Staff Application

In-game name: Texas

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:84632102

Warns: 1

Timezone: Central

Playtime?: 315:16:59.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]  Mark Duglas and Draggydx

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I was Senior Admin on Code Zero Gaming before the server died and shut down sadly.

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I wanna help better the community by clearing out those who just constantly spam, rdm and ruin the experiences for others, I also get on a random times like 9am and 4am and there is never any admins on to help with the toxic people ruining the server for others and I believe I could help out in that ascent along with I bring 2 almost 3 years of administration experience to the table so I could help give and bring new ideas to the table to help better the server if at all possible. I love this community and everyone in it and I only plan to bring my best to the table to help keep it secure and give everyone the best experience possible by keeping the server cleared of all minge and toxic players who wish to do nothing but ruin everyone's day.

Another way I can help benefit is I used to be co-owner of a server community called Impulse Networks before we ultimately went down. We went down the drain because I couldn't afford to keep the server box up alone, along with we weren't getting the donations we used to that helped me do it and sadly my part-time job wasn't enough, so me and the owner both decided to shut it down until we both had more time and money to dedicate, so with that experience, it has taught how to better manage and help communities grow and stay afloat. So to tie all this up I bring admin experiences and little ownership experiences to the table to help best benefit this community that I love and thank you for your time. I also believe that the more we help people the more they will want to invite people to the server and we can learn a lot helping others that better helps improve ourself's I love helping people in what ever way I can and i believe this will be the best what to better help others as well as the server and give back to those who have helped me.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: Yes, I was given a one day ban for accidental mass, I went on a raid with the current GA, Mark Duglas, and his bind failed to show up in chat and my grenade blew up before we could fix it. Lesson learned was never start the raid before its called just because you think it will be in time.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes, June 27

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: A minimum of 3-5 hours but can be more depending on work and a college.

Edited by TheTexasBoys

Just looked at your old staff application and you copied and pasted everything from it. I’m not saying it is against the rules to copy your own staff app. I’m just pointing it out. The only problem you had with your last staff app is that you did not know the community that well. I have been on LOA for a week so I’m gonna stay neutral on this since I have been off the server and have not been able to see if you have been interacting with the community and getting to know it better.

If anybody wants to look at his old staff app here it is

To be fair I tried to find a way to rewrite and honestly, everything i wrote just never sounded right or better it was always worse so, i do admit to coping cause i couldn't figure out a better way to say it. but thank you for the input.

Edited by TheTexasBoys
  • Like 1

The issue wasn't with his app. It was about his activity and how well he is known.

3 hours ago, TheTexasBoys said:

To be far i tried to find a way to rewrite and honestly, everything i wrote just never sounded right or better it was always worse so, i do admit to coping cause i couldn't figure out a better way to say it. but thank you for the input.

There is nothing wrong with that. Imagine rewriting your resume anytime you applied for a job. There's no way to uniquely describe yourself and what you've done multiple times. It's a +1 from me.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AwesomeAidan said:

Just looked at your old staff application and you copied and pasted everything from it. I’m not saying it is against the rules to copy your own staff app. I’m just pointing it out. The only problem you had with your last staff app is that you did not know the community that well. I have been on LOA for a week so I’m gonna stay neutral on this

Thank you for sharing the similarities in his previous and current staff applications, but I don't feel it necessary to write a response explaining how or why you're going to stay neutral. I understand I've done the same thing but it's entirely useless.

5 hours ago, RedDingo said:

Non Minge SOC Faction

Those actually exist? :thinking:

Back on track, however, and I've gotta say I +1 this application. Since Texas' last application he has reached over double his playtime. As somebody who has swapped between US and RU, this doesn't seem important but I remember having a few conversations with Texas, as well as seeing his behavior and some conflict resolution while in-game. I consistently play RU now but can definitely say that I feel able to evaluate how Texas could be an asset on the staff team. From what I've seen Texas has made an effort to integrate and communicate with all people on the server (well, not all, but he does talk to more than just US) which is a step-up from his last application nearly a month ago.

• Like 1

He has grown since the last time he put in an application like what Gotham said there nothing wrong with copying and pasting your own staff app again especially when there was nothing wrong with it. He's more well known in the community and ready to be a staff member. Also, has quality past experience. GL 

+1 and add me to referrals 

Edited by draggydx
  • Like 1

+1 from a command perspective he’s one of if not my best man in GB he’s active, he’s very good at resolving conflicts and can very quickly swap from fucking around to being dead serious. I have no problems with him and highly encourage him along any path he chooses 

• Like 1

Accepted

I am glad to see you took the time to better yourself, or more so your standing in the community by interacting with the community members, and earning their trust. Contact myself, Phantom, or Gildarts to set your rank in-game (don't use staff permissions till trained), and @Pencil to be trained. Welcome to the staff team!

• Like 1