DJ's & CP

Jarold

3 hours ago, Tripppy said:

+1 DJ is pretty much used to either

A. Play obnoxiously loud music right next to someone's base

or B. Use as a provoking tool, so they can get the reaction they want and report you.

The other suggestion is also a +1 since

A. Hits are an illegal activity if completed

And B. Curruption is not allowed.

+1

-1 to the DJ one, but +1 to the CP one. DJs should be able to build in the street because basing as a DJ is literally the most boring thing anyone could do. I believe if it were to become a rule it should get something that says "The front of your base must be accessible" such as the area where the music is playing, then they could have printers in the back. 

On 5/23/2018 at 11:54 PM, Mesperyian said:

-1 to the DJ one, but +1 to the CP one. DJs should be able to build in the street because basing as a DJ is literally the most boring thing anyone could do. I believe if it were to become a rule it should get something that says "The front of your base must be accessible" such as the area where the music is playing, then they could have printers in the back. 

Idk man, i've had fun setting up a club. Make a stage, even have a booth for a bartender/drug dealer. It feels more like the way the DJ was meant to be played, but i do like the idea of them having the option for money printers. BUT i also feel like most people don't get on DJ to make money

On 5/24/2018 at 4:54 AM, Mesperyian said:

Like what Jarold was saying DJ isn't really a job to be trying to profit off of, it's more of a fun roleplaying job to play as.

10 hours ago, Tripppy said:

Like what Jarold was saying DJ isn't really a job to be trying to profit off of, it's more of a fun roleplaying job to play as.

It kinda ruins the fun roleplay when you are confined to a building, not to mention you spend upwards of 30 minutes building a club that nobody is ever going to walk into. and then you just sit there and play music for nobody, switch off the class and play something else. I enjoy building a DJ stand in the middle of the fountain area where everyone can see, and you can decorate however you want. If I were to be confined to a building I would like it to be a base so I wouldn't be wasting my time.

7 minutes ago, Mesperyian said:

It kinda ruins the fun roleplay when you are confined to a building, not to mention you spend upwards of 30 minutes building a club that nobody is ever going to walk into. and then you just sit there and play music for nobody, switch off the class and play something else. I enjoy building a DJ stand in the middle of the fountain area where everyone can see, and you can decorate however you want. If I were to be confined to a building I would like it to be a base so I wouldn't be wasting my time.

If everyone were like you, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Setting up in the street isn't really the problem here, the problem is the people who use the DJ to minge/harass (like 70% of them). I know it's fun to setup in the street though ? . Do you have a counter suggestion? something to prevent the harassment

Just now, Jarold said:

If everyone were like you, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Setting up in the street isn't really the problem here, the problem is the people who use the DJ to minge/harass (like 70% of them). I know it's fun to setup in the street though ? . Do you have a counter suggestion? something to prevent the harassment

I think the main problem here is that most DJ rules are subject to opinion and not actual factual proof when reports are made based on volume/minge as the DJ.I reported a staff member once for playing extremely loud speedcore and the admin that took care of the sit straight up said "well I don't think its ridiculously loud so it's not a problem" and resolved the sit. I have some suggestions sure, here's a list.

• You may only play music as the DJ.
  • You may not play genres of music that have a reputation/definition for being annoying/loud.
    • it's kinda hard to really police sounds, as some staff members can literally say "i don't think its annoying" (as said above)
  • You may not build your DJ hut in the spawn area/around spawn area (must be outside the tunnels).
  • You may not build your DJ hut directly outside someone's base (with or without the intent to be annoying).

That's only a couple of suggestions, but the DJ rules are lacking in definition so anyone can really just be annoying as fuck with no repercussions.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mesperyian said:

I think the main problem here is that most DJ rules are subject to opinion and not actual factual proof when reports are made based on volume/minge as the DJ.I reported a staff member once for playing extremely loud speedcore and the admin that took care of the sit straight up said "well I don't think its ridiculously loud so it's not a problem" and resolved the sit. I have some suggestions sure, here's a list.

• You may only play music as the DJ.
  • You may not play genres of music that have a reputation/definition for being annoying/loud.
    • it's kinda hard to really police sounds, as some staff members can literally say "i don't think its annoying" (as said above)
  • You may not build your DJ hut in the spawn area/around spawn area (must be outside the tunnels).
  • You may not build your DJ hut directly outside someone's base (with or without the intent to be annoying).

That's only a couple of suggestions, but the DJ rules are lacking in definition so anyone can really just be annoying as fuck with no repercussions.

I like i like. Confining to certain genres may be grasping at straws but i like the rest. 

Just now, Jarold said:

Confining to certain genres may be grasping at straws

Speedcore is all about being loud and annoying, i've got nothing wrong with it i listen to it myself sometimes but if I am playing darkrp and someone basing next to me is playing the loudest fucking speedcore I have ever heard and no matter what I do to tell him to turn it off he doesn't, it gets quite ridiculous. Also there is some things you can play on the radio. I noticed myself that videos containing the phrase "ear rape" have been blacklisted from the radio, but I was still able to play this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dimsCJvyXSU

• The Garnut
On 5/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, Jarold said:

2. Civil Protection/Mayor: They may not perform illegal activities. But the hitman doesn't do anything illegal until he kills someone, the placing of the hit isn't really illegal, or is it? - The bounty hunter is essentially their hitman in my opinion.

Do I really need to specify placing hits cannot be carried out by a CP?

As you said it yourself, they may not perform illegal activities, and hiring a killer is illegal...

• The Garnut
3 hours ago, Mesperyian said:

It's a DarkRP, if it's not specified in the rules explicitly then it's free game.

It's DarkRP, if the staff team is properly handled this wouldn't have been an issue.

Just now, Garnet said:

It's DarkRP, if the staff team is properly handled this wouldn't have been an issue.

you got me there, but the DJ rule regarding "music that is too loud or ear rape" can be opinionated, therefore making it impossible for it to be handled correctly.

• The Garnut
Just now, Mesperyian said:

you got me there, but the DJ rule regarding "music that is too loud or ear rape" can be opinionated, therefore making it impossible for it to be handled correctly.

There's functionality for clients to mute the radio anyways