GrosCave's moderator application

GrosCave

Let me begin by presenting myself. I'm a 17 years old student from Canada. My main language is french but I love speaking and practicing my English every way I can. I rewrote this a couple of time following the staff advice since I really want to become a staff and im ready to put the necessary efforts. ❤️

In-game name: GrosCave

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:64061504

I'm gonna be honest: NLR and attempt to RDM ( but I learned from those warns and didn't do it again)

Timezone:

EST

Playtime?:

91:52:32.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?:

Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:

Yes

Referral(s): 
    Buddha, Exotic

Past experiences as staff:

I have been staff on FCGaming Purge server for a while before it closed ( I was an admin ). Also been a super admin on Kinsey a french RP server before the owner changed.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

First time I joined this server I saw a lot of rdm, minging and prop blocking and i thought this server was gonna die. I then started playing more and more and I realized even tho there was players trying to ruin the fun I still had a blast. During my time on the server I met great people and I want new players to be able to have the same experience has me. I possess a lot of qualities that are important on a RP server. For example, I am mature and patient which is important during admin sits or other non-rp situations. Also I can be a real joker sometimes but I know when to be serious and when to keep my chill in important situations. I would say im very talkative. I like to talk to people, meet and help new players to start on the server by giving them tips and tricks. Im always looking to help others and I even done volunteering. Ive always enjoyed having an important job/role.

As you can see lower in my application im someone that is competitive and I like to jump right in the action. I've always been attracted to moderating since I wanted to try a new type of "gameplay". I'm very fairplay and won't give reason to my friend knowing that he's wrong. In parallel im a quick learner. At school i get great results without studying and this ability will help a lot during training or while learning from my mistakes. I want to be part of the GarnetGaming staff family and im ready to be a dedicated staff member. My experience as a staff will also come in handy while training.

For conclusion, even tho the Garnet staff community is immense i believe I can help maintaining the peace in the server.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?

No I haven't, I try to make it fair for everyone.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:

I was thinking about it for a while but this is the first one Ive done

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

With school and big exams comming up I would say I can give about 3 hours per day and all the afternoon during the weekend.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

I'm someone that's really competitive so I enjoy practicing a lot of different sports. The weekend or after school i sometimes go skiing, play indoor tennis/badminton and I also play hockey with my bro. 

Did you read the staff rules?: (GrosCave) Yes of course

Edited by GrosCave
following the advices+grammar correction
  • Like 1

Alright complete redo of my reply. First off, I like how you took our advice and changed your application. It is actually decent but there are free grammar correction applications such as Grammarly which you could use, plus I'd like some examples of what you can do for our staff team. To be honest, my final answer for now is +1 since you took our advice and fixed your application.

Good luck!

Edited by Enƫity
Complete Redo

So first you talk about a troll with an admin friend. You mind providing that name so I can speak with them? Second, you say you have 700+ hours, but I've never seen you on. I don't even have that many hours on the server. Make sure you are providing your in game playtime rather than your all time gmod hours. Another issue is grammatical errors. I'm 17 too, but I don't make simple grammatical errors like the ones you have made in your app. Although it isn't the biggest issue, for someone trying to make a staff application, it should be important for you to put effort in. And that's my other comment: effort. From what I'm reading here, you hopped on the server maybe once or twice, clocked in about 10 hours of playtime, saw the usual minges and propblockers that are always on the server, and saw them get taken care of 5 minutes later by our staff team. Our staff team is already pretty immense, though you contradict this by saying we need more staff. Yes, new staff always benefit the server and help maintain it, but we don't have an incompetent or minimal staff team. My final criticism is your last line. You say you can help the server big time, yet you don't give any elaboration or explanation of what those talents might be. You give the qualities of patience and staying calm, but don't you think those should be basic qualities of staff? I read so many applications a month, and almost all of them are the same. I always give advice, but they rarely listen or take it to heart. You need to define yourself. Look at other applications. You can look at mine. You can look at other accepted applications. You can look at denied applications. All these will help you find what we are looking for in a staff member. You can't just log onto the forums, play on the server for one play session, then create an application with minimal effort and a paragraph that is repetitive and vague. I highly suggest fixing your application, and I'm going to leave steps below to follow.

1. Get to know he community more. I don't know who you are, nor do I think you have 700 hours on garnet. We have a teamspeak where you can meet and interact with other players and staff. The more staff you know, the more people can refer you and +1

2. Clean up your application. It's looking a little bare at the moment, and this comment alone is the length of your application if not longer. Explain your warns in detail, because throwing the blame on some "troll with an admin friend" shows that you lack admiting fault. Either clear up the warns, or keep letting yourself down. Also, fix you grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Those are important. Extent your length too. The MINIMUM is 1 paragraph. Don't strive for the minimum.

3. Don't hurt yourself in your application. By writing nothing about your abilities, it gives us nothing to +1. If we don't know you, and if you don't let yourself known, no one will think you are a good addition to the staff team. Tell us what you can do in addition to being calm and patient.

I typed all of this on mobile in the middle of class. If I can write something this long this fast without having to go back and edit my writing, I'm sure you can too. I have to -1 for now, but if you fix your application up and prove you are worth the staff position, I'll +1 and add you to referrals. 

Also, Loki above is bragging about paragraphs. No where close to my level yet 😉 

Also Kicks my pp isn't that short dude.

Also why are all 3 skelly gods replying in class on their phones lmao.

Edited by Bread God
Funny comments at bottom
7 minutes ago, Bread God said:

Also, Loki above is bragging about paragraphs. No where close to my level yet 😉 

As I was typing my response I couldn't stop thinking about you and your huge paragraphs.
Also you copied most of what I said so don't even try me boy

Edited by Enƫity
25 minutes ago, Bread God said:

Also why are all 3 skelly gods replying in class on their phones lmao.

prerequisite to become skelly god i guess.

Edited by Kicks
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, Enƫity said:

As I was typing my response I couldn't stop thinking about you and your huge paragraphs.
Also you copied most of what I said so don't even try me boy

As I was typing my response, you submitted your paragraph ;;;;))))