DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Staff Handling Situation Terribly!

Who are you Reporting? [Administrator/Player] Administrator (Moderator)

Your Name: GenerationX6

Your SteamID: STEAM_1:1:47910462

Name of Reportee: Oatlife

SteamID of Reportee: STEAM_1:0:155811266

What Happened?: I was a Police Chief, and he was a job that had weapons. (Hitman? I don't remember) I saw him pull out a glock and re holster it, so I started telling him that it is AOS (mayor law) and he runs away. He pulls out a sniper rifle, so I shoot him. (I shot first) I find a window to warrant him, and so as he is yelling that it was RDM, he gets arrested. A little while later, he handles his OWN sit, with two other staff on the server at the time. It was extremely biased, and I ended up getting warned by him in a sit that involved me and him. Post-Sit, (this is where the fun starts) I say the sit was garbage, and he starts going on a huge rant and insulting me and then going on to say I insulted him (the part where I said the sit was garbage is arguable, but I was not saying Oatlife himself was.), saying that I only have 8 hours on the server (implying i have no credibility) and he has logs to prove he was correct. (though while I disagree, with whatever the logs say, he was handling this TERRIBLY.) I argue that even if he was right, he still broke many rules in the process of this, including rules:
11. Keep a mature attitude at all times

1. Be respectful to all community members

2. Serve as a role model for other players

9. Do not be biased towards players

Proof or Evidence: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/148360550458458112/456332158567579658/a9dafab32bfd8666188f95007695b80c.png

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/da68966ecadcdc8438b74fcdea14aa79-png.jpg

Oatlife and Succ Succ were the only ones online when I left my computer with the game up. Succ succ was also afk. So that being said Oatlife is allowed to take his own sit seeing how no one else was on. in terms of evidence for your warn we will wait and see.

@Oatlife

15 minutes ago, SheepDog said:

Oatlife and Succ Succ were the only ones online when I left my computer with the game up. Succ succ was also afk. So that being said Oatlife is allowed to take his own sit seeing how no one else was on. in terms of evidence for your warn we will wait and see.

@Oatlife

Fair enough, I know I can't do anything about the warn because I don't have too much evidence, however, he still handled the situation extremely immaturely, especially when he tried to downplay my credibility based on my playtime, which isn't even too bad, it shows that I put some effort into playing the game.

Edited by GenerationX6
  • Like 1

So first off as captain (or sheepdog) said, my sit was up for about 5 minutes, seeing as none of the other 2 were taking sits I took it. I told you what you did wrong but you kept arguing shooting me is not ATT RDM. You then told me how logs are invalid and don't prove anything. You even admitted to shooting me first, as a CP your job is to arrest me, not gun me down. I feel I wasn't disrespectful considering this was the third time I was dealing with you. Anyways here are some photo's of the logs:

Him ATT RDMing me: https://gyazo.com/2170b354ac5aba7e7ccff70ccb7f3291

Police logs (a bit messy): https://gyazo.com/82de1bdbfedd3996e266cad8c8524d95

I brought up your playtime because playtime does reference knowledge of the game(mode). I know most people haven't looked at the rules this early in their playtime (I know I didn't)

• Like 1

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you there. I never said (in this forum) that I was appealing the warn. Had I wanted to appeal the warn, I would have made an warn appeal thread. My 8 hour playtime on the SERVER does not reference my knowledge of DarkRP. I've had GMod since around 2011 and have almost 2000 hours on it by now. I know to read the rules the first time I join, especially to see if my base is allowed. Also, it seems that the first screenshot won't open, so I will try reposting it once more. https://gyazo.com/72dd8eb4bb49b79aed1a7ceede92b193 In the screenshot(s), you were getting extremely emotional about this and that's why I felt that you handled it horribly.

Edited by GenerationX6

I don't believe Oatlife should be punished here as in the screenshot in itself you posted, you did antagonize. Should Oatlife be a little calmer? Yeah, but you shouldn't sit there and say things like: "lmao garbage" and sit there and antagonize staff who are trying to deal with sits. Staff is allowed to take their own sits if other staff are not on the server/not available (meaning if they're AFK or preoccupied with other things). Respect is a two-way street, you have to give respect in order to receive it. However, staff should be more professional, but so should players as I believe everyone should be held to that standard for a good environment. That's not to say staff or players should stoop to a lower level because either party starts to disrespect, but at the same time when you antagonize staff with petty arguments and things alike, these are results you get. We're human, we're not robots, we don't do everything perfectly. In fact, you're obligated to show that same respect back to players in the community listed in the server rules.

I also see no bias other than him taking his own sit, which is allowed as stated above under certain conditions. Oatlife's evidence does show you attempting to RDM him as I see no damage logs from him in the screenshot towards you. So unless if you can prove the bias (other than him taking his own sit)/and or other staff were not busy I see no issues here and that both players were being disrespectful of each other, though indirectly.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

you did antagonize

you shouldn't sit there and say things like: "lmao garbage"

Respect is a two-way street, you have to give respect in order to receive it.

5 hours ago, Oatlife said:

So first off as captain (or sheepdog) said, my sit was up for about 5 minutes, seeing as none of the other 2 were taking sits I took it. I told you what you did wrong but you kept arguing shooting me is not ATT RDM. You then told me how logs are invalid and don't prove anything. You even admitted to shooting me first, as a CP your job is to arrest me, not gun me down. I feel I wasn't disrespectful considering this was the third time I was dealing with you. Anyways here are some photo's of the logs:

Him ATT RDMing me: https://gyazo.com/2170b354ac5aba7e7ccff70ccb7f3291

Police logs (a bit messy): https://gyazo.com/82de1bdbfedd3996e266cad8c8524d95

I brought up your playtime because playtime does reference knowledge of the game(mode). I know most people haven't looked at the rules this early in their playtime (I know I didn't)

It can reference knowledge but you shouldn’t depend on that not use it against someone. It’s an unfair way to judge someone.

You were not doing what a staff member should be doing, you got really defensive and put very sarcastic remarks as a response when he was trying to have a civil conversation with you.

If you made the report on him for RDM you must show the evidence or recording of you not bringing out a weapon to prove your point. If you have none then you shouldn’t punish him. If there was other active staff not taking the sit and telling you to take it then refuse, just because another staff member tells you to break staff rules doesn’t mean you do it. Hence speaking they aren’t doing their job either as a staff member.

If the reportee has no evidence to prove the defendant was guilty then the case should be closed and reopened once you actually gain pure evidence of the situation.

+1

• Like 1
1 minute ago, .lua said:

It can reference knowledge but you shouldn’t depend on that not use it against someone. It’s an unfair way to judge someone.

You were not doing what a staff member should be doing, you got really defensive and put very sarcastic remarks as a response when he was trying to have a civil conversation with you.

If you made the report on him for RDM you must show the evidence or recording of you not bringing out a weapon to prove your point. If you have none then you shouldn’t punish him. If there was other active staff not taking the sit and telling you to take it then refuse, just because another staff member tells you to break staff rules doesn’t mean you do it. Hence speaking they aren’t doing their job either as a staff member.

If the reportee has no evidence to prove the defendant was guilty then the case should be closed and reopened once you actually gain pure evidence of the situation.

+1

A staff member taking their own sit while other staff members are occupied is not against the rules. The logs show clearly that Oatlife did not bring any harm to the said player he reported. Not to mention, the cop still couldn't kill him even if he was shooting at him because he did not take any damage. Once the police officer takes damage from him, then he can kill him, otherwise, it is considered RDM as stated in the server rules of DarkRP and even said by many staff members that just because someone is shooting at you, you cannot shoot back until damage is taken. To clarify before I get any smartass remarks, you may kill someone if they are mugging you as that's an RP reason to kill them, or same with if someone is raiding you. (Generation even submits to this if you've read this report, this isn't an appeal for the situation, he's well aware the warning was fair but feels Oatlife was acting the wrong way.)

Both sides seem to be guilty of disrespect in this case, however, as I stated both players must follow the rules of respecting one another. I still stand strong with my -support for all the reasons above, and plus I don't want to set the precedent that players can punish staff for being disrespectful while they're disrespectful as well. If Generation had kept his cool as well and not start in with smartass remarks, then I'd support this. Respect has to go both ways in order for it to work.

2 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

A staff member taking their own sit while other staff members are occupied is not against the rules. The logs show clearly that Oatlife did not bring any harm to the said player he reported. Not to mention, the cop still couldn't kill him even if he was shooting at him because he did not take any damage. Once the police officer takes damage from him, then he can kill him, otherwise, it is considered RDM as stated in the server rules of DarkRP and even said by many staff members that just because someone is shooting at you, you cannot shoot back until damage is taken. To clarify before I get any smartass remarks, you may kill someone if they are mugging you as that's an RP reason to kill them, or same with if someone is raiding you. (Generation even submits to this if you've read this report, this isn't an appeal for the situation, he's well aware the warning was fair but feels Oatlife was acting the wrong way.)

Both sides seem to be guilty of disrespect in this case, however, as I stated both players must follow the rules of respecting one another. I still stand strong with my -support for all the reasons above, and plus I don't want to set the precedent that players can punish staff for being disrespectful while they're disrespectful as well. If Generation had kept his cool as well and not start in with smartass remarks, then I'd support this. Respect has to go both ways in order for it to work.

A staff member should be held to a higher standard than a regular player my man. He wasn’t which can clearly be seen.

Just now, .lua said:

A staff member should be held to a higher standard than a regular player my man. He wasn’t which can clearly be seen.

That's still no excuse for players to hold themselves to a standard as well. In fact, players are still held to a certain standard, the rule being:

On 5/21/2018 at 10:32 AM, Garnet said:

3. Do not disrespect or use racism to other members of the community when out-of-character (OOC) this includes the forums, OOC chat, and Administrator sits. Racism and disrespect via Adverts, text screens and broadcasts are also prohibited.

That quote is directly from the DarkRP server rules.

Lol Oatlife didn’t even diss you, and he mentioned 8 hours due to the fact you did only have 8 hours and Oatlife knows more about the server rules since he’s played the server longer. I don’t see any diss in the report that happened. If Oatlife went stfu kid your dumb then ya. I honestly feel like Gmod is turning into a safe space aha, if what Oatlife said made you feel like you were dissed you need to jump off the internet

20 minutes ago, .lua said:

I agree with the first part. Second one, not so much but that is not for me to decide. Because it really depends on the scope. Text is easily misunderstood for attitude.