Wifi Issues

Cameron

So, I moved to college and instead of gaming on ethernet I now have to game on Wifi.

The first two weeks was good, I got like 130+ Mbs down and about 40-50 Mbs up

Now I cant game online without getting lag stutters every 30 seconds. My xbox plays online fine and my phone doesnt have issues. Also I cant restart my modem due to the fact its inaccessible. Ive tried going to Command Prompt and doing all the DNS flushing and shit but it still doesnt work. If anyone knows what an issue may be hmu cause a homie tryna playing to PC.

Thanks!

How many people are connecting to the WiFi at once? Do you notice certain times of day are worse than others. Are there other people plugged into the modem with an Ethernet cable?

Failing that, you could download a program called Netlimiter 4. It has a 30 day free trial. It will show you how much up/down you use on your computer alone. 

Depending on how technical you are, there are other things you could do as well. Let me know if you have any additional information.

3 minutes ago, Praetor_Don said:

How many people are connecting to the WiFi at once? Do you notice certain times of day are worse than others. Are there other people plugged into the modem with an Ethernet cable?

Failing that, you could download a program called Netlimiter 4. It has a 30 day free trial. It will show you how much up/down you use on your computer alone. 

Depending on how technical you are, there are other things you could do as well. Let me know if you have any additional information.

I disabled my firewall and that solved the issue, not sure how to enable my firewall and have a sturdy connection. Im pretty sure its my PC drivers fucking up though cause when I game on my xbox its a solid 15-30 ping

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

I disabled my firewall and that solved the issue, not sure how to enable my firewall and have a sturdy connection. Im pretty sure its my PC drivers fucking up though cause when I game on my xbox its a solid 15-30 ping

What are you using as a firewall?

Archived