Report on Shrugger

{GG}otham

10 minutes ago, MarkClive said:

Yeah, imma just defend gotham here, as the image was taken by me, just to meme about it with SEALs and other people about how petty and stupid he was shit talking SEALs and sushi at 3 AM.

So questioning him on being a General has nothing to do here. 

Never questioned him on his rank. Don't put words into my mouth. I merely said it doesn't look good for someone (Such as the general of faction for the server) to hold off on a report as if he was waiting for a moment to bring it up as he needed. I mean really, you wait a week to make a report about a failrp name and some dis (something trivial as fuck mind you), and push for the ban because of it? To me that just makes you look like a jackass.

10 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

If I was worried about how I "look", I wouldnt be general in the first place. I appreciate you looking out, but your words do not invalidate that this is a valid report. A point has to be proven.

Didn't say it was an invalid report. Simply made a statement that it's a rather useless and petty report. 

Edited by TheDudeAbidesV2
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
6 minutes ago, Shrugger0 said:

Refer to the above post. 

This is known mostly for new players who are not willing to Roleplay. Still, breaking multiple rules IS No Intent to RP. And it's such a thing for when people break multiple rules they are classified as " Not having intent to Roleplay" Which it is in the case for you breaking multiple rules

``````

6 minutes ago, Shrugger0 said:

. In that case, wouldn't I be able to report those with names such as MARSOC GEN(when MARSOC goes up to MajGen) or 11A GA(when Army doesn't use that rank anymore)? According to the lack of administrative action in regards to these actions as well as precedent. Names of this kind do not appear to be FailRP. Thus your point is null.

Wrong, completely wron. In our little thing called Game, i don't know if you know what it is, it's a place where people have fun and you know, don't get mad because it's a GAME.
We have things as Reserves and Active Duty. As far as i know, there are no ranks which contain FORMER. in them, as i have done it, i have put Former 11A GEN Mark. And it has been brought to me, by Ethan, the MANAGER, that it's FailRP, and not allowed. So if you want to fight a Manager on the server rules, and what can and can't be done, then go ahead, good luck.

Edited by MarkClive
  • Toxic 1

1 minute ago, {GG}otham said:

My name is accurate within the confines set by the server's accepted rank system. "Former GA" is not. But of course you know this, you're simply grasping at straws.

Again. I am going to need to see something in rules about that. The majority of your accusations are for crimes not defined in the rules.

1 minute ago, {GG}otham said:

No intent to RP means that you are not RPing, not RPing wrong. By disrespecting in OOC and failRPing with your name. You have shown no intent to roleplay appropriately.

I agree with the first sentence. My comments that were made out of RP cannot be reflected to my actions or intent in RP.

• Toxic 1

@Shrugger0 I would like to say that you have been officially blacklisted from Vega. We know you have been trying but this attitude will NOT be tolerated in my faction. If you have an issue take it up to me or one of my officers but do not come to one of our tryouts again.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Shrugger0 said:

Again. I am going to need to see something in rules about that. The majority of your accusations are for crimes not defined in the rules.

I agree with the first sentence. My comments that were made out of RP cannot be reflected to my actions or intent in RP.

Breaking up to three rules (or a rule three times) counts as No Intent to Roleplay. It is a general rule.

And your name must follow a similar format as to everybody else's name. It doesn't specifically need stated in the rules as that would honestly fall under common sense. If you'd like to show people that you're a former General, then place it in a job title, otherwise go back to your proper MOS, rank, and name. Regardless, your name must follow the class that you are playing on at that time (US MOS and ranks for US elite, their respective classes, same for RU), and that is also something that would fall under common sense - these things don't need explained nor do they need to be specifically stated in a page of rules. It's pretty obvious on why you can't have your name as Former 11A [etc], you do not actively carry that rank and you don't have an officer rank in reserves - and nobody else was able to do that either for the same reason. Hell, the only thing that's keeping you from getting directly in trouble would be the former because without it you'd be self-promoting yourself. And your argument could be compared to somebody arguing that VDM isn't considered RDM or against the rules because it isn't specifically stated in the rules; that type of loophole isn't accepted and the proper answer would again be under common sense.

Regardless of the intent of Gotham and the reason he's reporting this now, it is something that has happened that he wants awareness on. This thread isn't about why Gotham has made the report in his interest, but what Shrugger did and why he should be punished.

And it seems that this is all being dealt with already behind-the-scenes with all of the appropriate parties, so honestly a thread like this isn't something that's very necessary or useful, but already too late for that now.

Edited by Fier
Grammar
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Shrugger0 said:

That's what you call loopholing. You know it is against the rules, but you're looking for a rule that goes DIRECTLY against your "rp name". 

• 300 IQ 1

I've already addressed this with Shrugger in a PM. 

To Shrugger: NITRP has been a thing and although not necessarily in the server rules, it is definately in the staff rules. Also, you do know about it, so using the "nOt In ThE rUlEs" excuse isn't going to work here. Also, using "Former GA" in your name is not allowed. I've been lenient to others who have done thigns like that in the past, but it still should not be a thing.

I've already told Shrugger he has until midnight tomorrow to submit a public apology on the forums to Sushi and anyone else he may have attacked in OOC in a disrespectful manner, or he will receive a 1 month ban in game and on the forums.

Locking for now.

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1