Dan Gardner

In-game name: V SGT Gardner
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 20
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):
STEAM_1:1:8821501
Warns: 0
Timezone: EST
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]:
| V PVT Gardner has played for 1048:28:23.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Jim, Koulit
Past experiences as staff: [Optional] MRP H. Mod in 2017, DRP Admin on Impacted Servers(dead) from 2014-16

How do you plan on benefiting our server? 

I plan on benefiting the MRP server by being active and fair. I follow the rules actively and stay known on both sides of the server, and I will always stay impartial no matter what. There have been several ban wipes since my Chargeback in 2017, and I have remained loyal to this community and its members since returning in February. I plan to be here a while, and I want to make things right by helping the staff team in any way I'm able, which I know I can. There have been several staff members that have urged me to keep trying, and I'd like a chance to be staff again so I can prove myself. I know it was never a question of whether I was capable or not, but whether I could be trusted. So I'll tell you this: It's been two years. I'll reference this comment from Phantom on my last staff app:

It may be great that you "changed" and all, but it doesn't change what you did. There seems to be this idea that one can just keep applying no matter how bad they messed up, and eventually people will forget or just decide to give a chance.

(not quotable, but is in the post listed below).

I don't think there is anyone that can truly deny that yes, I have changed from who I was in 2017. Who hasn't? I understand what I did was very wrong, and I've been trying to make up for it ever since. It isn't about the fact that I've changed, it's about the fact that I am determined to make things right. I've been an active player since February, and just recently in August, I led my first SOC faction, PDSS. It was an amazing experience, and I learned so much in the community and am proud to be a part of it. I took a short sabbatical due to personal issues and just overall not being able to stay focused on the game or the community. That part of my life is over and I hope to move on from many things, including my mistake in 2017.

My whole application shouldn't be about that though. I have more to offer than just apologies for the actions of a broke ass 17 year old. I am extremely familiar with the flow of staffing due to not only my prior experience, but continued involvement in the server. I have been a part of several SOC factions, on both US and RU, which has granted me a wealth of knowledge and understanding within the MRP community and GG itself, that will help me be an effective and fair staff member. I've met a lot of people and only hope to give good experiences and memories to all around me. To me its more than just RP, its building friendships and having a great time kicking each others asses. Keeping the peace and keeping members in check is all I've been doing since becoming an officer in PDSS in May. I've made many contributions to the community that I'm pretty proud of, and I hope I've left a lasting impression on all of you.

All in all, if you think I should be limited from staff due to my actions in 2017, I can respect that. Thank you for considering and have a happy holidays.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: Charged back in 2017. I was broke, making shit money, and needed a car ASAP. I regret my decision more than anything I've done online and have been paying for it since.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: My most recent is below. Others before had the same outcome; a fair amount of positive feedback from the community but stalled by the fact that I charged back in 2017.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 2/day. I have been overly active on Rust recently due to the increased playercount and I plan to change that. (sorry Jim)

Edited by Dan Gardner
added ref / /playtime / became officer in May / rank update
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

Easiest +1 I have ever given. I've known Dan for a while know, I was under his leadership of PDSS and I still talk to him often. I know for a fact that this man is perfect for staff. He has become a very mature and responsible person since he charged back without a doubt, he exhibits all the qualities that staff need to qualify for the position and I would love to see him on the staff team.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Easiest +1 I have ever given. I've known Dan for a while know, I was under his leadership of PDSS and I still talk to him often. I know for a fact that this man is perfect for staff. He has become a very mature and responsible person since he charged back without a doubt, he exhibits all the qualities that staff need to qualify for the position and I would love to see him on the staff team.

1+ We had our differences in delta map then you made personal apologize to me, that showed me you were mature enough and to problem fix. That day made me realize who you really are as a person

• Like 1

+1 and here is why. I have known Gardner for a couple of months now and he has shown to be mature and level headed in game and on TS. No one has ever had a bad experience with you which can clearly be seen through the responses to your app. You have experience as staff before and have lead a well run faction which proves to me you have leadership qualities needed to be part of the staff team. However my only concern would be you activity needing to improve a tiny bit, but that may just be me being inactive recently. Other that that I wish you luck.

Straight up one of the best and chill players on the sever who I've not once seen him be toxic to anyone, as well as very level headed I really think he would be able to get ahold of bad and messy staff situations all while keeping his cool. 

+1