More raiding methods

ZachDLC

Recently I've realized that with advanced dupe working again, many bases have become impossible to raid, and much easier to set up. Here are a few suggestions to make base raiding a bit more possible and competitive.

-Allow Pro-lockpicks to work on fading doors. This makes silent raiding a bit quicker but not too OP if someone is actually watching their fading doors. Similar to how normal lockpicks work now but a tad bit faster.

-Impleament a fading-door only battering ram. Similar to how PD battering Rams work, but with a cool down or charge time to use them. They'd also have to be only for fading doors, as they'd likely be abused to knock down props. Maybe make this a perma-weapon to buy?

-Disallow blackout shooting areas in bases. Some bases have used the blackout mechanics to add a small shooting hole with black props all around it. I suggest making this count as a blackout base so that attackers have a fair shot at shooting back.

Please leave suggestions below. I'd love to hear them!

• Cringe 1
37 minutes ago, Zach-DLC said:

Disallow blackout shooting areas in bases. Some bases have used the blackout mechanics to add a small shooting hole with black props all around it. I suggest making this count as a blackout base so that attackers have a fair shot at shooting back.

Wdym by this? 

Impleament a fading-door only battering ram. Similar to how PD battering Rams work, but with a cool down or charge time to use them. They'd also have to be only for fading doors, as they'd likely be abused to knock down props. Maybe make this a perma-weapon to buy?

Yes, id make it really expensive though, mabye an unbox, because it would be easy to glide through 4 doors (Without stacked props) Perma is an iffy though.

Allow Pro-lockpicks to work on fading doors. This makes silent raiding a bit quicker but not too OP if someone is actually watching their fading doors. Similar to how normal lockpicks work now but a tad bit faster.

Yes. Dunno if its possible though.

Edited by Kicks
2 hours ago, Zach-DLC said:

-Disallow blackout shooting areas in bases. Some bases have used the blackout mechanics to add a small shooting hole with black props all around it. I suggest making this count as a blackout base so that attackers have a fair shot at shooting back.

That is a rule anyways, no unfair advantages over the raiders. If it's unfair in your eyes or seems blackout, then let them know.

14 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Or just add a EMP swep, you can buy with credits or IRL Cash. EMPs cancel all fading doors in its proximity for like 10 seconds. Not too OP but sure is good advantage for killbox bases 

Oh..... GENIUS!

But it'd have to disable buttons and keypads being granted, because if you crack then it would disable the fading door from opening.

Edited by Entity
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Kicks said:

Hope you dont mean it opens, because that would be hella op.

Yes it opens them, also it’s not as OP as the compact killboxes on the server today, it’s implemented on other servers as well. If you know how to build a base it’s an easily counterable item.

4 hours ago, Cameron said:

Or just add a EMP swep, you can buy with credits or IRL Cash. EMPs cancel all fading doors in its proximity for like 10 seconds. Not too OP but sure is good advantage for killbox bases 

7 hours ago, Zach-DLC said:

Impleament a fading-door only battering ram. Similar to how PD battering Rams work, but with a cool down or charge time to use them. They'd also have to be only for fading doors, as they'd likely be abused to knock down props. Maybe make this a perma-weapon to buy?

Hell no. This is a thing on other servers and its the same reason why I quit on those servers. This being added to the game will be abused up the ass. Imagine this: Little Jimmy found a cool new server that looks like one he could settle down with, he makes himself a pretty nice base with kill holes and all that. But then suddenly, this guy with a battering ram knocks down all his doors in seconds and blows him to bits without a second for Jimmy to react. Jimmy loses his printers and his love for the server and leaves to find a better one. -1 on this idea.

Edited by ThetaKek
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 1
31 minutes ago, ThetaKek said:

Hell no. This is a thing on other servers and its the same reason why I quit on those servers. This being added to the game will be abused up the ass. Imagine this: Little Jimmy found a cool new server that looks like one he could settle down with, he makes himself a pretty nice base with kill holes and all that. But then suddenly, this guy with a battering ram knocks down all his doors in seconds and blows him to bits without a second for Jimmy to react. Jimmy loses his printers and his love for the server and leaves to find a better one. -1 on this idea.

I mean then money on the other servers must hold its value well. You don't want that because you AFK in your base all night with 50 printers and nobody dating to raid you lol.

28 minutes ago, Zach-DLC said:

I mean then money on the other servers must hold its value well. You don't want that because you AFK in your base all night with 50 printers and nobody dating to raid you lol.

My hell no was for the new players that could get ass raped by this addition like I was on a different server as fresh as a newborn. I would like a reason to watch gmod while I printer sit.

That being said adding pro lockpick to pickin fading doors is nice.

Edited by ThetaKek
added a sentence
4 minutes ago, ThetaKek said:

My hell no was for the new players that could get ass raped by this addition like I was on a different server as fresh as a newborn. I would like a reason to watch gmod while I printer sit.

I’m not for battering rams given to players, just EMP grenade. Also Battering Rams are so easy to defend against 😂😂😂

Just now, ThetaKek said:

Your quote is in my explanation too.

Eh, legit it’s not OP if it’s hard to obtain such as Credits or Donors. Like I said building rules on GG are pretty relaxed killboxes on this server are so easy to make. An EMP is not as OP as a fading door and button