MilitaryRP | NEW MAP?

Map is looking very fresh and nice. I personally want some more Close Quarter Combat in this server. Currently on CS Desert, most of the combat only consist of long-range combat / sniping. Having a good balance of CQC and Sniping would be amazing in my opinion. The picture of the Bridge could be annoying in war. If that is the only way of traversing somewhere, then I think that it is extremely easy for someone to just camp that Bridge if it leads to an objective, or if it's a crossway for one of the nation's operating bases. Other than that, I think the map looks amazing. 

15 hours ago, Pencil said:

Maps like CSD with as many hills in quick succession it has, compliments head peeking too much. You basically can't run to the next hill without headpeeking or looking over it in thirdperson for a minute without risking dying. It promotes this really unhealthy gameplay, mostly due to thirdperson but also the design of it. Personally I support having the objectives of ATTC OR Factory, Company OR Airstrip and OG town. These objectives focus on making the conflict on the objective instead of 100ft off the objective holding the hills around it. These objectives also include some of the most coordination as you really need someone holding every angle whereas with the newest town that was used on TaigaForest and siberia, it was highly advantageous to just sit on hills on the outside since the OBJ was very open. The one on Taiga v3 which I started on, had many walls all around with close points to the walls which made them sneaky entrance points and thus needed to be watched. Regarding airstrip and ATTC I have played them on some of the other public GG maps that I searched for hours to find and my god, they were big but CQC focused which meant you really needed coordination from what I saw, which entices people to actually play OBJ and hold shit tight, only sending a small group to push up. With the current CSD it is very open and mix matched with playing areas all over the map, flat here, hilly here, mountains over here and it causes really drastic changes in gameplay but it all benefits one thing, snipers. Snipers work all on TC,CO and even Comms to an extent on CSD which with the OBJ's also being rather tiny, causes either huge opportunites for explosives or forces everyone to spread out and snipe, which personally I don't find very enjoyable nor a healthy playstyle to force upon everyone due to an OBJ being that way. I actually quite liked TaigaForest since it made areas had to actually be cleared of the outside forces of the building then push in for CQC, it wasn't all open and there was decent cover about. 

100% Agree with everything Pencil has said here. Feels like I'm reading my exact thoughts with everthing he said.

I will bring Up another point that often gets overlooked, new players.  For a new player or base factions, the current map is awful, its all sniping there are no large obj suitable for the AK or the AR, which are both decent weapons, but are useless on this map.  Even if you have the SKS or M14 you are still outclassed by the Orsis.  Also TC is not fun for someone just starting out, its a hole in the ground.  When I first started out, we were sent to old Tgara Town, which still has some of the best combat for base factions to this day.  While Cs might have brought back returning players, new players are turned away by the unfairness of the fight.  You either buy donors or you die and have no fun.  A Large urban Obj would help alot and bring in more CQC, also Br0kens idea of the high mountains would also tone down the heavy reliance of snipers.

Another thing: I dont know how hard this would be but while we are waiting for the new map if we went back to some other old maps for a bit while we wait.  Taiga V3 would be a lot of fun as a week special event or something.

2GA Marshal Young

"Im taking the speedrack outside 2GA, you can play with it after DB."

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • The Garnut
39 minutes ago, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

Anywho I dont think we need a new map.

Then again i dont even know why i care since i dont play buuuut...     I do.

You don't play the server, yet you still think you're entitled to tell us we should keep shitcdesert? okay.

I'm just being sassy, sorry.

• Winner 1

Personally, I like the whole urban setting thing. Depending on the size of it, I feel like it could be a nice change of pace and action, compared to CSCDesert where all wars just feel drawn out and boring. I hope to see at least something like this as the next map

CSCDesert is not a shit map, its just poorly optimized for 2 factions. It's balanced for 4, with US usually having the upper hand against RU, and former UK and Tali. I think some large ajustments need to be made to balance it out, and seeing as how so lobsided CSC is, even without objectives, and with the hill problems, the only thing I think is perservable is the "desert" feel.

Cant wait to see the new map!