DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Homast - MRP Staff Application

Homast

In-game name: Homast / Homast Belvedere

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 20

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:70469215

Warns: 0 Warns

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | 11A BG Homast Belvedere has played for 1865:45:33.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None at the moment

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Former Mod on GarnetGaming (CsDesert & Chariakar/Nuristan Era), These were 

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]  I plan on benefitting our server, by being one of many active individuals who are able to help both newer players, and older players alike with understanding their views, and diffusing situations when I can.
At the moment, I see that a lot of the time, Sits can go 1 of 2 ways. X person is reported, and Gets Warned, then gets salty in chat about the fact that they got warned for something so minor. OR  X person is reported, gets warned, then for some reason the reporter gets salty at the person after the report? My intention as staff, is to make sure that all parties come away from a sit understanding of what transpired. Let me give a more specific example:  11B SGT John  Doe just buys Nailgunner, Goes to war, but is unfamiliar with the blast radius of the Matador and accidentally knicks his legs in the blast. 2GA SGT Vladimir Vladinsky Reports him because he feels like what just happened was a cheap udnerhanded tactic. 2GA SGT comes into the sit ranting and raving, and when warned, 11B SGT goes away sour at the fact they just spent 50$ USD (78CAD) and are getting in trouble for it.
In this scenario, What I would do, Is explain to 2GA SGT that he had just bought the class, and perhaps underestimated the blast radius (Mainly because of people saying it's a tiny radius) and that it's an understandable offense, but will still be dealt with.  For 11B SGT, I would explain to him that typically a Matador isn't meant to be used for Breach and Clearing a building while you're entering through the door, It's mainly meant to deal with large groups from further away, and that next time they should be more careful next time, but I will need to punish them. 
Hopefully in this optimistic scenario, They both head back to Raid/War Not as sour as they might have if nothing was explained, and a warn was just slapped onto someone and they were told "Ya self damaged"

Another way I plan on benefitting the server, is by providing perhaps, an alternate viewpoint on things, such as rules bent. While a Trial Mod, or even Mods opinion may not matter that much compared to that of a Headmod, Trial Admin, Admin, or Head Admin, I do believe that all angles should be covered when discussing things like this. Without considering all possible angles, we tend to jump to conclusions. Allow me to reference a more recent event of Silos ban. Staff team only had a clip of him killing someone through a wall, they then banned him. But when overwhelming support for Silo came out, they went to actually test if it was possible to get that by accident, which is what they found, thus proving that at the very least, he wasn't guilty.  Taking all evidence into consideration is also a key factor in what I believe it takes to be a good staff member. Take Mass Bans, You have to not only just check the Logs, but if it was during a raid, you gotta get a raid screenshot too, to make sure that the people killing/killed were part of the raiding party, or if there was confusion about a claim that some privates didn't know about, you have to check advert logs to see what time an area was claimed and check for the requisite 15 seconds

Also, Witchhunting is bad, There have been moments within the past month or 2 that I've been internally "Yeah uhh.... This isn't really something that should be going on..." A way I plan on limit this, is to offer to take over sits or such, that are going on with similarly ranked staff members, if I know they are being held with people that staff member doesn't particularly like.  I know this won't count towards my sit count, But in reality, Sit count is just to see how many people have reported people and you've clicked on, Not a true descriptor of how many people you've helped.

Finally, The last way I plan on aiding the server, is by being an individual that people aren't afraid to come to about their problems with things. I tend to see myself as approachable at most times However, I understand that even I have days where I'm less than friendly.  As people around me have said, "Honey attracts more than Vinegar" or whatever the quote was, And I agree with that. Staff members should be some of the friendliest people on the server, However they also should know when to draw a line, And with my experience, I feel I know when to draw said line.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details Punished, Yes, Several times I've been warned, but this, again was back during CsDesert to Nuristan Era before I had taken my break from the community. Banned - Yes, Twice.  Once was for being negligent and leaving my computer unlocked while I had went to go and do some chores, A sibling of mine had thought it would be hilarious to turn my hard work, into 5 seconds of shitty Call of Duty. And the other time I had gotten banned, was mainly due to misunderstanding, I had been banned for Mass RDM while countering a kidnap that was false to begin with. A kidnap had transpired at the CsDesert OC, And I saw it, and countered it. But my slow monkey brain back then didn't actually process that it was false since I believe the rule had recently changed. I had attempted to Appeal it, not expecting to be unbanned, and my expectations were reality.
And if it counts, I was banned by Simone for a total of 30 seconds by mistake this week.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:  I have made a total of 4 Staff applications, with this one being the 4th. My last one got ignored for the most part in about Late April, Early May of 2019

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: On most days my Work day ends at 4:30, And I get home close to 6.  So from 6 til 12 I suppose I'd be available to be on to perform staff duties

Edited by Homast
Edited to improve Quality
  • Like 5

While I enjoy your staff application, as I can tell you worked on it. The fact that it only consists of a few sentences and one LONG example is kinda unnecessary. While normally I am not a person who complains about length, but instead quality. There is just not enough quality in these 1 1/2 paragraphs. I think that you have potential to become staff, but since you've been banned in the past and you seem to have a lazy attitude -1. There is also people going around saying that you used your brother as an excuse when you got banned, but I have no intentions of starting rumors.

PS: you can see it in previous staff applications from very respected members. I remember back on desertv2 Dan Gardner applied (he was a VERY respected member) but he was denied because of his ban in the way way past.

EDIT: The fact that you took the extra time to improve on what I had said before is remarkable. i’m glad you took the time to look it over and edited it very well. I’m changing this reply to a +1. I’m sure that you have to capability to become staff. BUT I still want to see you become less lazy (which editing this post has helped). Well done, and keep up the good work.

Edited by Ting
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
21 minutes ago, Ting said:

While I enjoy your staff application, as I can tell you worked on it. The fact that it only consists of a few sentences and one LONG example is kinda unnecessary. While normally I am not a person who complains about length, but instead quality. There is just not enough quality in these 1 1/2 paragraphs. I think that you have potential to become staff, but since you've been banned in the past and you seem to have a lazy attitude -1. There is also people going around saying that you used your brother as an excuse when you got banned, but I have no intentions of starting rumors.

PS: you can see it in previous staff applications from very respected members. I remember back on desertv2 Dan Gardner applied (he was a VERY respected member) but he was denied because of his ban in the way way past.

To be fair my ban was a lot different. Chargebacks and Cheating bans are the only two things I think you can't come back from. Then obviously advertising and Dox/DOS threats are in there too but that's pretty self explanatory and people that do that don't tend to come back anyways.

That's just my piece, Homast's bans were a long time ago and insignificant (some staff members have outright gotten away with MassRDM and were allowed to stay on the team, including myself around the time his bans happened), and from what I remember he's always been a genuine and trustworthy person. +1

• Cringe 1
  • Informative 1

In my opinion, You are probably one of the most chill people over on army in my eyes. You are always a chill guy in and outside of anytype of rp. I honestly think you are someone who would be perfect for the staff team. Massive +1 from me. If anyone should be picked up for staff right now it should be homast

• Friendly 1

Going to start off by saying I have nothing against you.

Now due to your bans I feel like you are probably not the best person to have on representing the staff team. One more thing, your paragraph on how you plan to benefit the sever shouldn't require staff to accomplish. If someone were go buy nailgunner and self damage it is their responsibly to read the rules before donating to the server.

Like I said nothing against you but -1

• Informative 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

-1 I really feel like you’re a good guy, I do. You’d be a great staff member in the near future possibly, but I just don’t think you’re ready now. Bans, in-game experience with you, how you deal with people under you, and overall maturity are lacking some what in your area. Although, I feel like you’d be a decent staff member I just don’t feel as though you’d positively affect the community as a staff member. As @Ting had stated you have a lazy attitude/arrogance, especially to let your brother accidentally mass like that as well (which could be a lie but I don’t  really know). Your bans are definitely a problem but not the main problem, it’s more of what was in the ban that was the problem. Your paragraphs are fine but should have more effort and like Ting stated “More quality”. 

I might change my opinion, because I’m on the verge of +1ing. But I’d like to see more out of you, so I might swap over to US or hop into the TS to see you in action. 

EDIT: I’ve decided to change my mind. +1 you’ve changed your paragraphs and seeing how you operate in game makes me think you’ll be a perfect staff member.

Edited by RegretTheManEater
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
2 hours ago, RegretTheManEater said:

-1 I really feel like you’re a good guy, I do. You’d be a great staff member in the near future possibly, but I just don’t think you’re ready now. Bans, in-game experience with you, how you deal with people under you, and overall maturity are lacking some what in your area. Although, I feel like you’d be a decent staff member I just don’t feel as though you’d positively affect the community as a staff member. As @Ting had stated you have a lazy attitude/arrogance, especially to let your brother accidentally mass like that as well (which could be a lie but I don’t  really know). Your bans are definitely a problem but not the main problem, it’s more of what was in the ban that was the problem. Your paragraphs are fine but should have more effort and like Ting stated “More quality”. 

I might change my opinion, because I’m on the verge of +1ing. But I’d like to see more out of you, so I might swap over to US or hop into the TS to see you in action. 

-1 Regret sums up how i feel pretty well here. Honestly, the ban for me isn't that big of an issue since the past is the past. Just work on those attitude issues and reapply in about a month if you've feel you fixed them and you'll be a good staff member.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • The Garnut
8 hours ago, Ting said:

There is also people going around saying that you used your brother as an excuse when you got banned, but I have no intentions of starting rumors.

Really simple solution here, your account, your responsibility. This applies to getting hacked. There's no excuse to not secure your account properly - things like mobile authentication exist.

So yes, you may use that aginst him. However, it's been a hot minute, so I wouldn't hold it against him at this point.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 7

Homast, throughout the years, has always been and still is one of the most level-headed and competent people in this community, and is extremely knowledgeable about past precedents and mistakes the staff team has made in the past. Dude knows his shit, and has time and time again proven to be a valuable member of the community in terms of both personal contribution and leadership. Bans don't mean shit to me, and they shouldn't to anybody else, unless the person in question was doing something intentionally malicious in order to harm to the community, which is certainly not the case here.

+1

• Friendly 1

When homast was in my Green Beret he was easily one of the most respectable and level headed people in it. He's a pretty charismatic guy and someone that from what I see cares more about the community than his own agenda or something. When I was pushing for him to get an officer position in my GB, he wanted to stay army to help out more than just an SOC. Good guy overall, and I've never seen him freak out or lose his cool. +1