MRP Third-Person Revamp

huskaii

13 hours ago, Huskaiii said:

. Bringing back third person would help speed up combat, and could help eliminate players hiding all the time. It would make players more confident in gunfights, and allow them to push more.

Third person actually does the complete opposite of this. It allows players to just hide even better and abuse thirdperson to only peek when shooting.

13 hours ago, Huskaiii said:

And Lastly, here is a video of gameplay using the Old Third Person

The removal of third person didn't kill fast paced combat on MRP. You can even see in this video you used in the suggestion that guns were stronger and players move a lot faster than they do now. I don't know where you got the idea that MRP was trying to have more fast paced combat when shit like the stamina bar has been added recently.

The servers been a lot better without the crazy ass third person. And pretty much everything else I had to say in response to this has been addressed by Bendak, Jackal, and Shrimps. Bad idea.

Edited by Fupert1
  • Informative 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, Huskaiii said:

But with the weapons being balanced

Of course all the RU mains are gonna agree with this. The CZ on the Prestige class is insane. Sure it cant snipe but if this were to be implemented it would just be abused like it was before. Even if I get the first shot with my AEK due to hibox, movement speed, and other factors out of my control my AEK will do 13 damage while the CZ will do 55. I personally would like to be two tapped by a guy peeking around a corner.

there isn't as many spots to abuse head glitching

Sure third person was used to glitch mostly but people still used it to peak around corners like in comms. With the amount of tree cover and more focused CQB OBJs like EMB having third person in the game would ruin combat. Warehouse is also very CQB oriented so if people just abuse third person like they did before there is no way to outplay them.

eliminate players hiding all the time.

Multiple people have already commented on this like Shrimps and Bendak so ill just say go read their post above mine.

Players should be able to customize their game to their playstyle

I agree with this, but third person is not the way. Third person is still in the game it's just abusable. You can customize your guns, pick a crazy amount of classes, and pick where you want to go in war that best suits your playstyle. 

it wouldn't put anybody at a disadvantage

By stating this you basically are saying that if you don't use third person you are at a disadvantage. Some players like myself never have nor never well use third person. Using first person should never be a disadvantage in any shooter game. 

First-person would still be a viable playstyle

On CS Desert the only thing I could do was try and get out of their sight and have a quicker reaction time. When third person was used like on siberia I felt utterly useless. If this change were implemented their would be nothing players like myself could do.

That clip you posted is the exact reason why you of all people want third person back. Huskaii you are one of few players that whenever a new OP gun or "Meta" is in the game you abuse it. You are basically bunny hopping around on a small hitbox that is mave even smaller by the fact that you are crouch spamming. You say combat has gotten stale but thats just because you not have competition. The people in that clip could do nothing until either you peeked and shot at them (which isn't hard considering you saw where they were before you even peeked) or they had to push up and put themselves in a CQC situation against the AEK when it was a reliable 2-3 shot weapon. A lot of people who are +1 this suggestion are the same people who abused in the past. They say combat has gotten stale but that's because people are on the same level now. Sure implementing this might bring a player or two back and might make it more enjoyable to 20 people, but the players that would leaver or become inactive would hurt the server was more. Garnet has been getting a good amount of players on everyday, implementing this would seriously hurt the server as when that clip was shot it was one of Garnet's deadest times.

• Winner 1
  • The Garnut

2. The Current Map - Desert was an open and flat map as we all know. That is why we had to nerf the third person in the first place. It was too easy to head glitch with the third person. But on the current map, there isn't as many spots to abuse head glitching, and it is as open as Desert.

Unfortunately, Desert is still very much an active map we will return to, and it'd be best to streamline third person.

6. The third Person in Other Games - I know that Garnet doesn't want to be like every other game, but lots of other games use the third person. PUBG and Arma are some good examples of this. They have both Third and First-person, but both can be used just as effectively. Also, some players that play other games have gotten used to Third person from other games, and having it on the MRP server would add to the experience, and overall make it more enjoyable.

I don't know where you got the notion that I don't want to be like other games, I modeled MRP after Battlefield 3 in terms of gun play, and later changed it to be more arcade-like as seen in MW2 🙂. In the games you had mentioned (PUBG) there is the option between playing a strictly first person server, or one that also includes third person, for more casual players as to allow wall glitching and what not. When it comes to ARMA, on most combat-oriented servers, third persons snaps just as closely to you as third person is right now.

Regardless, if this thread is voted in favor of, I will one again buff third person, only so later down the road somebody complains, and it once again gets nerfed. I'll keep a copy of both versions on-hand.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
On 11/17/2019 at 2:06 AM, shrimp said:

If you take a look at the history of updates over time, the server has gradually been pushing towards slowing down the pace of combat, allowing more room for micromanaging and strategy.

Your post honest said everything I would have liked to type it, if I had the patience to. But ultimately, yes, this will slow down gun play further as more people will be hiding until able to make their perfect shot. I can see why you would think differently if you have not been playing Garnet for a considerable amount of time.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Garnet said:

The current third person really doesn't give you an advantage man.

That is true, and if you look left and down then you look directly from your models head to his feet. The current third person does give you the ability to look around a corner, but personally I believe that it should be back to the arcade like feeling on Taiga, and Early CSCDesert, along with it crosshairs should return. 

4 minutes ago, shrimp said:

Okay, but why? I'll say it again. This whole thread aims at resurrecting a scummy playstyle utilized by a small portion of the community at most. Not worth it.

Well ya see (and this is obviously from me) people who suck at the game really don’t have a chance in combat, if I had all the practice I did now (and I still suck) and could use 3rd person, I’d probably be a whole lot better, now I realize I’ll get hated for this but it’s true, I actually suck and anyone who knows me knows it’s true, so yeah my reason for this coming back is to get my skill just a bit better, who knows maybe I’ll actually make it into a SOC or something without having to tryout 20 times. 

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, Captainswag said:

Well ya see (and this is obviously from me) people who suck at the game really don’t have a chance in combat, if I had all the practice I did now (and I still suck) and could use 3rd person, I’d probably be a whole lot better, now I realize I’ll get hated for this but it’s true, I actually suck and anyone who knows me knows it’s true, so yeah my reason for this coming back is to get my skill just a bit better, who knows maybe I’ll actually make it into a SOC or something without having to tryout 20 times. 

Okay, so you'll be compensating for admittedly sucking at gun play, and players who are already good, will therefore be made even better by figuring out how to efficiently utilize the third person system they have no had a chance to use prior.

10 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

having to tryout 20 times. 

Yeah I'm working on taking the focus away from skill in combat. I think it has over time just made the server a little too tense.

The state of combat right now is probably the best it's been, and everyone is on a even playing field.

Edited by shrimpus