Weaponry & Class Changes

Ziggy

As per request of Garnet, I am going to be splitting my original suggestion into three separate posts. 

Weaponry and Class Changes

Interlude 1.1

...I want the SEAL MP5 back.” 

“That’s a good start, OG.”

“I want US Guns to have the same customization ability as RU does.” 

“...RU has two very fast firing weapons: the ASVAL for example. The MP5 could compete with that.” 

First things first? We’re gonna compare US customization to RU. The Frogmen’s G36C and the ASVAL have a very fast fire rate that can dominate in CQB. The US has little to compete without the use of donators. On another point, the Prestige’s CZ also has a very fast fire rate. These three weapon combinations cause an imbalance in CQB gunplay between US and RU. Here are the solutions, OG. 

• CZ: Nerf the Prestige’s CZ to match the US Elite : Catchet’s MSBS. 

• We can all agree that the CZ is way ahead of almost any other AR on the server. Giving it a nerf to match the MSBS would create a balance between the two classes and fix the current CZ meta. 

• SEALs MP5: The SEAL MP5 should be given back to the faction, as a competitor to the ASVAL. 

• I will get into where the G3A3 should go in just a second. The SEAL MP5 shouldn’t be what it was before, but instead revised and updated to combat the ASVAL SR3 variant in CQB. I’ve used the weapon myself and it does excessively well in close ranges. The G3A3 is rarely ever used, from what I’ve seen, and only ever used for its underbarrel launch. 

• The G3A3: The G3A3 should replace the UMP in the SEALs loadout on Tactical. 

• If the previous suggestion is implemented, that would mean SEALs would wield two SMGs. Of course not. The G3A3 should compete with Vega’s DMR, the SV98. This would cause some changes to the G3A3 to be made. 

• The UMP-45: Give the UMP to a tier two US faction to match the Frogmen’s G36C. 

• If the previous suggestions are implemented, then the UMP could be put to good use under a tier two faction and be set to match the G36C that Frogmen Tactical has. Either buff the UMP to match the G36C, or nerf the G36C to match the UMP.

Coordinate 1.2 

“The assault rifles need to have less spread increase per shot.”

“The SVT40 and the SR338 need their deploy time and fire rate fixed, too.”

“What about them?”

“They’re slow as shit.” 

This part of the suggestion will be a continuation of the previous section, in a way. These will be various gun stat adjustments, class weapon changes, and a section about SOC Commanders and their weaponry. 

M82 -> Firerate back to 120

AEK -> Lower the damage and up the fire rate

SVT40 -> Firerate to 400 or lower, should be tap fireable.

SR338 -> Firerate to 400 or lower, should be tap fireable.

The suggestions above are a few balance changes to close the void of ineffectiveness that DMRs carry, fix some fire rates, etc. DMRs should be able to compete with snipers and used at mid range, but their inability to quickly recover shots one after the other makes them a poor choice. 

Class Changes 

US Marine LMG -> Weaponry turned back to the M249. 

US Army Demolition -> Weaponry turned back to the XM1014 and given a smoke grenade.

SOC Commander Classes -> Carry their faction’s specialty weapon. 

i.e. 

V Commander having the ASVAL and the SV98

NSWC Commander having the MP5 and the G3A3

PDSS Commander having the AK105 and the G36C

Etc.

As mentioned by Shrimps in the original post, this was a sort of tradition for the Commanders to carry two primaries. I would like for this to come back, for a couple of reasons. The Commander classes are currently copies of the Operator/Beginning classes of each SOC. There isn’t a real material reward for reaching an officer position and being able to be a jack of all trades. This would encourage officers to use their own classes now, instead of using the others for the available weaponry. 

Original post for reference^

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Like 2
On 12/2/2019 at 11:03 PM, Bishopil said:

“The SVT40 and the SR338 need their deploy time and fire rate fixed, too.”

I also want to point out that the donator Mosin Nagant has an excessive deploy time. It is upwards of 3 seconds (for whatever reason), which is more of an issue than the SVT-40 and SR-338, but would love to see that get fixed. There are other problems with the Mosin as well, but I'm just going to link my original post from months ago.

EDIT: For some reason I didn't put a response to this suggestion (although I remember doing it, but obviously not)

I agree with most of these changes, although I've never used the SVT-40 or the SR-338 so although changing them makes sense, I don't know how much the change would and such in terms of overall balancing.

Edited by Torch
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2

+1
These changes all make sense.
Same as the others, Bishop obviously spoke to me before making this, and I thought it was a great idea.

As for Fier's post, that's an easy +1, as well.
Please go visit his post to put your input on the topic, in addition to this one.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:03 PM, Bishopil said:

The G3A3: The G3A3 should replace the UMP in the SEALs loadout on Tactical. 

Was thinking this over and thought a more suiting gun would be the Honey Badger from BER CW2.0. Or even swap these two around, have Honey Badger on Assault, MP5 on Tactical. Fits more into the current 'balance' tactical classes are supposed to have with SMG's/CQC and the Honey Badger could simply be given some small tweaks to match that of a kitted out AK-105(Frogmen AR). Honestly the G3A3 is just fucking ugly and really doesn't fit with SEALs. The Honey Badger is currently unused and quite frankly one of the nicest looking guns on the server.
+1 to everything else though, I already talked over the other things with you so I'm pretty satisfied with everything else.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.