Country Promotional Text Change

VBSA

As you know, players now spawn into the server in a neutral zone where they can choose what country to join via reading the text signs. Now I’m sure most of you can agree with me when I say there should be equality and a level-playing field when it comes to promoting either country. To illustrate my point, here are some pictures of the current text signs:
unknown.pngunknown.png

US is referred to as “patriotic” and RU is referred to as “edgy slavs”. I understand that this is a predominantly American server, and that there is an appeal in joining your own country. But to downplay Russia to make it sound less appealing is kind of unfair from a recruitment standpoint. By making the text sign for RU read out “edgy slavs”, it makes it seem like RU is full of minges. Which therefore deters players from joining RU. Apart from that, the numbers in the game have been turned upside down since this incident and started to benefit completely in the name of US. Often the number of US Recruits is higher than the entire RU base army.  I believe this will lead to imbalances in the future, but it may be too early to predict this.

I am aware that the system will not change and will continue like this, but atleast we can change few stuffs.
To fix this problem, I am proposing two solutions. Either make the promotional text for both countries on equal-footing, or just completely remove both.

Edited by VBSA2
typo
  • Like 6
45 minutes ago, VBSA said:

Often the number of US Recruits is higher than the entire RU base army.

Hey not to be toxic, But Welcome to our world.

But Your point is valid and I agree with it.
The idea behind setting them to CIV again was to even out the playerbase, not to dissuade them from playing the other side using negative descriptors like "edgy"

+1

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Homast said:

Hey not to be toxic, But Welcome to our world.

I am aware that in the previous system was kinda little RU sided.But there was no gap as big as in the current system. Most of the people who appeared as Ru recruit were afk on the server.

But we did not come here to discuss this because there is nothing we can do about it. I just mentioned it to highlight something. 

Thx for the +1 ❤️

1+ 

I totally agree with this, but the part where you said that there are more US soldiers now is because of the promotional text, there could be some truth to it but I don't fully agree with it. As you know, before this update you automatically spawned as a Russian Recruit and for there are people who don't know that f4 opens the menu where you can change your job. So, they just think that you're only allowed to join Russia and that it explains why 2GA numbers might have been always high. But now the recruits have to figure out how to open the menu and then they could pick whatever side they want and US could have been the more popular choice.  

Edited by TheOwl
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, TheOwl said:

1+ 

I totally agree with this, but the part where you said that there are more US soldiers now is because of the promotional text.

I'm not saying there are more US soldiers because of promotional text. I think that if the promotional text gets better, it can be balanced a bit more. Because, as you said, US was always the favorite side.I'm not saying it was fair that they were spawned in our base, but the numbers were very close to each other. Yeah it was ru sided a little but it was more balanced then current system. And i believe for fix this we shouldnt change back to old system.  Instead of that we should try to find a way make it more balanced. Thats why i made this suggestion. Maybe it will help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Thanks for the +1 as always ❤️

13 minutes ago, WeirdChamp said:

LULW

That's obviously just a joke, And I can assure you changing it won't help RU numbers, The server being an American server chances are the numbers are always going to be in favor of US because people like to play the country that they are from, It has always been like that before spawn was set to recruit but if it bothers you that much +1 Ig

It probably won't work, but it feels like it won't hurt trying.

I am aware that it is a joke, but not everyone is aware of this. People those playing games to troll around choose the RU side directly. And when they get report for NITRP all they say is "i thougt its okay to be minge".  Thats a problem.

Thank you for the +1 ❤️

Edited by VBSA2
i forget to say thank you ehe
2 hours ago, VBSA said:

It probably won't work, but it feels like it won't hurt trying.

I do agree with this.

I was on the server for about an hour during peak times over the weekend until I saw a really low amount of 2GA. It was so bad that there want even a full line of 2GA during debriefing.  On the other side, it was completely packed with US forces. It had simply gotten to the point where RU didn't stand a chance against the shear amount of US soldiers during a 3 OBJ war. After I resigned as 2GA officer a few days before, I felt bad for VBSA. And to see this happening now, I feel even worse for him.

Edited by MightyGxD
  • Community Director
10 hours ago, VBSA said:

US is referred to as “patriotic” and RU is referred to as “edgy slavs”. I understand that this is a predominantly American server, and that there is an appeal in joining your own country. But to downplay Russia to make it sound less appealing is kind of unfair from a recruitment standpoint.

-1 I think you're over thinking this, it's funny; it's not meant to diss a faction and think that "edgy" is a marketing point.  Also Garnet isn't originally from America so don't understand your point here.

10 hours ago, VBSA said:

Often the number of US Recruits is higher than the entire RU base army.  

This was the issue US had for months, it was just changed give it a week, the fair and neutral choice on civilian will balance numbers out. Text screens are not having an impact on recruitment, I think it's the actual recruiters which to avoid any controversial issues on the thread you can DM me about, even though I've said them 20 times to no avail

10 hours ago, VBSA said:

I believe this will lead to imbalances in the future, but it may be too early to predict this.

^^^ Very very early to predict this, US dealt with this problem for months and managed, just give it a week or so. Afghan managed for years on this system, and RU on Tiaga, Tundra Forest, etc

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, VBSA said:

makes it seem like RU is full of minges.

Afghan survived on this for years, and eventually overcame US by just working hard to deal with the numbers issue. Nothing is worse than literally 90% of the recruits Afghan had running into DB, screaming Allahu Ackbar, and gunning everyone down. Regardless of what the textscreen says, the types of people RU is going to attract is going to be similar (but not nearly as bad) to Afghan (e.g less serious more meme-y). Put in the effort and figure it out.

Tip from somebody who dealt with this issue firsthand: Being 'edgy' side of the server can often be your selling point to draw people over. Where US is the side of the server where a lot of the stuck-up hard assess get their fill, RU's selling point should be that they're the side that knows how to have fun.

Edited by shrimpus
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, VBSA said:

People those playing games to troll around choose the RU side directly. And when they get report for NITRP all they say is "i thougt its okay to be minge".

I mean you being the Marshal of 2GA should have in your training guidelines that the trainers inform recruits of the rules no? NITRP is 3 rule infractions, if you obtain that in your first day of playing, you're not playing seriously, you're playing to mess around and get banned. Either that or the person who trained you is a incompetent or the training material is.

-1, shrimps and Army General Alexander Conway basically put it perfectly. There is little to no harm in it being "edgy slavs". In fact thats probably the best definition of RU on the server, no?

+1 The RU shouldnt have to suffer what so ever we are a faction too and it would be nice if we could be treated fairly with the US  the RU have revived a major hit in players due to this and it hurts me and my fellow officers cause we are slowly dieing and I dont want to lose a good faction Please just hear the RU out

Edited by Realfirebalz2

Im all for a change on the text screen message there. Removing it or changing it to something less off-putting might be for the better in terms of keeping things somewhat balanced for recruiting. I've heard people say that US always has more numbers because the server is US based so recruits are biased towards US, that may be true. But it doesn't help RU to have an off-putting message when joining. +1

US having numbers  for the first time in a very long time is actually a blanace. As you may or may not know RU have Vega and their SOC numbers are higher than US base numers. And let's be honest RU have way more skilled people than what US has and US has been losing a lot of wars. RU also have way more donator classes than US.  I've played on RU before and for those who didn't it's so easy as you don't have to deal with Vega and bunch of Prestiges, RPG's and their Ghillie hitbox.  Even after the change US still lose more wars than RU does so, just let this change stay for a bit and I don't even thing that "edgy slavs" text did anything.  I told my friend about this server and even after seeing the text he joins RU then buys Prestige and RPG.