” a foot away from the KOS line if someone continues the memery talk to their leader about the behaviour 

8 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

It could be enacted by O-1's or higher(same as kidnap), and it would work via the following example.

I'll respect your -1, but have you actually read what I've posted? Not trying to instigate or anything, but the past two responses from you have seemed very dissociated from what I've actually proposed.

58 minutes ago, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

We don't need to add more and more things to compensate for minges

And it's not really just a compensation for dealing with minges. It also keeps the front of base clear for those who aren't playing chicken with the KOS line. Currently, there is nothing we can do if 4-5 enemies just roll up to front gate and sit there.

6 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

I'll respect your -1, but have you actually read what I've posted? Not trying to instigate or anything, but the past two responses from you have seemed very dissociated from what I've actually proposed.

And it's not really just a compensation for dealing with minges. It also keeps the front of base clear for those who aren't playing chicken with the KOS line. Currently, there is nothing we can do if 4-5 enemies just roll up to front gate and sit there.

In that case I'd make a suggestion, call it like cease and disperse or something like that. That way you could just put in comms that they have 30 seconds to leave before they're Kos. Dont take my idea without giving me credit though

• Haha 2
  • Winner 1
1 minute ago, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

In that case I'd make a suggestion, call it like cease and disperse or something like that. That way you could just put in comms that they have 30 seconds to leave before they're Kos. Dont take my idea without giving me credit though

d3b443d7dc0b3e11ba1607f37203b9eb--caribb

• Like 2
1 hour ago, {GG}otham said:

Lol I talked about Meta game because it is basically assuming you’re with the opposing faction, US wouldn’t just kill random people that walked up if anything they would get apprehended and interrogated, same could go with RU but you know Putin’s kinda a badass, second my next argument has 100% valibilty your claiming if you see people near your KOS line you can call this Cease and Disperse and kill them, I say people are just going to be targeting and it doesn’t really make sense at all since we have KOS lines up hello? Or so that’s what I’m getting from your post, you see people hanging around, you call this comms message and their is nothing to really determines what leaving around the base means also, you just say 30 seconds like hello?