/report - suggestion

Chase

Suggestion: Create an automated Garnet Gaming server-wide message that instructs players to use /report for staff.

This seems very easy, but when training people, we are not required to have the trainee make a staff bind to instruct players that staff only respond to /report, and it is very often that players find themselves not seeing the staff members reminder because it is in the regular /ooc color.

Also, staff binds spam chat sometimes, and they are all different, which is confusing to some players. Maybe have the message be blue or red, something players would notice? Chat won’t get annoyed with staff binds and players will know easier how to speak with a staff member.

Edited by garnetgamer
44 minutes ago, TheStoner said:

God forbid we help someone without increasing our precious sit count 😕 but yeah already a thing in @ chat

It's weird, too, because it's sometimes frowned upon to do so. Good topic for the next staff meeting?

Guest proggy
1 hour ago, ZachDLC said:

It's weird, too, because it's sometimes frowned upon to do so. Good topic for the next staff meeting?

I don't mind helping minor issues when people type in @ chat without making a report (i.e. "admin im stuck!"), but it's similar issue to compensating people a gun that they lost when they were RDM'd. If we do it often, players will begin EXPECTING staff to help them without a report, and EXPECTING to be compensated when they are RDM'd.

I would say if someone types in @ chat with something that could be fixed for them within seconds, go ahead and help them out. If its something that will take a little longer tell them to report it.

1 hour ago, ZachDLC said:

100% agree, while most people understand the way you described it @proggy, I do still hear people say you can't do anything staff related without a report. I think it could be clarified in a staff meeting. 

From my interpretation its just that anything singular such as rdm/nlr/etc. needs a sit to be punished for but I find it really just idiotic when staff ignore questions cause they didn't place a sit. But I do see the snowball effect Proggy mentioned come into play from time to time.