Staff Report Against Bradley

knuckles0315

1 minute ago, Shephard said:

+1
The action the player took could've resulted in damage, and would've if he aimed an inch higher. This is also what is commonly referred to as "loopholing" shooting at someone, but ONLY around them is baiting in its most purest form, of which the player could use this as an attempt claim a report against them if the targeted player reciprocates sensible retaliation. Using the rule provided by @Yamagataa, if explicitly taken literally, would set precedent for the loopholing situation I provided to run prevalent.

Also, the dudes a cop, shots fired at any cop, anywhere is grounds for equal force to be initiated, an Officers job isn't to get or be shot, but the line of duty can result in getting shot, understand that difference.

This isn't a report against ShadowKing and isn't an appeal, but I completely agree with you and wrote up a similar response (until I realized the report was on Bradley)

+1. Aside from the fact that this is essentially loopholing and warn baiting, Bradley should not have entered any commands for somebody else's sit UNLESS required to (ie. a ban string for tmods), as stated by a few other people. It isn't up to me but I'm going to assume that if any punishment should happen that it'd be a staff strike (if DarkRP still use them) and not anything major.

3 minutes ago, Torch said:

This isn't a report against ShadowKing and isn't an appeal, but I completely agree with you and wrote up a similar response (until I realized the report was on Bradley)

+1. Aside from the fact that this is essentially loopholing and warn baiting, Bradley should not have entered any commands for somebody else's sit UNLESS required to (ie. a ban string for tmods), as stated by a few other people. It isn't up to me but I'm going to assume that if any punishment should happen that it'd be a staff strike (if DarkRP still use them) and not anything major.

@MasterH724 said he approved the warn and punishment, and apologized that he let @Bradley350 perform the punishments. The report being placed on one staff shouldn't nullify a second staff members misconduct, just because his name isn't explicitly attached in the OP, Management should be ready to punish any staff, reported explicitly or not.

First @ShadowKing you're clearly baiting a lower level to rdm you. That's just immature. If you're gonna do this then why are you even staff? The point is to help the server, you're clearly not. @MasterH724 @Bradley350 why would the sit be in the sky box? It's not a comfortable place for the reportee or the reporter, and it takes forever for you to get back to the map if you needed to. 

@MasterH724 Let the reportee finish what hes saying and get his proof, you have to tell him before punishing him. 

@Bradley350 You were in Master's discord, don't get involved in a sit that another staff has claimed. 

Even tho Shadow was right to report, the whole thing is petty and clearly biased, as you took a higher up's word on a situation and had another higher up (who wasn't even listening to the sit) punish a player without telling him or letting him give proof. It's not about the RDM.

You're making the staff look bad tbh +1

Edited by garnetgamer
  • Like 2
  • Creative 1
52 minutes ago, Shephard said:

+1, explicitly toward @MasterH724 as he's requested the blame be to him, @Bradley350 should be VERBALLY warned to not punish on behalf of another staff member though if its against protocol to do so.

The action the player took could've resulted in damage, and would've if he aimed an inch higher. This is also what is commonly referred to as "loopholing" shooting at someone, but ONLY around them is baiting in its most purest form, of which the player could use this as an attempt claim a report against them if the targeted player reciprocates sensible retaliation. Using the rule provided by @Yamagataa, if explicitly taken literally, would set precedent for the loopholing situation I provided to run prevalent.

Also, the dudes a cop, shots fired at any cop, anywhere is grounds for equal force to be initiated, an Officers job isn't to get or be shot, but the line of duty can result in getting shot, understand that difference.

You make a good point, I change my stance on this.

ShadowKing you have been doing some dodgy stuff lately and for what happen on the sits. thats not right at all i side with Entity on this one. first you shouldn't even be taking sits on the event area and you even asked evity and he didn't say anything back. it should be common sense to not do sits on the flat grass. @Bradley350 i thought you were better than this.

full punishment 

Edited by ioms
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Chase said:

First @ShadowKing you're clearly baiting a lower level to rdm you. That's just immature. If you're gonna do this then why are you even staff? The point is to help the server, you're clearly not. @MasterH724 @Bradley350 why would the sit be in the sky box? It's not a comfortable place for the reportee or the reporter, and it takes forever for you to get back to the map if you needed to. 

@MasterH724 Let the reportee finish what hes saying and get his proof, you have to tell him before punishing him. 

@Bradley350 You were in Master's discord, don't get involved in a sit that another staff has claimed. 

Even tho Shadow was right to report, the whole thing is petty and clearly biased, as you took a higher up's word on a situation and had another higher up (who wasn't even listening to the sit) punish a player without telling him or letting him give proof. It's not about the RDM.

I was under the impression we had permission to do the sit in the event area as I thought Bradley had got permission and mid way through a sit evity came up and didnt seem to have an issue with it

Although I will accept that I'm int he wrong after reading about what I did wrong let me explain why I though punishing was the right option

I checked logs and no advert or damage had been done that would allow for a kill and while they both admitted shadow was shooting around/near him I havnt read anywhere in the rules that baiting is cause for rdm so from what I had known even in the footage it had only showing someone shooting near someone. I had been punished in the past when something like this happened when someone was shooting around me and got punished so my impression was that's the correct way to deal with this.

As a fairly new staff member it's not easy to find out all the unwritten rules of the server, I had read nowhere baiting allowed for rdm the punishment I had given with my knowledge seemed completely by the book. If I had thought what I did was against anything I would not have done it as he even told me if we punish him he will be posting to forums 

As again not saying I should be void if punishment but it's a pretty easy mistake to happen when I was not told baiting allows for rdm

3 hours ago, MasterH724 said:

As again not saying I should be void if punishment but it's a pretty easy mistake to happen when I was not told baiting allows for rdm

You’re not allowed to kill someone for baiting, the dude did actually RDM @ShadowKing. The problem is, Shadow was clearly attempting to get the kid to RDM him by shooting really close to him just so the kid would shoot back. Again, not staff material.

28 minutes ago, Chase said:

You’re not allowed to kill someone for baiting, the dude did actually RDM @ShadowKing. The problem is, Shadow was clearly attempting to get the kid to RDM him by shooting really close to him just so the kid would shoot back. Again, not staff material.

I'm deeply sorry of my misunderstanding if I get another chance I'll make sure to fix this mistake next time

3 hours ago, Chase said:

I read this when I just woke up and my response to this makes no sense, what I'd like to say is that I'm sorry I didnt get the video evidence all though he told me what was in the video so from the fact he admitted shadow was baiting and there was no rp reason to kill him I thought the evidence wouldnt change anything. I know that shadow was doing something which is a bit shitty but from my perspective it seems my report followed the rules as he already told me what was in the video which wouldnt have changed much if anything

13 hours ago, Shephard said:

@MasterH724 said he approved the warn and punishment, and apologized that he let @Bradley350 perform the punishments. The report being placed on one staff shouldn't nullify a second staff members misconduct, just because his name isn't explicitly attached in the OP, Management should be ready to punish any staff, reported explicitly or not.

I completely agree, as well as apologize on my poor clarity in my post. The staff members involved (including @ShadowKing as the reporter) are not exempt from the punishment because the post only calls out Bradley, obviously. As @Chase has said, there was bias in the handling of the sit and that ShadowKing was very clearly warn baiting. Although @MasterH724 technically didn't handle the sit wrong, he completely ignored the fact that the reportee had evidence and a clear reason to act against ShadowKing, which would likely only warrant a verbal warning rather than a physical warn and jail (at least, I'd hope that it would). I don't believe that MasterH724 was being malicious when he had asked @Bradley350 to handle the jailing of the player but considering Bradley350 and ShadowKing have been members of the staff team for more than a few months, they should both know better. It is important to note that MasterH724 is a VIP moderator and although may be serious about being a moderator, he likely didn't know about certain parts of the staff conduct considering that they are difficult to find, or may not even be mentioned in training (if I recall correctly, VIP mods still need to do some type of staff training; let me know if I'm wrong).

13 hours ago, Chase said:

Thats a factual fact^ +1

Here's my take on this situation, keep in mind this report was on Bradley.:

• @knuckles0315 There were no laws such as "Guns out = AOS" etc. There was no lockdown in place. The players you were near were not raiding, mugging, or participating in any illegal activity. Shooting on the street* is not a qualification to use lethal force, nor is it a reason to hover around a player with an arrest baton out. This is baiting as a police officer, and is not allowed. Here's another example of police baiting
  • @Bradley350 You should know this by now, but never participate in another staff's sit unless you're training them, or were involved in the situation directly. Take sits on the roofs they were designed to be used for.
  • @MasterH724 In the future, if there's a report against a staff member, let higher-up staff take the sit. If there aren't any on available, gather all the hard evidence from players before issuing any punishments.
  • @ShadowKing It's clear from the video provided (and you admitted it yourself) of baiting the officer into killing you. Behavior like this from a member of the staff team is disappointing, to say the least.

*I'd like to point out that shooting randomly on the street ≠ shooting near (but not hitting) another player - this is baiting, and what is what ShadowKing did.

Locked until @Entity comes up with a verdict.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2