KillerDellz Ban Appeal

Killerdellz

In-game name: Yume

SteamID: KillerDellz(STEAM_0:0:455985185)

Staff members in-game name: El Chico

Staff members SteamID: MoneyBagsn(STEAM_0:0:94584928)

Date & Time of incident: Oct 21, 2019 1:35

Timezone: PST

Ban Reason: Advertisement in /ooc of my Twitch stream

How long were you banned for?: 1,903 Hours

Proof of Ban: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qUzuF8OHM3w3mR4Zp1fWo1LwKc1rBU5zhHxihUfUmvQ/edit

What happened?: I was being dumb and I linked my Twitch in chat so that people could watch the stream. I had no clue that I couldn’t link social media in chat, I thought we weren’t aloud to advertise other servers. I was banned instantly without warning. I have the entire event captured in my stream.

Why should your ban be removed?: I fell that my ban should be appealed because I have grown attached to the server and the people who play it. I have played at least 150 hours and am a VIP so It would feel kind of a waste. I love this server and have enjoyed playing on it and I feel kind of short changed when I make one mistake and am banned forever without warning.

@TBFYKingSnippy put this ban through.

Unfortunately advertisement is a serious rule to break on the server. Reading the rules is really important and i'm surprised that with 150 hours you haven't seen someone get banned for something like that. However, seeing how late this must have occured makes me think there was maybe 20-30 people online? And you're also a donor so maybe some leniency can be shown if you honestly didn't know about the rule since you didnt advertise during peak hours or something. idk. Guess ya should wait on word from Snippy or an Operator.

Edited by proggy
53 minutes ago, Entity said:

Wait wait wait.. He was banned for advertising his stream of GarnetGaming? +1

I have a few questions about this. 1. Why an advertisement ban for 80 days? (they're perma) 2. The ban reason says "adv"? 3. Why go for a ban of Garnet Gaming promotion? I get it's not a direct forum/discord/TS link but this man was promoting GG on twitch and if his honest interpretation of the advertising rule was "just don't promote other gmod servers" He shouldn't have been banned imo. +1  

54 minutes ago, Entity said:

Wait wait wait.. He was banned for advertising his stream of GarnetGaming? +1

I believe it was ruled that any non-official GarnetGaming link was considered advertising, including streams and YouTube channels that ONLY post GG content (aside from official streams such as Diomonder's mapping streams FOR GG, or Garnet's old mapping streams from awhile back, obviously)

This rule has always been in place but you can see it being enforced in a ban appeal from back in July (if it doesn't load properly, it is the last post):

1 hour ago, proggy said:

And you're also a donor so maybe some leniency can be shown if you honestly didn't know about the rule since you didnt advertise during peak hours or something. idk

100% no. That is not how things should work here.

Hopefully me saying this does not negatively affect the verdict of my ban reduction but i feel that i was being targeted by this moderator. Earlier in the stream he broke the rules by raiding my base twice within 11 minutes and claimed that he did not. He was very confident in the sit that i was at another base that he raided until i mentioned my streaming of the server. After that things were quite tense and it seems that he kind of had it out for me. 

Edited by Killerdellz
2 hours ago, Killerdellz said:

Hopefully me saying this does not negatively affect the verdict of my ban reduction but i feel that i was being targeted by this moderator. Earlier in the stream he broke the rules by raiding my base twice within 11 minutes and claimed that he did not. He was very confident in the sit that i was at another base that he raided until i mentioned my streaming of the server. After that things were quite tense and it seems that he kind of had it out for me. 

" being targeted " . I banned you for posting a link in  ooc that was not suppose to be put. Proggy has also mentioned like an hour before that to not post the video of me breaking fail rp in ooc to pm it or to drop it in rp chat because you can get banned for putting links like that.

" had it out for me "

Those are the only 2 interactions i even made with you and No, nothing about you " mentioning your stream " so I backed down. Just the fact that you posted the video to Proggy showing I had broken a rule for fail rp so i glady took the warn and jail. I also had no problem with being warned or jailed, Ask proggy urself.

------------------------------------------------------------------

You got banned for posting non GG links and others have also got banned for doing the same thing as stated above. If I didn't do the format right it was because I was in a rush for uploading more bans for minges. ALSO just because you have VIP doesn't mean you get special treatment. I SUGGEST that he gets/keeps his perma ban for posting non gg links . It is a serious rule and needs to stay that way.

-Toe Tagged Snippy

Edited by TBFYKingSnippy

I just reviewed the footage of my stream last night to find that Proggy quickly mentioned for me to PM it to him. His words exactly, "Just PM it to me because I don't want anyone to say its advertising." To be fair, that is not a warning because I never actually sent it in /ooc at that time. But that is besides the point, I should have known otherwise and carefully read the rules.

To address the VIP thing, I didn't mention it as a way to get "special treatment" it was to show that I liked the server enough to donate to it! 

Lastly, I totally understand that linking in chat is a serious offence, but all rules set aside, i wasn't linking another server, i was promoting the server. If you review the stream the whole reason i sent it in chat is because the people that i was in a party with wanted to watch the stream. In all reality i should have /p to them but i felt that it would be cool for the 20 people in the server might have wanted to watch. Please consider that i was just trying to show my stream and promote garnet gaming. I really like this server and it would be a shame to receive a perm ban on my first "offence". Thank you

2 hours ago, Killerdellz said:

I just reviewed the footage of my stream last night to find that Proggy quickly mentioned for me to PM it to him. His words exactly, "Just PM it to me because I don't want anyone to say its advertising." To be fair, that is not a warning because I never actually sent it in /ooc at that time. But that is besides the point, I should have known otherwise and carefully read the rules.

To address the VIP thing, I didn't mention it as a way to get "special treatment" it was to show that I liked the server enough to donate to it! 

Lastly, I totally understand that linking in chat is a serious offence, but all rules set aside, i wasn't linking another server, i was promoting the server. If you review the stream the whole reason i sent it in chat is because the people that i was in a party with wanted to watch the stream. In all reality i should have /p to them but i felt that it would be cool for the 20 people in the server might have wanted to watch. Please consider that i was just trying to show my stream and promote garnet gaming. I really like this server and it would be a shame to receive a perm ban on my first "offence". Thank you

I extremely take it offensive when you accuse me of " targeting you " and " having it out for you " because we both know that is a lie.

Advertising is still advertising, we don't know what they they were streaming, they could have been bad mouthing the server for all we know.
They also could have changed what they were streaming at any point, or even promoted other servers while streaming on garnet.
The ban is valid even if he/she claims he/she was streaming garnet

1 hour ago, SugarMyNuggets said:

Advertising is still advertising, we don't know what they they were streaming, they could have been bad mouthing the server for all we know.
They also could have changed what they were streaming at any point, or even promoted other servers while streaming on garnet.
The ban is valid even if he/she claims he/she was streaming garnet

Are you serious? I'm starting to aggravated with how unprofessional this has been held. I have a replay on my stream of my saying multiple times that i like the server. I am a level 38 and have donated to the server. Do your truly think that i would bad mouth it or promote another server!? I linked my twitch in which i was streaming the server (you can look at the replay) ONE TIME. I linked it a single time and i get a perma ban for it. It's outrageous how you would actually treat a player and donor of the server. It's simple, I won't do it again! Next time i would appreciate a warning instead of a permaban. I really hope that someone can understand my view point instead of just claiming negative connotations to my stream! You can ask Proggy, Stinkie, and Iron Fetus if i have been a good genuine player and i assure you they will say that i have been. I have enjoyed this server very much and it sucks to know that i will be banned for a simple and easily fixed mistake. Please look at this as the aspect of someone who was trying to promote the server. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Killerdellz said:

Are you serious? I'm starting to aggravated with how unprofessional this has been held. I have a replay on my stream of my saying multiple times that i like the server. I am a level 38 and have donated to the server. Do your truly think that i would bad mouth it or promote another server!? I linked my twitch in which i was streaming the server (you can look at the replay) ONE TIME. I linked it a single time and i get a perma ban for it. It's outrageous how you would actually treat a player and donor of the server. It's simple, I won't do it again! Next time i would appreciate a warning instead of a permaban. I really hope that someone can understand my view point instead of just claiming negative connotations to my stream! You can ask Proggy, Stinkie, and Iron Fetus if i have been a good genuine player and i assure you they will say that i have been. I have enjoyed this server very much and it sucks to know that i will be banned for a simple and easily fixed mistake. Please look at this as the aspect of someone who was trying to promote the server. Thank you

Bro don't get all angry, no one is being unprofessional you were banned under banable reason, if you're really upset you should have read the rules, you being a level 38 means you should have been aware of the rules behind streaming. Stop complaining and wait for someone to decide if your ban is worthy or not. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Killerdellz said:

You can ask Proggy, Stinkie, and Iron Fetus if i have been a good genuine player and i assure you they will say that i have been.

Idk who you are. 

It's outrageous how you would actually treat a player and donor of the server.

I don't know why you think spending money on the server makes you immune to the rules. 

Next time i would appreciate a warning instead of a permaban.

We have the rules for a reason. It's your responsibility to know and abide by them. 

• Spicy 1
  • Informative 1