DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [11/7/2019] *PLAYERMODEL FIXES*

Nutter

• The Garnut

logo.png

So I spent the past couple of nights learning how to fix up some playermodels for the server, as promised previously

It is now 7AM and i'm wayyy behind on sleep, so I will see you guys in a year.

Hitboxes

Vega and Commando playermodels were completely fucked as they didn't even have proper hitboxes - they had autogenerated onesall of which had a 1:1 damage ratio.

I have since then properly adjusted the playermodel, recreating its hitbox from scratch and removing unnecessary clutter, resulting in a more optimized model.

The new hitbox replicates what the rest of the hitboxes on our server (properly made ones) accomplished:

25% damage to limbs, 50% damage to the pelvis, 100% damage to the torso, and 200% to the head

The follow changes occured in VEGA playermodels (mind you, the gear on some models is bulkier than the example given)

(right = before, left = after)

46449084b8f28aa1e50ef1b53846b2d7.png

The following video will demonstrate the videos in effect

Model 1 - Edited model

Model 2 - Unedited model

Here is the Frogmen before and after:

aa693d4349864c257ef81e830df17cd0.png

PLEASE BEWARE

Seeing as these models were updated on the SERVER'S end and not the client, when shooting AROUND other players' models that previously had a broken model, a blood decal may still appear as though they had been shot HOWEVER, if you did not precisely hit their model, no damage will be taken from them. This may be an issue to some, and it has already occurred in the past during the Taliban days when Al-Qaeda's models were fixed. I myself and many other did not come across this frequently enough to warrant repackaging all of Garnet's content onto a custom FastDL server and re-downloading 2-3GB worth of content.

Feel free to comment below what other models you believe are broke; being that they have too large a hitbox, or too small (or no hitbox properties at all - like Vega and Frogmen, where you could headshot them and deal the same damage as shooting their toes)

• Like 8
  • The Garnut
17 minutes ago, Garnet said:

PLEASE BEWARE

Seeing as these models were updated on the SERVER'S end and not the client, when shooting AROUND other players' models that previously had a broken model, a blood decal may still appear as though they had been shot HOWEVER, if you did not precisely hit their model, no damage will be taken from them. This may be an issue to some, and it has already occurred in the past during the Taliban days when Al-Qaeda's models were fixed. I myself and many other did not come across this frequently enough to warrant repackaging all of Garnet's content onto a custom FastDL server and re-downloading 2-3GB worth of content.

So to clarify yet again, your Garry's Mod client will think that the hitbox of fixed classes is still large, however, the server knows the true size of the models, as such, when you hit an area that was previously scaled bigger/bugged, a blood decal will come out, and the following might look like this: (leading you to believe the server's lagging, when in fact you just don't know how to aim in a video game)

Other changes...

US Army : Rangers

Ghost class' primary is now the L115 Sniper Rifle

• Like 2
  • Winner 2

Ranger classes are still messed up. Field Medic hitboxes are odd and Ghost can’t cap an obj or see radio. Thank you for doing this for us 😄

edit: Unless you fixed the Ghost class and did the process of changing the weapon

Edited by scythe
1 hour ago, Garnet said:

So to clarify yet again, your Garry's Mod client will think that the hitbox of fixed classes is still large, however, the server knows the true size of the models, as such, when you hit an area that was previously scaled bigger/bugged, a blood decal will come out

Didn't know about this...

Sorry for the false result on the other update, and thanks for giving us a head hitbox😁

• Like 1