United States Entry Problems

Dillan

I understand you all don't want to merge with Army in the event that Marines gets removed and are strongly arguing your case against it, but it is hard enough to manage the entirety of one nation since every single portion of said nation is separate entities. And the false narrative that Marines are more active than Army is not even close to true, both sides have plenty of numbers but people also have lives outside of video games.

18 minutes ago, Michael said:

Always passive aggressive.

Regardless of if Phantom was being "passive aggressive" or toxic, he's making valid points and is trying to help out even considering the fact that he no longer actively plays on MRP. He's a former MARSOC GEN and a good one at that, so his suggestions are pretty solid.

If 1MD gets removed: a) MARSOC stays and b) 1MD Enlisted and officers are transferred to Army. Get your head out of your asses and understand that you aren't getting duped; you have the same exact classes and loadout as Army, the only difference is your rank and title. The argument you're making wouldn't matter if Marines didn't exist on MRP in the first place because the "appeal" and "activity" is all constructed by your own egos [as seen in Michael's responses based on calling out how bad Army is].

19 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

Removing 1MD will like wipe 1-2/4 of player activity on US side, also 1MD is more appealing and active than Army. 

If anything, this would make it more balanced in the regards of US and RU, since Marines who dislike this idea will either leave the server or go to 2GA (or an RU Spetsnaz faction).

• Informative 1
10 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

If 1MD was removed it basically be removing the entire damn US because Marines>Army in activity

Why don't we remove Army?

I'm pretty sure Garnet said that they would merge into Army, it's not like they are being wiped.

• Cringe 2
1 minute ago, Torch said:

If anything, this would make it more balanced in the regards of US and RU, since Marines who dislike this idea will either leave the server or go to 2GA (or an RU Spetsnaz faction).

Balanced? It's not like RU already outnumbers US on a good day, and if 1MD gets removed how tf is that gonna be balanced because if they leave or goto 2GA then that makes it even more lop sided.

Just now, Sparrow said:

Balanced? It's not like RU already outnumbers US on a good day, and if 1MD gets removed how tf is that gonna be balanced because if they leave or goto 2GA then that makes it even more lop sided.

This is my last reply on this thread because of the forum rules but I wanted to reply what you've just said.

The numbers are not unbalanced. This idea that "RU outnumbers US" or "Marines outnumbers Army" is entirely false (and the same goes for US outnumbers RU in all reality). What classifies somebody as an active member? What classifies a "faction" as an "active faction?" The rosters are pretty well-balanced, and that isn't even including people who play but don't want to get promoted, or people who have just joined. Stop promoting the idea that you need some sort of supplement and advantage over one faction, or that your faction is inherently better based around statistics that aren't even being measured properly.

All of this thread is just talk - it isn't a set in stone plan by Garnet, nor is it a witchhunt against Marines and its recent past. You can argue your case, but simply saying and calling out "Army is inactive, Marines are better" is not helping you whatsoever and having it come from your leader especially is unprofessional. The screenshot you had shared really doesn't mean anything. We don't see the population of the server in comparison and it is only one portion of an ever-complex set of server stats [considering people play at different times, on different days, not even minding the individuality of each player and their schedule for said day].

I dont see why something like this is necessary. Why would we remove the most active base faction. If we want activity and balanced wars why would we do this when this is gonna remove a lot of US players. Most of them might even join RU making the wars even more unbalanced causing the game to not be as fun for others. This could result in a lot of the population decreasing on MRP.

• Like 1

-1 While I remain a tad bit biased, I'm also open to hearing to other sides of the stories, but from a player that plays everyday and assists both MARSOC and Marines, I don't know why the removal of Marines would help US, most of the marines are completely against it, the reputation that followed marines brought in players, other people are drawn in when they're recruited and stay, compared to Army (No mean to throw shade just throwing some facts) They're numbers and wanting to stay on the faction is low. While I think the overreactions are much, I'm 100% disagreeing with any removal of any faction, due to the fact of players not agreeing with rule sets and new leads,  there are people who put their hard time on the faction and to be transferred to one with very little rep, it's a slap in the face. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Witchings said:

players not agreeing with rule sets

I think it should be said that any negative effects of this would really last no longer than a week, as this is a permanent solution to a long-term problem that has and will persist as long as there are multiple entry/base factions. It's never even, one always gets shafted. Sometimes it's Army, sometimes it's Marines, sometimes it was Navy. This isn't an affront or meant to insult the current generation of Marines, but rather the setup of the server. It'll be like ripping off a band-aid, but everyone will forget about it in a week. 

• Cringe 2
3 minutes ago, shrimp said:

I think it should be said that any negative effects of this would really last no longer than a week, as this is a permanent solution to a long-term problem that has and will persist as long as there are multiple entry/base factions. It's never even, one always gets shafted. Sometimes it's Army, sometimes it's Marines, sometimes it was Navy. This isn't an affront or meant to insult the current generation of Marines, but rather the setup of the server. It'll be like ripping off a band-aid, but everyone will forget about it in a week. 

I disagree, the way it's being blown up, and the anger of some of the players on here, there are long time players that have stayed devoted to the faction, it's not a matter of 1 and it's more so 1 and they're gone. A change that causes a shift in player count even more isn't a good one. It isn't gonna fix the balancing issues that US and RU are having, or the disconnect, it's only increasing toxicity and drama that was really uneeded.

14 minutes ago, Witchings said:

I disagree, the way it's being blown up, and the anger of some of the players on here, there are long time players that have stayed devoted to the faction, it's not a matter of 1 and it's more so 1 and they're gone. A change that causes a shift in player count even more isn't a good one. It isn't gonna fix the balancing issues that US and RU are having, or the disconnect, it's only increasing toxicity and drama that was really uneeded.

Literally the only difference that is happening this time around that's different between Navy being removed is all of the attention.
Nobody except the staff team knew about Navy being removed until the day, Me included as FADM.

Let the staff team do their thing, It'll mull over easily enough.

And no, I'm not saying this in support of 1md being removed, I'm saying this as the desicion is inevitable.

I have a few things to say on the matters that were brought up in the replies. 

4 hours ago, shrimp said:

RU has one entry faction. Having two just creates complications.

I'd like to say that this is in fact true. History repeats itself, and right now, the history of having more than 1 Entry is again repeating itself. We can date all the way back to cs_desert with the 3 Entry Faction duration of the server. It didn't go well for long. Within a while Army was suffering due to lack of appeal. I agree a lot with what Shrimps stated. 

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Remove the faction that  has the faction Leader as well as his officers on every single day. As well as warrant officers who have put their time and effort in achieving their ranks as a marine.  

If you're a true faction leader who cares about the betterment of A FACTION rather then YOUR RANK, you'd understand why this will better US side entries. As a leader your first priority should be responsibility for the current state of US. Furthermore, as a US Entry Leader, you need to take into consideration how Army is doing. You should be constantly communicating to Doof about the state of entry factions. Army is NOT doing well in the enlisted side of things, it makes no sense to have more than one entry faction. Your rank shouldn't determine how much you care about your faction. I don't want to in anyway shit on you Micheal, but you're being extremely unprofessional and demonstrating behaviors of a power-hungry leader who only cares about his rank. 

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Half the people commenting on the issue having absolutely nothing to do with marines.

None of these players need to play Marines to understand the state of Entry factions and how they affect the US Side of the server. Simply playing the server and being apart of an entry faction gives them that experience. What you said is the equivalent to saying, "People who have political opinions have nothing to do with the president! So don't have an opinion!". 

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

[Removed for Space]

The picture Phantom provided should be a good example of the competency demonstrated from Michael. I have nothing against Michael and have had few interactions in game with him directly. But seeing some of the responses he's given to players is enough for me to formulate a fact-based opinion on Michael's leadership skills. If the server happens to remove 1MD, MARSOC needs to be given to another leader that will be able to run a SOC faction. Props to Phantom for actually providing some evidence. 

2 hours ago, Michael said:

You never have anything good to say to me dude lol.

Being a leader means taking criticism and handling it when it's received. Do you seriously think Phantom never received ANY criticism in his time as a Leader? You need to learn how to respond to a negative viewpoint on your leadership, because stating, "You have nothing good to say!" will not cut it in the slightest. 

• Spicy 1