Goose Looney- Moderator Application

GooseLooney

2 minutes ago, GooseLooney said:

I have have just updated my application. I believe it is better than last time

You're almost there. The paragraphs are still quite weak, however. I highly suggest reading over them again and removing a good chunk of what you've written. Giving money to players is great, but it doesn't mean you should be staff. Instead, it means you are friendly and willing to help newer players, which is a staff quality. A simple rewording can heavily improve your application. You also talk about events, which don't get me wrong - I love the enthusiasm, but it's a bit too early to talk about events. Once you are on the staff team, you can then apply into the GameMasters division, which is geared towards events. Still, reaching farther than you can isn't a bad thing! Seriously: re read what you've written. You can still give general responses that paint a specific picture of who you are. For instance:

For starters, I am a cut above other applicants due to my schedule. I can be on when other staff are offline, assisting players when no one else is available. Even without the staff rank, I have been helping new players resolve issues and stay on Garnet. For instance, I provide players starting fresh with some starting balance, and explain to them the rules and inner workings of the server, ensuring both their experience and other players experiences are pleasant. I've noticed that recently, reports are not responded to immediately. That is one thing I will change. It is my duty as staff to respond to and assist players, as the player comes first. Speaking of sits: I pride myself on being unbiased. Whether it is a fellow staff, a friend, or a random, I will treat them the same regardless of their personal connection with me, or lack there of. I can be a cut above the rest, because I already am. When I play, others look up to me, and I pride myself on the fact that I can serve as a role model for players. Staff for me is not a title or rank - it is a tool that allows me to assist players like me, ensuring that their experience is compared to that of no other DarkRP server. Thank you for reading. 

Obviously don't use exactly this, but take some pointers to it. Using just the information you provided above, I wrote this paragraph. It may take you more time than it took me, but don't let that defeat you. If you really want something, you've got to try for it. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
18 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

You're almost there. The paragraphs are still quite weak, however. I highly suggest reading over them again and removing a good chunk of what you've written. Giving money to players is great, but it doesn't mean you should be staff. Instead, it means you are friendly and willing to help newer players, which is a staff quality. A simple rewording can heavily improve your application. You also talk about events, which don't get me wrong - I love the enthusiasm, but it's a bit too early to talk about events. Once you are on the staff team, you can then apply into the GameMasters division, which is geared towards events. Still, reaching farther than you can isn't a bad thing! Seriously: re read what you've written. You can still give general responses that paint a specific picture of who you are. For instance:

For starters, I am a cut above other applicants due to my schedule. I can be on when other staff are offline, assisting players when no one else is available. Even without the staff rank, I have been helping new players resolve issues and stay on Garnet. For instance, I provide players starting fresh with some starting balance, and explain to them the rules and inner workings of the server, ensuring both their experience and other players experiences are pleasant. I've noticed that recently, reports are not responded to immediately. That is one thing I will change. It is my duty as staff to respond to and assist players, as the player comes first. Speaking of sits: I pride myself on being unbiased. Whether it is a fellow staff, a friend, or a random, I will treat them the same regardless of their personal connection with me, or lack there of. I can be a cut above the rest, because I already am. When I play, others look up to me, and I pride myself on the fact that I can serve as a role model for players. Staff for me is not a title or rank - it is a tool that allows me to assist players like me, ensuring that their experience is compared to that of no other DarkRP server. Thank you for reading. 

Obviously don't use exactly this, but take some pointers to it. Using just the information you provided above, I wrote this paragraph. It may take you more time than it took me, but don't let that defeat you. If you really want something, you've got to try for it. Good luck!

I appreciate the feedback. I just spent a while on making my paragraph better. Thanks for the pointers.

• Friendly 1

+1. It's not perfect, but it's effort. Most people would have stopped editing and simply deleted their apps by this point. You are not one of those people. I see dedication and a level of maturity in you. Your app is far from spectacular, but it shows work and dedication like few others. I believe with a bit more time on the server and a proper staff training, you'll be a wonderful addition to the team. You can add Buddha to referrals, and I wish you the best of luck. 

• Like 1