GRU Assault and Officer Class Change

Vibe

Description

Change the current Vintorez Rifle on the GRU Assault class to the MSBS rifle that's already on the server. The current rifle on the class is very lackluster and does not meet the standard set by other rifles in other factions. The MSBS rifle is already on the server so there is no need to add a content pack.

Reasoning

The Vintorez is a glorified DMR with the ammo capacity of the M4. The fire rate combined with the recoil makes you have to use in a DMR fashion. Even the attachments aren't comparable to other SOC faction Rifles. The Special Forces M4 that GB and DF (ranger) gets has the following attachments: Long Barrel, Rail, Suppressor, 6 Sights that cover Close to Long Range, 2 Stock Options, and a Hip Fire Laser. The Vintorez only has the following attachments: 5 Sights the cover Close to long range, A Stock that makes it have higher recoil, and Mag Rounds. With GRU already specialized in Sniper and coming with a Sniper Class there is no need for a Crappy DMR Class. A simple change like this should not be hard to implement once Garnet gets the time and hardware to do it and it makes sense all around.

Edited by Vibe
Pencil Tutor Session
  • Like 4
  • Winner 1
Just now, Vibe said:

does now meet

not*?

Personally I disagree just because I think the gun fits stylistically wise, though I do agree it needs a change.

Perhaps if the gun was to be modified to have more of it's attachments allowed, most notably the one that turns it into an SMG, I think it would fit more, especially with possibly a recoil reduction, because I have used it when I tried out for GRU when I first joined and by god it was bad.

So +1, for it to be re-balanced and to have it's attachments be expanded so it can fit the place of an SMG/AR.

+1 for a change, but -1 for the change you suggested.

The weapon is fine in terms of its possibilities, the CW 2.0 mod has a lot more attachments for the VSS, and some should be added back in, like as Pencil mentioned to give more functionality or better stats. Just add some more attachments to the VSS, or reduce the recoil. I say this because the AK-103 that SSO and PDSS have is a copy/paste of the AK-47 stat-wise, but the AK-103 has a foregrip attachment that decreases recoil making it fundamentally better than the AK-47, a straight upgrade. Sometimes instead of a straight upgrade, a different function for the weapon could be good. For example, a slower firing, but more damaging gun would work more effectively at medium ranges, but would struggle at closer ranges, giving it a new function.

There are a few different things you could do, but as Garnet has said in the past, the gun you have is only unique for its model and sometimes its available attachments (which there are plenty of on the VSS, just not the Garnet version, which he can edit), everything else can be edited by Garnet, meaning the stats of the weapon. No need for a different weapon, just a change in the stats of said weapon.

37 minutes ago, Vibe said:

Currently, the US has 2 SOC factions with AR classes (GB and Rangers) while RU only has 1 (SSO).

PDSS has the AK-103 as well, the same gun. Three Special Forces factions on both sides have AR classes (MARSOC has a SCAR-L, which with the available attachments, can function as an AR just fine, and GRU has the VSS, which with its current stats fits as an AR more than anything else, and stats for it can be further updated to make it a more balanced AR). The VSS realistically is a sniper/DMR, but in-game, it can be whatever we want it to be. Functionality over form, as long as it works, y'know? Right now it doesn't work as it should, and should be updated, but we don't need to worry about how the gun looks as its looks are just fine.

+1 to the new gun idea. currently being a member of gru the weapon is total shit. It has fuck all for attachments. its fucking useless in almost all situations. the fire rate is slow and it does honestly piss poor damage. new something new other then this fucking piece of shit.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Foregrip, the recoil is the only issue with the Vintorez. That's the only difference (besides scopes) from the Vintorez and the AK-103. If not a foregrip, just decrease recoil, because that's all the foregrip does.