[MRP] Donator Weapons (ARs and SMGs)

Ethan

Description: With the change to nearly all faction class weapons, the donator weapons seem to significantly outshine the default weapons now as they were not changed as well. I think the donator SMGs and ARs should be brought down a bit, mainly in damage, to fit closer to the default weapons like the donators used to before the weapon balance changes. The AEK should do 30-35 damage (instead of 45). The Sterling, FMG-9, and MP5A4 should all do 20-25 damage (instead of 30).

Reasoning: Previously (before the weapon balances), the AEK, Sterling, FMG-9, and MP5A4 were all pretty close to their default class counterparts, but now that the default weapons were nerfed, the donator versions reign supreme with ease. I preferred it before where the donators had a small edge, or simply gave you the ability to use that type of weapon on a class that was lacking it (making you a more versatile soldier).

Additional Information: Examples include faction ARs went from around 42 damage to 30 damage while the AEK (one of the only donator ARs) still does 45 damage. Another example would be faction SMGs (SSO, Frogmen, SEALs) went from their damage of around 30 to 19-20 damage, while donator SMGs like the Sterling, FMG-9, and MP5A4 all still do 30 damage.

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1

I agree with donator FMG changes, but I don't think damage is the issue with the ARs.
Not sure about the RU AK, but right now the US AR is pretty useless. The issue isnt damage related, it's because max aim spread is 90% and it hits 90% in 2 shots. I assume the Russian AK has the same issue.

I agree with the majority of this post but want to add a few things... I am also new here!!

Donator Weapons: The AEK is most definitely overpowered however people pay money for the gun. Also the US AR is very bad. Have we considered just barely increasing the stats of the US AR to  make it viable without taking away from the AEK? I do think that donator weapons should have a decent advantage, since you are paying for them.     

Faction Weapons:  I agree with the statement about the factions. A main part of playing a role is to get a certain weapon whether it be a M60 or M14-EBR. If the weapons are the same or worse than stock weapons there will be no point in playing the roles. Maybe buff the damage a little bit (like the donators) to give them a little edge but nothing that a little skill can't beat.

Again! I'm new here and I would love feedback. Also let me know if I am misrepresenting any information! Thanks

Yoda

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Friendly 1
On 8/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, Ethan said:

Description: With the change to nearly all faction class weapons, the donator weapons seem to significantly outshine the default weapons now as they were not changed as well. I think the donator SMGs and ARs should be brought down a bit, mainly in damage, to fit closer to the default weapons like the donators used to before the weapon balance changes. The AEK should do 30-35 damage (instead of 45). The Sterling, FMG-9, and MP5A4 should all do 20-25 damage (instead of 30).

I agree with the AEK a little bit. I feel like it should only do around 40 base instead of 45-47 but I disagree with SMGs. I think the SMGs are fine where they are because they are cqc weapons ment to fire faster but with lower damage. Instead of nerfing SMG damage I feel you should buff base and SOC faction ARs to 40 instead of the current US base guns only dealing 30. If you brought all SMGs down to 25 it would be as bad as the current mp5a5 and no one would use them. 

Edited by Gamma
2 hours ago, Gamma said:

I agree with the AEK a little bit. I feel like it should only do around 40 base instead of 45-47 but I disagree with SMGs. I think the SMGs are fine where they are because they are cqc weapons ment to fire faster but with lower damage. Instead of nerfing SMG damage I feel you should buff base and SOC faction ARs to 40 instead of the current US base guns only dealing 30. If you brought all SMGs down to 25 it would be as bad as the current mp5a5 and no one would use them. 

I was purely making this suggestion to make the donator weapons fit the weapons balance change that Garnet put through. You seem to have an issue with Garnet's weapon balance, not my suggestion to make the weapons consistent.

• Informative 1

I was about to make this post like 2 weeks ago, but never got around to finding all the data, but what I personally would have suggested was (btw there is no rule against making this suggestion) more donor weapons. I personally say that the FAMAS and Honey Badger should be a few as well as maybe a P90 and possibly even a modified M249, since the only rifles in the shop are the AEK doing 45 damage, and the M14 with more recoil than anything else in the game, not to mention it makes your ears bleed. Now I think the AEK should maybe be lowered a bit in damage (like 38-41), but not too much, remember if you pay for a donor, you pay for the advantage. Sadly since few weapons can match it, I again must say, more donor weapons should be added so its not an AEK arena every war.

• Dumb/Shitpost 3
7 hours ago, Captainswag said:

I was about to make this post like 2 weeks ago, but never got around to finding all the data, but what I personally would have suggested was (btw there is no rule against making this suggestion) more donor weapons. I personally say that the FAMAS and Honey Badger should be a few as well as maybe a P90 and possibly even a modified M249, since the only rifles in the shop are the AEK doing 45 damage, and the M14 with more recoil than anything else in the game, not to mention it makes your ears bleed. Now I think the AEK should maybe be lowered a bit in damage (like 38-41), but not too much, remember if you pay for a donor, you pay for the advantage. Sadly since few weapons can match it, I again must say, more donor weapons should be added so its not an AEK arena every war.

I don't feel like the AEK is the best gun around. I personally use a suppressed sterling and I do great in wars. Just because you have an AEK does not make you a God among men it just gives you the chance to deal more damage. Should it be nerfed, yes I think it should. The US base weapons don't even do close to 40 damage so AEK should not be dealing 10-15 more damage than them and it's almost dead accurate even when you hipfire at medium range god should I say close range. But as I said before it's not a top tier gun. Only the player using it can do that as I stated with my sterling. 

Honestly I do think we should implement the new weapons (MSBS, FAMAS, Honey Badger) onto the server in some form, and at this point just add the P90 as a donation option. It's not that great but with some edits (to be like other SMGs), it would be cool to have in use.

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 4
  • Winner 1
9 hours ago, Phantom said:

Honestly I do think we should implement the new weapons (MSBS, FAMAS, Honey Badger) onto the server in some form, and at this point just add the P90 as a donation option. It's not that great but with some edits (to be like other SMGs), it would be cool to have in use.

Thank you, I tried saying this yesterday and how the AEK should be brought down to about 40 damage for balance, but still be powerful (because you pay for an advantage), but you could also add these guns in for more variety. I have every donor gun except MP5A5 and can say that the only viable donor guns in combat are Sterling, AEK, M60, and the Mosin unless you are using a class like prestige. So these are the only guns that I really see used unless someone doesn't have donors.

• Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • The Garnut
On 8/18/2019 at 5:23 PM, Ethan said:

I was purely making this suggestion to make the donator weapons fit the weapons balance change that Garnet put through. You seem to have an issue with Garnet's weapon balance, not my suggestion to make the weapons consistent.

I completely forgot to adjust donator weapons, thank you for the reminder!

Accepted

• Like 1