Shrugger RDM - Warn Appeal

Shrugger

In-Game Name: Shrugger/Charybdis

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:33846304

When did the punishment occur?: 4:55 PM PST | 6/26/2018

Warn/Ban Reason: The Navy SEALs have claimed the KH and set it on KOS(Kill On Sight). The individual who I killed dipped into the KH giving me time to injure him but not kill him. My second stab, outside of Killhouse, did happen to kill him. Throughout both stabs I had and maintained sight on the offender. I was reported to RDM and Lua took the sit. He told me that KOS is invalid once the individual left Killhouse and warned me for RDM.

Who was involved?: Lua

Why should your appeal be accepted?:  My appeal should be accepted because the advert never claims that the KOS ends once the individual leaves the Killhouse nor do the rules state that the KOS status disappears once the individual leaves. In fact the rules state that I am allowed to kill them should they intrude on the claim(which the individual did). The ruling Lua made is not reflected in the rules and therefore is invalid for a RDM warn reason.

Proof (Screenshots/Recordings):

From Rules

4ea4ea1a69dc24169ce26ed8b6c3d900.png

Keep in mind, the rule says you may KOS the claimed area. Outside of KH is not claimed, and therefore not KOS'd. Lua handled it to the best of his ability and has valid reasoning, but I also understand your perspective. Assuming it was right outside KH, I wouldn't cal it RDM, but this does not allow you being able to hunt someone well beyond the range of KH (or any claimed area for that matter) just for the sake of killing them.

Just now, Shrugger said:

He was the one who reported me. I believe the burden of proof is on him. 

Not really what does he have to prove that he was not in KH. Literally, any screenshot can prove that. By providing a Screenshot inside the KOS area it proves that you were in fact in the right.

Just now, Vibe said:

Not really what does he have to prove that he was not in KH. Literally, any screenshot can prove that. By providing a Screenshot inside the KOS area it proves that you were in fact in the right.

The screenshot where hes dead outside of KH is the one that would be relevant to this scenario. However I am not arguing that he was in or not KH. What I am arguing is that it is never explicitly defined that the status of KOS would leave the offender if he were to leave the KOS'd area. 

Just now, Shrugger said:

The screenshot where hes dead outside of KH is the one that would be relevant to this scenario. However I am not arguing that he was in or not KH. What I am arguing is that it is never explicitly defined that the status of KOS would leave the offender if he were to leave the KOS'd area. 

The rule does state only the zone claimed and not out of it. You shouldn't hunt them down just to kill them. Screenshot by lua isn't necessary here since you have already admitted to following him out. As I said, if it is within a step or two out of the zone after they stepped within the KOS zone and you have already attempted to KOS them, it's fine. Anything beyond that is plain RDM.

Just now, Shrugger said:

So by your logic, I can claim DB and if I see you enter it and then, later on, I can just kill you cause your pinky toe entered the zone. This makes no fucking sense. Its a single warn that goes away in a week that fact that you are attempting so hard to get this overturned is ridiculous. 

(P.S. I like what you've done to your signature)

2 minutes ago, Phantom said:

The rule does state only the zone claimed and not out of it. You shouldn't hunt them down just to kill them. Screenshot by lua isn't necessary here since you have already admitted to following him out. As I said, if it is within a step or two out of the zone after they stepped within the KOS zone and you have already attempted to KOS them, it's fine. Anything beyond that is plain RDM.

Right, The guy wasn't like super far out. He was a step out of the door frame when I killed him.

Also thanks Vibe.

Edited by Shrugger
  • The Garnut
2 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I'll remove the warn, next time if there is no screenshot from any party, then don't give out a warn just for the sake of avoiding conflicts like this.

Staff who warned Shrugger without proof really should be given a strike

• Like 1