Ewan McGregor's Ban Appeal

Rolodeath

In-game name: Ewan McGregor
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:0:434618714
Staff members in-game name:  Flammable Paper
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:211893787
Date & Time of incident: 2019-10-24 - 23:52:36
Timezone:  CST
Ban Reason: Mass RDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 Weeks
Proof of Ban: https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans/

What happened? (include any proof): So I had just changed my job from Thief to hit-man so I was hit-man for 10 minutes walking around, then I looked in the rules and saw that I can't have a base a hit-man so  I went into my base to remove printers  and the base by destroying then 4 guys came up to raid my base. in which they started throwing nerve gas and bombs, at me trying to kill me, so I retaliated by killing 3 of out of 4 of them with a shotgun.

Why should your ban be removed? :My ban should be removed because the guys who accused me were omiting the part that they had attacked me first before I opened fired I was gonna delete my base but they kept throwing  bombs and gas, till the sit came up and I was banned. There should have been damage log checked if there was one but those guy had attacked me first with nerve gas and bombs.

Edited by Rolodeath
  • Cringe 1
  • Sad 1

Okay, first things first the fact that you had a base as a hitman, even though you didnt know it was wrong and/or were going to delete it, is still FailRP. They were raiding, what they thought, was a legitimate base, however, your being a hitman made all of your kills failRP, and/or RDM. And by killing all 3 in the course of a few minutes, you secured yourself into a ban for 2 weeks for Mass RDM and/or Mass FailRP.

If any pity is taken on you by the higherups, I feel your ban might could be shortened to Mass failrp, or Accidental mass rdm, but the staff's ruling in the situation is without major flaw or error, as you did RDM them because hitmen may ONLY kill their targets, and any other scenario unless they are being directly attacked, is failRP and RDM.

• Winner 1

where in the rules does it say hitman can't base?

Hitman & Assassin

• You may raid only if necessary to complete a hit.
  • You may counter all illegal activities.
  • Hits may only be placed using a payphone or /placehit

So is there something else I'm missing?

Edited by Rolodeath
  • Cringe 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Rolodeath said:

where in the rules does it say hitman can't base?

Hitman & Assassin

• You may raid only if necessary to complete a hit.
  • You may counter all illegal activities.
  • Hits may only be placed using a payphone or /placehit

The way the job rules are laid out, each class is given a list of permissions of things they are permitted to do, therein, there will not be mention of things they are not permitted to do. Every other class with basing permissions will show this little bullet under their specifications:

• You may own a base and printers.

I ask you, is this little bullet present in the hitman specifications as it is in classes such as These various, various examples? 

"Raiding Classes - Thief; Cyber Thief; Franklin; Michael; Trevor; CJ; Alyx; Custom Classes

• You may mug and raid.
  • You may own a base and printers.
  • You may counter illegal activities."

Citizen

• You may not perform illegal activities such as mugging or raiding.
  • You may counter illegal activities.
  • You may own money printers and base.

Crips & Bloodz Leader

• You may lead your gang in raids and mugs, as well as create a base for you and your gang to store printers in.
  • You may accept/deny gang war proposals.
  • You may megabase, although it cannot be in or across the street. You need at least 3 or more Crips or Bloodz members to megabase. You cannot take up more than 3 buildings

Mercenary

• You may be paid by a client to protect them and act as their bodyguard inside and outside their base.
  • You may base with your client.
  • You may participate and assist with raids and mugs with your client.
  • You may counter illegal activities.

You stand corrected. 

The rules give a list of things that a certain class can do, it is automatically implied that any action not listed, is not permitted.

Edited by El_Nino_Loco
  • Informative 1
28 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

Okay, first things first the fact that you had a base as a hitman, even though you didnt know it was wrong and/or were going to delete it, is still FailRP. They were raiding, what they thought, was a legitimate base, however, your being a hitman made all of your kills failRP, and/or RDM. And by killing all 3 in the course of a few minutes, you secured yourself into a ban for 2 weeks for Mass RDM and/or Mass FailRP.

If any pity is taken on you by the higherups, I feel your ban might could be shortened to Mass failrp, or Accidental mass rdm, but the staff's ruling in the situation is without major flaw or error, as you did RDM them because hitmen may ONLY kill their targets, and any other scenario unless they are being directly attacked, is failRP and RDM.

You keep going on these lengthy tangents. Seeing as you only came back recently it kinda nails the point home that you may not currently understand all of our rules. It was an oversight I suppose to not specify (though honestly it shouldn't have to be specified whether they can base as it should be assumed). Hitman have always had the ability to base? Since when this was "changed" or whoever may told you I would argue is in the wrong. Why couldn't they base? Or have printers?

Also under any circumstance regardless of class if you're attacked you can defend yourself. Just because you're a hitman doesn't limit you to only your target in cases of defense. If I get shot by anyone you can bet damn well i'ma gun them down.

9 minutes ago, TheDudeAbidesV2 said:

You keep going on these lengthy tangents. Seeing as you only came back recently it kinda nails the point home that you may not currently understand all of our rules. It was an oversight I suppose to not specify (though honestly it shouldn't have to be specified whether they can base as it should be assumed). Hitman have always had the ability to base? Since when this was "changed" or whoever may told you I would argue is in the wrong. Why couldn't they base? Or have printers?

Also under any circumstance regardless of class if you're attacked you can defend yourself. Just because you're a hitman doesn't limit you to only your target in cases of defense. If I get shot by anyone you can bet damn well i'ma gun them down.

Hitman are not granted such ability in the MOTD to base, therefore, as such that unwritten rules shall not be enforced, in my opinion he should retain his ban for the mass RDM, as the rules do not clarify the ability of the hitman to base (as they do for every other class with the ability to do the same.) Write the rule, then enforce it. 

The ban should stay IMO. I know it is unwritten, but even as such, he should have read the rules when he joined enough so that he should know what he is able and not able to do, and he never asked anyone to clarify further, he just automatically assumed he was allowed and did as he pleased. The staff did the right thing in enforcing rules as they are written, and not as you say they should be written.

Again, I retain, -1.

8 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

Hitman are not granted such ability in the MOTD to base, therefore, as such that unwritten rules shall not be enforced, in my opinion he should retain his ban for the mass RDM, as the rules do not clarify the ability of the hitman to base (as they do for every other class with the ability to do the same.) Write the rule, then enforce it. 

The ban should stay IMO. I know it is unwritten, but even as such, he should have read the rules when he joined enough so that he should know what he is able and not able to do, and he never asked anyone to clarify further, he just automatically assumed he was allowed and did as he pleased. The staff did the right thing in enforcing rules as they are written, and not as you say they should be written.

Again, I retain, -1.

Pls tell me you're going to law school 

He makes a point -1

Just saying that even if it was under a raid on his base he may not have been allowed to have, aslong as he was damaged first he had the right to fight back. If the guys got butt hurt for raiding a hitmans base and then dying they should have ended the raid and called staff to question about the base.
Kinda the other guys fault for not standing down after realising it was failrp
Plus how do 4 guys lose against one when they have nerve gas? tf? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SugarMyNuggets said:

Just saying that even if it was under a raid on his base he may not have been allowed to have, aslong as he was damaged first he had the right to fight back. If the guys got butt hurt for raiding a hitmans base and then dying they should have ended the raid and called staff to question about the base.
Kinda the other guys fault for not standing down after realising it was failrp
Plus how do 4 guys lose against one when they have nerve gas? tf? 

None of us had perks, and the ones that were looking at the guy were behind everyone. Besides we were just fuckin around.

39f5bc80a96b4fa8c948d39da2fcb2b6.png

Wait is this not @GGelite95's ban? I was doing a sit today and he gave me a ban to put in. When I put the ban request in for him it said it updated your ban. I checked, & it was the only ban in the log for you? He said you were banned for warn limit earlier, but I know those [at least used to] show on the ban list too.