Only English (language) Rule

JackJJ

SugarMyNuggets Lat and I just experienced a sit with a french speaking person, and it went horribly, basically nothing happened. All I'm suggesting is that we have a rule where you have to be able to speak at least some english, just to help out the staff team. I know many other DarkRP servers have a rule like this which is why I think it would be preferable if ours had a rule similar to theirs.

What DarkRP staff member was able to become a staff if he didn't know any English? Their application had to have been done in English otherwise they wouldn't have been accepted. Unless they Google translated their entire application, but there's no way whoever accepted them didn't see through that. Do you have a name of the staff member? 

3 minutes ago, CodyDrax said:

What DarkRP staff member was able to become a staff if he didn't know any English? Their application had to have been done in English otherwise they wouldn't have been accepted. Unless they Google translated their entire application, but there's no way whoever accepted them didn't see through that. Do you have a name of the staff member? 

Bud. The French guy wasn’t staff sugarmynuggets was. 

Edit: also if he was staff, did wouldnt have applied. He would most likely buy it. 

Edited by Ting
2 minutes ago, Ting said:

Bud. The French guy wasn’t staff sugarmynuggets was. 

Edit: also if he was staff, did wouldnt have applied. He would most likely buy it. 

The OP said him, sugarmynuggets, and Lat said they were in a sit with a French speaking person, and then said it went horribly, then said that the staff team should have a rule about being mainly English speaking. Deductive reasoning points to someone else being the staff not them. 

But that's true. I did forget that some could just buy VIP and skip the process entirely, which is probably what happened and since it's a donator thing, I doubt a rule is ever going to be placed onto that. It would have to go through Garnet at that point. 

11 minutes ago, CodyDrax said:

The OP said him, sugarmynuggets, and Lat said they were in a sit with a French speaking person, and then said it went horribly, then said that the staff team should have a rule about being mainly English speaking. Deductive reasoning points to someone else being the staff not them. 

But that's true. I did forget that some could just buy VIP and skip the process entirely, which is probably what happened and since it's a donator thing, I doubt a rule is ever going to be placed onto that. It would have to go through Garnet at that point. 

I’m pretty sure he meant that if you want to play on this server, you need to know English to help the staff team deal with this differently. Although I could be mistaken.

Edited by Ting
4 hours ago, Ting said:

I’m pretty sure he meant that if you want to play on this server, you need to know English to help the staff team deal with this differently. Although I could be mistaken.

Yes, that is what I meant. And it was the person who made the report that didn’t speak English, not one of the staff members.

• Like 1

This type of rule isn't necessary. Kinda just seems like common sense; you shouldn't be on a server where you can't understand anything of what people are saying, especially staff - no need for a rule to do that instead. Maybe English only in OOC but even then that just seems like a stretch to me.