DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Bendak's Staff Application

Bendak

-1 you seem rather egotistical and from what you wrote you are acting like it's a privilege for the server to have you as a staff member. You don't seem like a bad guy in game but from what you wrote you are the complete opposite of professional. Your essay contradict itself, saying staffing is a serious job then saying I'm just bored why not give it a try.Just because you keep it short does not mean it's good nor it shows your efficacy.Your attitude is not one of a good staff member. I would recommend finding a better reason than "I am bored so I might as well"  Also, someone with this much experience in staffing should know how to write a better essay rather than a half-ass one.Your first paragraph everything about benefiting the server was extremely generic. All of this statement I made is based purely on your staff app. You're giving yourself a bad first impression and a shitty second one for me atleast. You got to take a step back and look, will I +1 my own staff app ? I wish you good luck.

For someone who said he doesn't like wasting words, you sure are wasting words by explaining why you haven't follow the rules instead of just changing it.(with all due respect)

Edited by draggydx
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2
17 hours ago, Ting said:

-1 I understand that you fixed up your paragraph but it still seems like you just want to be staff because you are bored. That is not going to help the Garnet community. The staff team does not want to include someone who just wants to be there, they want someone who is dedicated to Garnet and loves what they do. 

The bored part was meant to just explain why I would put so many hours into the game and staffing. Not just to say I'm bored. 

17 hours ago, Ting said:

hey want someone who is dedicated to Garnet and loves what they do. 

I guess playing for 2 years on this server doesn't explain my dedication, but hey, you do you.

9 hours ago, draggydx said:

-1 you seem rather egotistical and from what you wrote you are acting like it's a privilege for the server to have you as a staff member. You don't seem like a bad guy in game but from what you wrote you are the complete opposite of professional. Your essay contradict itself, saying staffing is a serious job then saying I'm just bored why not give it a try.Just because you keep it short does not mean it's good nor it shows your efficacy.Your attitude is not one of a good staff member. I would recommend finding a better reason than "I am bored so I might as well"  Also, someone with this much experience in staffing should know how to write a better essay rather than a half-ass one.Your first paragraph everything about benefiting the server was extremely generic. All of this statement I made is based purely on your staff app. You're giving yourself a bad first impression and a shitty second one for me atleast. You got to take a step back and look, will I +1 my own staff app ? I wish you good luck.

For someone who said he doesn't like wasting words, you sure are wasting words by explaining why you haven't follow the rules instead of just changing it.(with all due respect)

Thank you for trying to twist shit up. Just because I am explaining why I think I would make a good staff member doesn't instantly mean I'm the best staff ever or anything. If someone asks you why you would be able to do certain things for a job they would want to see if you are qualified. So you talk about your qualities that you think would help. It's not egotistical. 

As for being bored, I am saying that this is my filler and I would be doing something good with my time and something worth it. I'd take that over being bored and not doing anything for the server besides just playing wars and training recruits.

I don't know what you mean by +1ing my own staff app. Please clarify.

9 hours ago, draggydx said:

That was a reminder for everyone who was just doing -1 solely on paragraphs. I wonder how many people were in that list.

17 hours ago, draggydx said:

???? 2 paragraphs??

And as a reminder for everyone: 

8 hours ago, Gildarts said:

-1's with "needs to beef up" are always considered spam FYI. Most retarded shit I always read

4 hours ago, Matt Watson said:

-1 It was really hard to decide what to say here, But what I have seen from you, You can be extremely aggressive at the times. Staff need to be calm and collected.

Aggressive in-game for roleplay when someone who knows better acts like an idiot.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Winner 1
7 hours ago, Matt Watson said:

But what I have seen from you, You can be extremely aggressive at the times.

And you’re not?

About a week ago I would have -1’d you because I had a bad impression of you, but this past week you’ve shown me that you’re both chill and mature so for that I’ll give you a +1.

Edited by DannKeb
  • Like 1

This is my last response due to anything else being irrelevant toward him. Your responses show that you are very aggressive and nonresponsive toward constructive criticism. I didn't think I had to be clearer when I said "Would you +1 your staff app" it's called self reflection.I didn't twist anything, you were the one who took 3 seconds to write that staff app and I call you out on it. If you wanted a quality staff app, you would've wrote one but you half-assed one. I thought you were a decent person but from what I've seen you from you on forums you aren't staff material atleast for GG. I recommend working on the attitude problem that people listed before reapplying.(with all due respect)Sorry for putting you on blast but if you get accepted when you spent literally no effort compared to the other people who spent hours or even days going over their staff app/essay it would be unfair. Honestly, this could've been avoid if you had put any,ANY effort in your staff app in the beginning.

I'm pretty sure most of the HR team thought of the same thing when they saw your staff app. Hopefully @Ethan or @Pencil can respond to see if my points follow through with the rest of the HR Team. 

Edited by draggydx
  • Like 3

+1 From what I've seen of you have acted mature as well you have lots of experience in the server and staffing other servers.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:09 AM, Acid Drop said:

I plan on benefiting by being active. A lot. Imma be honest and say right now I have nothing to do with my life and I'm just bored. I thought that I might as well help GarnetGaming out and give my ability to be a staff member to eat up my spare time.

Just a side note : sad to see so many people flame you for this wording, as if you should dedicate your life to GG staffing when you apply. As well liked the fact that you didn't put in a bunch of extra bullshit with your paragraphs that makes me stop reading after the fourth sentence.

• Like 2
  • Cringe 4
  • Friendly 1

Well, you edited your paragraphs due to popular request on this thread so I'll give you that. Overall though, I'm a bit half and half as to how I feel about you. You've shown your easy to mold to change and new rules(keep in mind his accidental mass was legit the day of the rule change), and you were pretty understanding then. Now I can't really comment on your actions on the US side that are in-character since, frankly I main RU, but I do get where you are coming from being aggressive in RP. When I did main US, I would be very critical of entry and other SOC groups in RP in DB's hoping they'd get the message of my loud "speeches". So I can see where some people might find you toxic for in-game RP.

With that being said, you were really calm and collected when I have talked with you and I have had no negative altercations with you. I don't doubt your experience I think you really could be a good staff member, though with the way some of the community looks at you I think waiting could do some good.

I wont put a conclusive -1 nor +1 as I support your experience and time you can devote to the server but it seems part of the community feels your a bit "toxic" of sorts. With that being said, if this gets denied I highly encourage you to make another application in the stated time Jackal says and attempt to fix your image to those that see you as toxic. 

• Informative 2