hex_

In-game name: Hexane
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:35842791
Warns: 0
Timezone: Central (CST/CDT)
Playtime?: 325:22:36
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] IronFetus, Fetn, Kicks
Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I've been playing DarkRP for nearly ten years. Garry's Mod + CSS were the first games I bought on Steam, and I took a liking to DarkRP immediately as a fourteen year old. I have over 1,000 hours on Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, most of which earned on Syle22's RP. It was fun, but was lacking many features (it was a free game.) Garry's Mod fixed that completely, and it hooked me. I quickly took a liking to a server called East Coast Gamers, ECG for short. I was briefly moderator at the age of 15 before the server shut down due to funding issues. After this, I joined a community called Interscope Network [iN] that held servers on DarkRP, TTT, and my favorite gamemode of all time: Jailbreak (for CSS.) Jailbreak has many rules, and when broken, can ruin the gameplay experience for others. I became an administrator on Interscope at 16, until the server was sold by its owner to another group. The change in management grew weary on me, and I decided to resign.
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] Although I haven't had any experience with Garnet's servers, I have a decent amount of experience on how to handle situations that require staff attention. It's quite often that there are simply too many sits during a normal day for the current amount of staff to handle, especially if they're trying to RP themselves. This results in poor experiences for the players that just want to know why they were RDM'd or arrested. The amount of new staff that has been accepted recently is a major push towards fixing that, but I believe that my addition would only make it that much better. Due to my age, I have an extensive amount of free time on my hands that I would love to make this server better with. I've always tried to make the experience better for others, even if it means raiding them for their printers. I try to help new players frequently, inviting them to base with me, or answering simple questions in OOC. 

When I first started playing on Garnet, I wasn't the best builder or raider. I built a small shack in the underwater cave, per the rules, four fading doors. Sallad came across my hideout late that night, and instead of taking my printers (as I would now have done) he pm'd me that he found my base, but wasn't taking anything. This small, but kind gesture inspired me to keep playing, to keep making friends, to keep getting involved in the community. I wish to take that involvement one step further. As some staff decide to move on to greener pastures, and others taking LOAs, I believe I would be a great asset to the current staff team. With the massive influx of players since the summer months have started, I think adding more staff to the roster is always a good thing. I certainly have much to prove; but I'm not one to shy away from a challenge. Although DarkRP is, by definition, chaotic at times, I look forward to helping players through that.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I've been warned in the past for RDM. I believe it was a misunderstanding of the rules at the time.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Minimum 3-4 hours daily
If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I am going to be a university senior in August
Did you read the staff rules?: Hexane

Edited by hex_
  • Informative 1
4 minutes ago, SugarMyNuggets said:

+1 Honestly adding hex to the team would be great.
You've been really active from what I've seen and I havent noticed any beef between you and other members. 
Hope you get it ❤️

+19231059418.19030 - 19231059417.19030

Very nice, active and seems like a good fit for staff.

5 hours ago, zackc11 said:

+1   He likes egirls

+1 since i see your active on the forums and ingame you also help out players in need so for this reason ima +1 also put me on the referall list

Edited by Fetn
1 hour ago, DarkAlias said:

+1

Like the application and the effort put into it. 

Seen you many times in game and you seem like a good guy.

Just a quick question, will university affect your staffing in any way?

It shouldn't in any shape or form; while I am going full-time, its just twelve credit-hours. This won't be my last year and I prefer to take the courses slower for a better GPA.