Buff Spike's Prox

Sleepy

So i did some testing and the prox mine only does 84 damage to 1 person stepping directly over it. I think the prox should atleast kill instantly anyone that steps on it. i dont want to set a prox where if an RU steps on it it doesnt even kill them. Besides I only have 1, and if any US walks even near it, it explodes and i dont have a prox mine anymore. The thing is basically useless. I think it should do atleast as much damage as the Green Beret breacher's grenade, and maybe even we should have a detonator so we can choose when it explodes. If that is possible it would be great, and 100% worth the money. But for now, the only thing good about spike is the Kriss vector and the 10% speed boost, the prox doesnt really help at all.

Spike is just a downgrade to the Guardian imo. 

thank you for reading and considering my suggestion

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 1

+1

Both the Spike and Prox class need a buff in their proxy mines. The amount of mines, as you said, is an issue and I agree that having only one mine per life isn't worth the $50 price tag with classes like RPG and Nailgunner having 4 direct rockets creating much more worth when compared to Spike/Prox. I would say that the amount of proxy mines they can carry should be 3, just like the amount of rockets as it isn't an insane number like 11 grenades, since those grenades are for spamming and the proxy mine is for precision. Having one Spike or Prox at an objective with working mines would be a menacing threat now. Another reason for 3 mines is because Factory and Company have about 4 good locations to enter from that would be good for mines like doorways, so if one Spike/Prox would be able to control most of the objective, it would be too much to have 4.

For specifically the Prox class, the PPSH it has needs a buff as was suggested by Illexion in another suggestion which I hope gets accepted.

Both of these classes are underused because they are under-powered for the $50 price tag. I hope that both receive a buff in at least one of the suggested ways.

• Like 1