Button Hold Length

vapr

We all know basing is already difficult against players with even little knowledge on how to make a base, all you need is 1 button and a sniper hole.

The problem I'm going to bring up for this suggestion is the fact that you can click a button for basically a millisecond and shoot when you open it, giving the raider basically 0 chance of returning fire.

This is a well known problem for normal raiders and I believe has an easy fix, making an automatic 1+ second hold length for buttons when you press them giving a more equal fight to opponents. 

Here's a video showing my POV of using this OP method. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roq6z07Wgvw

Another video of me going against a player who was using this method against me, although I am shit at the game you can tell it's stupidly hard to go against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CuPsvFHX1A 

I like the idea. +1. I like the idea because of 3 reasons, 1: it dissuades defenders from tapping the button and one shotting you with a Dlore. 2: Promotes actual skill when defending. 3: (if what had been discussed in the staff meeting does actually happen) It cannot be substituted by a No-clip side shooter.

Since I was yelled at for this not being 20 characters I am forced to make this even longer.

Edited by Kicks
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 1

+1

I believe you were telling me about this a couple of nights ago, and I really liked the idea. It would help balance super fast shooting windows, and would allow raiders a more fair chance of shooting back at the base defenders. Great suggestion!

• Agree 2
16 hours ago, Kicks said:

I like the idea. +1. I like the idea because of 3 reasons, 1: it dissuades defenders from tapping the button and one shotting you with a Dlore. 2: Promotes actual skill when defending. 3: (if what had been discussed in the staff meeting does actually happen) It cannot be substituted by a No-clip side shooter.

Since I was yelled at for this not being 20 characters I am forced to make this even longer.

Completely agree. Having buttons that are held open can really bring a feel for fairness in bases. Once no-colliding is removed or not, this could potentially be a great step for fair bases.

Hopefully in the long run we'll have people who don't just sit in their unraidable bases and play different games, but rather have to provide adequate attention to the base as it will be much easier to raid. +1

-1 Im not against buttons I suggest GG add more tools to go against OP bases. Like EMPs open all fading doors in its blast for like 10 seconds. Not OP at all if balanced correctly. Kill boxes are extremely easy to make on GG and the lack of content GG has makes countering these bases extremely difficult. EMPs could be sold by a blackmarket dealer for X amount of dollars. As of right now the only way to really raid these bases are buying buffs and breaking keypads which makes raiding extremely annoying and useless.

If raiding bases became easier printing would would have to become easier too. As of right now if youre a new player printing money is extremely difficult with how long it takes to make your money back from buying all the upgrades. I suggest more ways for people to make money.

• Disagree 1

+1

In tandem with my suggestion for the revamp of bases using no-collide, this would severely improve raiding, as one can time a button press to the second, and leave no chance for the raider. I would be in full support of a 1 second timer, and maybe a 2 second timer, but nothing past that.

+1 Being a fairly experienced builder, I understand just how powerful correctly built bases can be. This would somewhat level out the field for raiders, giving them at least a chance to react.  There are so many little aspects raiders are hit with when raiding a base and this is one of them. A 1-2 second timer would bring a nice change to raiding!

• 2 months later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.