Ting - MilitaryRP Staff Application

Ting

In-game name: Ting (Virus/Tomb on MARSOC)

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 14 (with permission from Kendal)

SteamID (https://steamid.io/😞 STEAM_0:1:5581624

Warns: 0 active warns.

Timezone: EST

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | MARSOC SSgt Tomb has played for 2810:02:22.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes, both shadowplay and OBS

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Joe Budden | shrimps | Alexander Conway | Remake

Past experiences as staff: Staff twice on Garnet Gaming. DarkRP, achieved the rank of Moderator. MilitaryRP, achieved the rank of Head Moderator. I was also a staff member on multiple servers, all led by an ex-drp staff member.

How do you plan on benefiting our server? 

Garnet Gaming’s MilitaryRP has been a huge factor in my life. I’ve been playing on this server for an extremely long time. I have gone through ups and downs, but always seemed to find Garnet as a home. I am confident in my abilities to maintain and progress through the many staff ranks, as I've done in the past. I believe this is one of my most redeeming qualities. The fact that I am committed to this server, and I am always on, proves my worth to become a staff member. I understand perfectly what a staff member should be. They must be mature, helpful, and committed. I am confident that I maintain all three of those traits with ease. It is clear that I've been immature while on this network. Before I gained the rank of Moderator on MRP, I was seen as immature, and unhelpful. I believe that throughout my time as staff, and in this community, I have improved greatly. People who I used to play with no longer recognize me because of my growing maturity. Overall I believe that I will be able to maintain my staff rank because of my ever-growing maturity, work ethic, and experience with Garnet Gaming.

Now, I could go on about how I would “benefit the server” by taking sits, but that's not what staffing is about. As a staff member, it is clear that you are the face of the server. When I rejoined the server after 2 years, I discussed with a staff member about the server, and how I used to play it. The staff member treated me greatly, and even provided a step by step tutorial on how to complete a donation support ticket. I think that the reason I stayed on this server was because of that. The fact that I was greeted with kindness and assistance was amazing. This is EXACTLY what being a staff member is about, making sure people enjoy their time on the server. If you are met with a staff member that is negative or immature, then that rubs off onto the server. As I am sure, no member of the staff team is like this and that is perfect. So, I would greatly benefit the server by acting as a positive member of the community. Again, all staff members need to be great members of the community, but there is also a need for experience.

As I'm sure you can tell, not everyone on the server has over 2,500 hours. I have a lot of experience playing on GG’s MRP server. So much so, that I have over 3,700 hours on Garry’s Mod. Not only have I played MRP, but I was also a DRP main as well. I was able to obtain over 800 hours on the DarkRP server, and was a respected member of the community there. I obtained a staff position there, but due to lack of leadership I left. The reason I bring up this experience is because I believe I can be a leader in this community. I led SSO back in 2019 and did pretty well. I am confident that if I hadn’t left the server so soon, I could have achieved a rank higher than Head Moderator. Generally, because of my experience, I am the perfect fit for staff.

Ok, That was a lot of information, so I want to compress it down into a few sentences. I believe that as a staff member, you are required to be a leader and a role model for everyone. This quality alone is what makes the GG staff team so strong. So, because of my experience in leading, and with staff, I would be able to perform the duties of a staff member with ease. All the while making sure that people are greeted with a friendly face.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: I have no bans on the MRP banlist, though I have been banned in the past for accidental mass.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes, December 10th, 2018 (DarkRP). April 11th, 2019 (MilitaryRP). Both were accepted.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I have time to play about 3/4 hours everyday, with the exception of Tuesdays and Thursdays in which I have about 2 hours. 

Edited by Ting
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 1
  • Sad 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 3

If my referral as GM Director matters for anything, go ahead and tag me on there. 

Ting has been coming to me with a lot of questions, as well as drive and determination, as to how to better involve themselves in the community and make progress towards bettering it in a variety of ways. Despite being on the younger side, my interactions with Ting have been nothing but mature and very professional, which is something the staff team could and will always benefit from. 

+1

• Creative 1

+1

I am not MRP staff, but I've known Ting for a very long time now. Mature, intuitive, friendly, helpful, and just in general an outstanding player, Ting would be the perfect staff. If I could refer you, I would. Not to mention, you have shrimp vouching for you, who I put a lot of trust in. Good luck Ting! (Not that you're going to need it)

• Like 1

+1. Not only have you previously been staff, and a good one at that, you are also always helpful, welcoming and kind to the people around you. The only time you are "immature" is when you are around your friends and thats perfectly fine. I have known you since you were head-mod for the first time around and you have always put in time on the server when ever you can and have a good attitude with an unbiased mindset. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Community Director

+1 - Ting, you've had your toxic streaks, but you've moved past it. You're active, and show real care for the server and it's players.  Your application is well written.  Add me to referrals, so long as you stop shitposting on the forums. 

• Cringe 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 Ting is one of those people that many would think is a retard, but most of the time when I’m with him he can show more leadership than a lot of the people I’ve met here. And of course at the same time he’s a friendly face to those new to the server and old. Easy +1

• Like 1

+1, For the past 2 weeks that Ting has been in Marsoc and other times that I have talked to him he has shown that he cares for the server and wishes to help, as Conway stated he may have toxic moments but I can see he’s gotten better. Add me to referrals 

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Toxic 1
  • Spicy 1

Any encounter i've had with Ting has been positive. Whenever talks have went around of improving US SOC or just in general, any improvement, Ting is quick to talk and bring up ideas. I can see him as a staff member who cares MORE about the well being of the server, rather than his own rank and sit count. Ting will 100% care about the community over his own personal gains. Big +1.

• Agree 1