DarkRP Compass

Ziggy

Description:

Small suggestion to add the compass to DarkRP. Sounds a bit weird, but it would really help with locating places and bases. 

How would it help?: 

A lot of the time I find myself trying to give awkward directions when owning a gunstore, (i.e. Take a right from the tunnel straight from spawn, etc.). Most of the time the message is too long or not specific enough. This is a very small and not really vital suggestion, but I know I'd have a use for it. I could use this to give more specific directions like, "Go east from spawn until you reach x, then go north." or when raiding, "He's peeking East.", etc. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Maple_ said:

What about using text screens to direct people?

I mean I made this just as a nice addition, not really anything important or needed. Someone mentioned it in chat so I thought, why not?

You could in theory, but iunno, it's just one of those things that would be nice to have to make the small things easier. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • 300 IQ 1
9 hours ago, Maple_ said:

What about using text screens to direct people?

Forgot to mention you can only place one textscreen, so--

3 minutes ago, DarkAlias said:

This suggestion makes sense, but it doesn't take long to learn where most landmarks are around the map. Can really take 10 minutes max.

It's not about you knowing where things are, it's about guiding other players to landmarks that aren't labeled or in a very clear location.

• Informative 1
32 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

It's not about you knowing where things are, it's about guiding other players to landmarks that aren't labeled or in a very clear location.

Some players have named different locations around the map, like for instance suburbs. We'd say "White apartment in suburbs" and we'd know exactly where to go. Another is industrial so on so forth and you can just ask one of us to help you know what locations are called what.

3 minutes ago, Entity said:

Some players have named different locations around the map, like for instance suburbs. We'd say "White apartment in suburbs" and we'd know exactly where to go. Another is industrial so on so forth and you can just ask one of us to help you know what locations are called what.

Dawg I know the locations myself. I'm not new to DarkRP. This isn't something that's needed or important, it's just a QoL improvement that would be a nice little feature to have. It doesn't matter anyways, cause uh

9 hours ago, Garnet said:

... just no i'm sorry.

1 hour ago, Im Dream said:

If you're really too retarded to locate yourself on a 200 square meters map, just use that https://garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/topic/4027-new-drp-map-top-down-view-with-sewer/

12 hours ago, Bishopil said:

I mean I made this just as a nice addition, not really anything important or needed. Someone mentioned it in chat so I thought, why not?

You could in theory, but iunno, it's just one of those things that would be nice to have to make the small things easier.