Advertisement ban change

Crin {GG}

Now this may seem like an odd suggestion considering that I've been out of the community for a while now, but after some random thoughts I was thinking, why is advertising a permanent ban? Now I'm not saying that advertising other servers/communities/whatever else shouldn't be bannable, all I'm saying is maybe don't make it permanent. I think that a 6-8 week ban would be more than enough of a punishment. Feel free to prove why it should be permanent, but personally, I don't see it should be as 99% of the time it won't affect the community even slightly. Some idiot in chat saying "Go to icefuse, best server!111!" doesn't do shit all. Sorry if this is the wrong section, been a while since I've actually posted anything on here. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 1
2 minutes ago, petal-chan said:

If they have the audacity to join a server and go: 'iCeFuSe! jOiN!' Then they don't deserve to stay, they can find another community if Icefuse fucked them over.

If someone has the audacity to purposely go and kill a bunch of people (Mass RDM) shouldn't they be permabanned too then by that logic? I mean they should just go find another community than right? A 6-8 week suspension from the server is more then enough punishment for the person to rethink their actions, that is if they even come back.

Edited by Crin {GG}
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
1 minute ago, Crin {GG} said:

If someone has the audacity to purposely go and kill a bunch of people (Mass RDM) shouldn't they be permabanned too then by that logic? I mean they should just go find another community than right? A 6-8 week suspension from the server is more then enough punishment for the person to rethink their actions, that is if they even come back.

They probably massed to minge and won't come on again. A let's say icefuse person looking to actively hunt down communities will probably come back periodically to say "Join icefuse" 

It's also flat out disrespect to the server that's the victim of it. Better to get rid of them then let them come back.  

• 300 IQ 1
1 minute ago, petal-chan said:

They probably massed to minge and won't come on again. A let's say icefuse person looking to actively hunt down communities will probably come back periodically to say "Join icefuse" 

It's also flat out disrespect to the server that's the victim of it. Better to get rid of them then let them come back.  

That's not always the case though. I know in my time as manager, and just recently looking at a ban appeal, sometimes shit just happens. I know GG is very strict on it, and I think they should be, but really, a permanent ban? I know multiple times during my time in management that people have said it jokingly and still been banned for it because of how it is.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2

Don't say it jokingly. I too love to go on servers and say: Haha lmao join Garnet.

Like, that's just rude and disrespectful, considering staff work their asses off to hear: Garnet way better, join Garnet.

• 300 IQ 1
1 minute ago, Crin {GG} said:

That's not always the case though. I know in my time as manager, and just recently looking at a ban appeal, sometimes shit just happens. I know GG is very strict on it, and I think they should be, but really, a permanent ban? I know multiple times during my time in management that people have said it jokingly and still been banned for it because of how it is.

If someone intentionally is trying to advertise another server on any GG server they should be permanently banned to ensure they never do it again. If someone casually says another server's name in a conversation then that should not be considered "Advertising", and should not be a bannable offense.

As for joking, it should be treated just like how we treat DDoS "Jokes". Even just jokingly saying to join another community in the face of another is pretty disrespectful and stupid if you ask me. Personally, they should get permanently banned unless they appeal saying they meant it as a joke, and if they do then lower to a month ban.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Crin {GG} said:

Now this may seem like an odd suggestion considering that I've been out of the community for a while now, but after some random thoughts I was thinking, why is advertising a permanent ban? Now I'm not saying that advertising other servers/communities/whatever else shouldn't be bannable, all I'm saying is maybe don't make it permanent. I think that a 6-8 week ban would be more than enough of a punishment. Feel free to prove why it should be permanent, but personally, I don't see it should be as 99% of the time it won't affect the community even slightly. Some idiot in chat saying "Go to icefuse, best server!111!" doesn't do shit all. Sorry if this is the wrong section, been a while since I've actually posted anything on here. 

Should've been in shitpost 

2 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

unless they appeal saying they meant it as a joke, and if they do then lower to a month ban.

Too bad that ain't how it works haHAA

Not saying I'm trying to get this guy unbanned, frankly, I don't give a damn. Just thought that this was a bit overkill, but if you think it should stay at a permanent ban for typing/saying a few words in chat/voice then so be it. It was just a thought I had.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1