new rules about false warrants

Guest proggy

Guest proggy

Here's the only rules regarding false warrants in the motd:

• You may not use third person perspective to gain information that isn't normally available in first person, (i.e. abusing third person to view raidables through walls.)
  • You may not randomly want or warrant.
  • All Civil Protection requesting a warrant could be held liable for a false warrant if proof is not shown when asked. 

I think police that are continuously assisting false warrant raids should get punishment as well as the officer that issues the warrants. We have a problem of shitty cops coming on and one of them has 20 alts (sometimes aimbotting and propblocking the defenses of a base) and they are the only one issuing warrants. Currently we can only ban the person issuing the false warrants, and not the cops that are assisting them.

Here's some suggestions that might help resolve this:

Make each kill gathered by an officer during a false warrant raid 1xRDM.

or

• Make a new warn/jail reason: Assisting False Warrant and new ban reason: Assisting Mass False Warrants. The lengths could match RDA (jail 4-6) and Mass False Warrants (ban 2 weeks).

Block the ability for cops/spartans/swat to spawn props, only the mayor and warden should be able to build anyways. Allow police chief to have a text screen, but no props. The only reason an officer/spartan/swat would build is failrp (basing/hiding printers, propblocking during raids, propclimbing to see printers, building defenses in pd)

• Maybe implement a system where a vipmod+ has to accept the evidence for the warrant if there's no mayor, along with a new rule that states: if a mayor approves false warrants, they get equal punishment as the officer(s).

What are your thoughts?

By the way,  how they act in sits always makes me feel like they're salty ex-staff lmao.

28 minutes ago, proggy said:

Maybe implement a system where a vipmod+ has to accept the evidence for the warrant if there's no mayor, along with a new rule that states: if a mayor approves false warrants, they get equal punishment as the officer(s).

That seems lit. +1

30 minutes ago, proggy said:

+1. 

Block the ability for cops/spartans/swat to spawn props

It doesn't really matter, but it would be nice. +1.

Make a new warn/jail reason: Assisting False Warrant and new ban reason: Assisting Mass False Warrants. The lengths could match RDA (jail 4-6) and Mass False Warrants (ban 2 weeks).

+.5, They should all just be False Warrant, not Assisting False warrant or Assisting Mass False Warrant imo.

• The police system is fine as it is, in a typical real-life situation, a police officer should not second guess his comrades as to what evidence or grounds they have to search, if they are called upon for assistance, who are they to argue? Don't forget that this is SUPPOSED TO BE a role-play based gamemode, in case you needed a reminder.

• Secondly, making kills during warrants RDM is just stupid. Oftentimes the base owner will shoot the policemen first, which would ignite their right to self-defense.

• Thirdly, that whole VIP/Staff approval thing is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Staff and VIPs are sometimes more corrupt and/or abusive than the police themselves. For example, you were basing last night with your VIP friends, one of them became THE MAYOR and was actively shooting and defending your base with their VIP weapons, you as a staff member, ignored it blatantly as the mayor gunned down half of his own police force and several other players without reason, as well as all of you INCLUDING YOU AS A STAFF MEMBER, breaking NLR repeatedly.

• Finally, the restriction of an officer's ability to spawn props would be tedious to implement, let alone useless and a waste of time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. -1

Garnet is not feeling well and does not need this unneccessary nonsense in his life.

Edited by Ryder
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Informative 1
8 hours ago, proggy said:

Here's the only rules regarding false warrants in the motd:

• You may not use third person perspective to gain information that isn't normally available in first person, (i.e. abusing third person to view raidables through walls.)
  • You may not randomly want or warrant.
  • All Civil Protection requesting a warrant could be held liable for a false warrant if proof is not shown when asked. 

I think police that are continuously assisting false warrant raids should get punishment as well as the officer that issues the warrants. We have a problem of shitty cops coming on and one of them has 20 alts (sometimes aimbotting and propblocking the defenses of a base) and they are the only one issuing warrants. Currently we can only ban the person issuing the false warrants, and not the cops that are assisting them.

Here's some suggestions that might help resolve this:

or

• Make a new warn/jail reason: Assisting False Warrant and new ban reason: Assisting Mass False Warrants. The lengths could match RDA (jail 4-6) and Mass False Warrants (ban 2 weeks).

Block the ability for cops/spartans/swat to spawn props, only the mayor and warden should be able to build anyways. Allow police chief to have a text screen, but no props. The only reason an officer/spartan/swat would build is failrp (basing/hiding printers, propblocking during raids, propclimbing to see printers, building defenses in pd)

• Maybe implement a system where a vipmod+ has to accept the evidence for the warrant if there's no mayor, along with a new rule that states: if a mayor approves false warrants, they get equal punishment as the officer(s).

What are your thoughts?

By the way,  how they act in sits always makes me feel like they're salty ex-staff lmao.

ive just always warned anyone who assists in a false warrant for FailRP

+1 to all but this one

8 hours ago, proggy said:

because if the only staff member online is the one being PD raided then he/she could deny it or warn people inside the base in advance or even kill that cop just so they cant use that evidence

Guest proggy
1 hour ago, Ryder said:

• Thirdly, that whole VIP/Staff approval thing is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Staff and VIPs are sometimes more corrupt and/or abusive than the police themselves. For example, you were basing last night with your VIP friends, one of them became THE MAYOR and was actively shooting and defending your base with their VIP weapons, you as a staff member, ignored it blatantly as the mayor gunned down half of his own police force and several other players without reason, as well as all of you INCLUDING YOU AS A STAFF MEMBER, breaking NLR repeatedly.

I was playing csgo during any of that mayor stuff. And I never died to these cops or NLR'd. But if theres a cop thats continuously getting on alts after they are banned and warranting the same base with his friends, having a mayor on to approve/deny warrants is the ONLY course of action to PREVENT it from happening in the first place.

Also dont say if its not broke dont fix it about this. Its clearly broken. If cops can repeatedly come false warrant the same base over and over with only one person getting in trouble, thats broken.

I look forward to seeing you being the only negative response here. Also nice to know that you were involved with all that shit last night. 

How many alts does your friend have btw? 

Guest proggy
6 hours ago, Ryder said:

• Secondly, making kills during warrants RDM is just stupid. Oftentimes the base owner will shoot the policemen first, which would ignite their right to self-defense.

I said make kills gathered from a FALSE WARRANT be considered RDM. Are you actually thinking any of this is in regards to a legitimate warrant?

Edited by proggy
2 hours ago, proggy said:

I said make kills gathered from a FALSE WARRANT be considered RDM. Are you actually thinking any of this is in regards to a legitmate warrant?

I don't want to be part of the opposition here, but you're saying if an officer follows along on a false warrant without knowing and kills 3 people who are clearly hostile to him, we should ban him for 2 weeks for mass RDM? 

This is where I disagree. 

False warrants are a touchy subject, and sometimes people do it unknowingly, some servers warrants are issued for general check ups, and new players assume it's okay, yes before you say it, they are supposed to read the rules. But honestly, 60% of the playerbase and staff team have never read them top to bottom, you are likely no exception. We all just ctrl+f and search up the rule. Don't patronize those who do wrong when you aren't right yourself.

I have been false warranted too, I understand the frustrating nature of officers swarming you like youve stepped on a hornets nest. But idrc, what's the point in basing if nobody can raid you or gives you any challenge?

-1, leave it how it is. 

Edited by Emerald
Guest proggy
2 hours ago, Emerald said:

I don't want to be part of the opposition here, but you're saying if an officer follows along on a false warrant without knowing and kills 3 people who are clearly hostile to him, we should ban him for 2 weeks for mass RDM? 

What is your point? If someone raids as a citizen without realizing the role they are playing as, and gets 3 kills, they get banned for a week for unintentional mass rdm. There are many situations like this. Police holding their homies accountable sounds like a good thing. If I were a cop and a false warrant gets issued, I'm not just going to help them; I'm going to do my due diligence and make sure its a valid warrant first before I assist. 

new players assume it's okay, yes before you say it, they are supposed to read the rules. But honestly, 60% of the playerbase and staff team have never read them top to bottom, you are likely no exception. We all just ctrl+f and search up the rule. Don't patronize those who do wrong when you aren't right yourself.

There is no excuse for any player/police/staff to not know all the rules, especially before doing something as destructive as a false warrant. It's not like you join the server for the first time and can immediately become a cop and start warranting. It takes a bit (especially for someone truly new to the server) to get the levels needed to become a cop, so there is plenty of time to read the rules. It's the first thing that pops up when you join the server ffs.

Where are these assumptions on my knowledge of the rules coming from? I haven't been warned in months and I've never been appealed on the forums so that's a pretty baseless claim my dude.

I have been false warranted too, I understand the frustrating nature of officers swarming you like youve stepped on a hornets nest. But idrc, what's the point in basing if nobody can raid you or gives you any challenge?

So since my bases never get raided legitimately, you encourage mass false warrants perpetrated by aimbotting, propblocking, mass nlring, ban evading cops. That's a hot take. lmao

Edited by proggy
41 minutes ago, proggy said:

Where are these assumptions on my knowledge of the rules coming from? I haven't been warned in months and I've never been appealed on the forums so that's a pretty baseless claim my dude.

So since my bases never get raided legitimately, you encourage mass false warrants perpetrated by aimbotting, propblocking, mass nlring, ban evading cops. That's a hot take. lmao

You really are ignorant, aren't you?

Nobody has been demoted based on a report for many months. There is no disciplinary action that is ever taken besides a slap on the wrist from forum reports. Most the players including myself have given up on reporting corrupt staff because of this reason. Bring back the strike system and see how long your corrupt group of vipmods will last.

• Toxic 1
7 hours ago, Ryder said:

• The police system is fine as it is, in a typical real-life situation, a police officer should not second guess his comrades as to what evidence or grounds they have to search, if they are called upon for assistance, who are they to argue? Don't forget that this is SUPPOSED TO BE a role-play based gamemode, in case you needed a reminder.

• Finally, the restriction of an officer's ability to spawn props would be tedious to implement, let alone useless and a waste of time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. -1

Garnet is not feeling well and does not need this unneccessary nonsense in his life.

What??? It's obviously broken since the fact that mass false warranter's are getting their friends on alts to break the rules for them so they don't get punished. that's obviously a loophole and should be fixed soon, I don't see a reason on why not and I also don't see a reason for you bringing up other people supposedly breaking rules, it seems unnecessary and overall toxic. (which most people know, is extremely common for you from basically all the post you've made).

Your other statement stating kills during warrants shouldn't be RDM makes sense, but then you stated an example where it wouldn't be RDM ? 

I don't see a reason to not punish people who assist mass false warranters, if they made the mistake once or twice I can understand and they might not be punished as harsh. Though if it turns into mass the other assisting officers should be punished accordingly. In real life scenarios if you noticed an officer stating false warrants multiple times, most other cops wouldn't assist that officer.

The restriction of the police to spawn props is needed because of recent events of mass false warranters and rule breakers spawning props to warrant people easier, I've even got screenshots of many officers doing it. It's not a waste of time nor is it useless, letting the cops spawn props and ignoring the fact that they have the ability to do that is just dumb.

Overall this problem has been around FOR WAY TOO LONG, it's happened to me like 2 years ago when they use ADV Dupe 2 to false warrant me with ease. Obviously getting their friend on an alt to do it for them so they avoid the punishment. I believe adding these rules would do more good for the server than harm and I don't see any other major reasons on why these rules shouldn't be added.

16 hours ago, proggy said:

Exactly, they know exactly how to make loopholes in the rules and what to do to get others in trouble and/or do more harm to the server for as long as possible.
They're all so toxic and act the same exact way, once caught they do EVERYTHING imaginable to get away such as changing names rapidly, changing jobs rapidly, stealing staff members names or basically anything they can to make the staff member mess up.  (which seems like their intent sometimes as well)

Guest proggy
4 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Nobody has been demoted based on a report for many months. There is no disciplinary action that is ever taken besides a slap on the wrist from forum reports. Most the players including myself have given up on reporting corrupt staff because of this reason. Bring back the strike system and see how long your corrupt group of vipmods will last.

I can name a few that got demoted even recently because of forum reports. If you think they are pointless that is your problem. Only takes a minute to report a staff on the forums. If you got some dirt on other staff and/or me, go ahead and post it up bud; I'll be waiting to see it.

I'm just out here trying to help the server out and you've clearly just got personal issues with staff. You aren't engaging with the problem, not coming up with any solutions, and just talking trash, so maybe this section of the forums isn't for you. 

23 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Nobody has been demoted in many months for a report? Not sure what ya mean, but alright lmao. Also i'd keep it on topic friend. No need to start this petty bullshit on a suggestion thread. If you truly wanna say something with your point then actually say it with some conviction elsewhere rather than a half ass pass at someone here. Just makes ya look like an ass from my viewpoint. 

As for the actual suggestion -

1. I usually add an rdm warn to the failrp for the ones who started the warrant. They instigated so they get dealt with as such. As for other cops many times just follow pack mentality and try to assist without realizing that it's a false warrant so they don't get included. 

2. If it's easily implementable I see no issue with some classes being unable to spawn props. As you said only the mayor and warden have any reason to do so.

3. Nah to the staff. I feel that one just too tedious and creates too many issues on either end. 

• Like 2