DJ's & CP

Jarold

1. DJ’s: Shouldn’t be allowed to build in the streets. It opens the door for people to set up DIRECTLY in front of spawn and play absolutely anything. It destroys a new players first impression when they join the server and are forced to hear a 10 hour loop of Nyan Cat, or an hour long video of someone eating bags of Doritos, as soon as they spawn in. I understand they can just walk out of the radios range, but the DJ can also just set up in front of someone's base and legally harass them.

Rule suggestion:

• You must base inside a building, and it must be accessible to the public.

2. Civil Protection/Mayor: They may not perform illegal activities. But the hitman doesn't do anything illegal until he kills someone, the placing of the hit isn't really illegal, or is it? - The bounty hunter is essentially their hitman in my opinion.

Rule Suggestion:

• Civil protection may not place hits through the hitman.

• Like 2
  1. Definitely agree with this. There are select individuals who run DJ exclusively, who also use it as an excuse to RDM. Another suggestion maybe to circumvent those? Like perhaps allowing players to ask to change the volume on the radio? Just throwing ideas out there.
  2. Definitely agree again, as most of the hits I witnessed being placed in a harassing matter were from CP. 
1 minute ago, Catfisher said:

+1

Both of these are good suggestions, and I believe more extensive DJ rules should be added alongside what you've suggested (more specifically on the allowance/disallowance of printers for DJs).

Agreed, also whether they're allowed to raid or not. 

10 minutes ago, cody said:

In my opinion, I feel like that changing the rule for DJs and forcing them indoors wouldn't affect very much due to how far the radios reach and the fact there are buildings literally feet away from spawn.

I disagree. the range isnt that huge. its like literally 200m radius.

Just now, cody said:

I could be wrong but from what I heard I think they could, If not the building directly across from spawn you're allowed to build outside of anyway.

ya was thinking possibly right on the edge of the perimeter. 

7 hours ago, cody said:

In my opinion, I feel like that changing the rule for DJs and forcing them indoors wouldn't affect very much due to how far the radios reach and the fact there are buildings literally feet away from spawn.

I'm willing to bet it would ward off a lot of minging with the DJ. I'm more worried about the fact that right now, they can put a booth right in front of you base, if they're confined to they're own property at least you will have the option to walk away and know they wont follow you.

Just now, cody said:

To be fair the could pack up shop and move to any base that isn't claimed just as long as they don't have one already.

They would still be confined to their own property. Gives the player being harassed more of a chance to get out of range

22 hours ago, Jarold said:

1. DJ’s: Shouldn’t be allowed to build in the streets. It opens the door for people to set up DIRECTLY in front of spawn and play absolutely anything. It destroys a new players first impression when they join the server and are forced to hear a 10 hour loop of Nyan Cat, or an hour long video of someone eating bags of Doritos, as soon as they spawn in. I understand they can just walk out of the radios range, but the DJ can also just set up in front of someone's base and legally harass them.

+1) I agree with this (even though I do it sometimes) since it gives people the option of simply walking away instead of being forced to listen to it 24/7.

22 hours ago, Jarold said:

2. Civil Protection/Mayor: They may not perform illegal activities. But the hitman doesn't do anything illegal until he kills someone, the placing of the hit isn't really illegal, or is it? - The bounty hunter is essentially their hitman in my opinion.

+1) I personally think hitmen and assassins are more illegal mercenaries, so it would just make sense RP wise since a bounty hunter could be thought of as a more "legal" hitman

7 minutes ago, cody said:

I could guarantee in almost any situation they would still hear the radio but I get your point.

I get your point too, but it would drastically reduce it. In a warehouse you would definitely be able to get out of range. Doesn't completely fix the problem, just a step in the right direction 

+1 DJ is pretty much used to either

A. Play obnoxiously loud music right next to someone's base

or B. Use as a provoking tool, so they can get the reaction they want and report you.

The other suggestion is also a +1 since

A. Hits are an illegal activity if completed

And B. Curruption is not allowed.