Report on Kendal & Conway

Bendak

13 minutes ago, Jackal said:

it is way more likely that they did a promo once per day

except if they did then there would be logs of him being at SOCM, which he wasnt. Then in the same day he got to SOCS he goes to ENS. That's mass promotion.

in the case of Alex Pip I would have as well given the dude's past track record and being a known cheater for the past year+

What track record? If he's a known cheater then there's gotta be evidence for it.

is unfortunate that the dude is unbanned since I know the dude is guilty but still what can you do.

You can post evidence. That's what you can do. If you know the dude is guilty 100%, then that means you have seen or have evidence yourself. So let's see it. 

I would think it is safe to say that you probably don't have the best judgement or rather maybe be the least bit trustworthy in situations like this.

That is not relevant to this situation at all. None of this has to do with me.  I don't know what you are trying to gain from this. 

Edited by Bendak
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6
  • Community Director

I will only comment on my side of the report.

You make effortless claims about cooldowns and MassPromotions which you as a veteran of this server know, there is no administration impositions on Enlisted Cooldowns, as there are to Warrant Officer and Officer. Just because I fail to update the roster in time with the days the promotions are issued does not mean that they were done at that exact time. It's no secret I am in TeamSpeak/Discord both when I am at US Naval Reserve Base Duty and  my IRL 9-5 job. Google Docs/Sheets on a phone are well. Shit. 

48 minutes ago, Bendak said:

The probationary period was skipped completely, then promoted every day all the way to SOCS in 4 days.

Which you can see was completely removed the next day anyway. Not sure how this is relevant.

50 minutes ago, Bendak said:

In the same day that he got SOCS, he was promoted up to ENS, skipping SOCM

Regardless if I wanted a former COL as an O-1 or not, by not restricting myself to set guidelines of cooldowns, there is nothing to say I can't do hour to hour cooldowns. SOCM is a rank not in place and is a rank similar to SMMC and SMA, this was allowed by Management PRIOR to Kendal even leaving GB, so again not relevant. 

7GvqQyA.png

Day 1 @ 10:17 PM.

IdpI6gj.png

Day 3 @ 6:18 PM

6gDeknI.png
Day 4 @ 4:48 PM

txbeVQi.png

Day 5 @ 1:00 PM

s1K8EfN.png

Day 6 @ 4:26 PM

LgPY0jD.png

Day 6 @ 8:17

57 minutes ago, Bendak said:

over the course of 4 days. Four fucking days

*6 - Six Day

First to deal with is the Mass Promotion of himself in SEALS. 

SOCS is my version of Officer Cadet, as the navy does not use it, and SOCM is for SMA use, they had to do all of their Specializations before being promoted past SOCS, which included leading a tryout and they fufilled them - again, not NEEDED to wait ANY amount of time, even a day or 24 hours or whatever, I appointed them. [http://prntscr.com/rb6spn]

Now before I go on, I am aware that there aren't any actual rules listed in the MOTD on enlisted promotions.

However, there was still mass promo nonetheless. 

Mass Promotion? No. Simply put, if I want to do an hour cooldown or a day, I can.  Simply put. There is no rule against it, but you said that already, so I'm unclear why you posted it, knowing it's not against the rules. I  agree I'm not the best leader, but hey at least I'm active. 

5 minutes ago, Bendak said:

except if they did then there would be logs of him being at SOCM, which he wasnt. Then in the same day he got to SOCS he goes to ENS. That's mass promotion.

Refer to my comment about SOCM

TD;LR - No it's not mass promotion, as there are NO rules or guidelines prohibiting such. 

[I'd like to note that you're in 1-2 discords dedicated to remove me/get me banned.]

• Cringe 3
  • Spicy 1
  • Disagree 2
4 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

txbeVQi.png

Day 5 @ 1:00 PM

s1K8EfN.png

Day 6 @ 4:26 PM

LgPY0jD.png

Day 6 @ 8:17

Okay, So he went up 2 ranks in a single day? 

5 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

Mass Promotion? No. Simply put, if I want to do an hour cooldown or a day, I can.  Simply put. There is no rule against it, but you said that already, so I'm unclear why you posted it, knowing it's not against the rules. I  agree I'm not the best leader, but hey at least I'm active. 

My comments about knowing there's no enlisted rules but saying there was mass promo was directed at the fact that he went up an enlisted Rank in one Day and one Officer Rank. Also as an addition to cement bias, you removed the probationary period for him, then once he got all the way up you re-instated it. Why even remove it in the first place?

8 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

[I'd like to note that you're in 1-2 discords dedicated to remove me/get me banned.]

I actually don't know what you're talking about.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Trust me wish I could but given the circumstance I physically can't

Okay, so that means that your evidence will incriminate someone else or you. What circumstance besides you or someone else scripting to catch a scripter prevent you from posting it? 

9 minutes ago, Jackal said:

When you make a post about whether or not someone is bias or breaking a rule and you yourself have a history of doing shady shit that ultimately means you may be a lot less trustworthy. So me making a comment questioning the validity of your claims considering your past isn't hard to grasp

Again, not related to this server. So what's the point?

• Community Director
1 minute ago, Bendak said:

My comments about knowing there's no enlisted rules but saying there was mass promo was directed at the fact that he went up an enlisted Rank in one Day and one Officer Rank. Also as an addition to cement bias, you removed the probationary period for him, then once he got all the way up you re-instated it. Why even remove it in the first place?

I brought back SN because my CDR wanted it - not because Kendal was in my faction. Have some sort of evidence to back up your claims

http://prntscr.com/rb6y27

4 minutes ago, Bendak said:

Okay, So he went up 2 ranks in a single day? 

It was for the next day, I wasn't staying up till 12:00 Midnight to issue a promotion. No one ever has referred to google doc time stamps as concrete timestamps like in game logs. Out of these promotions 5 of them were done after or before the promotion was given. 

It's not breaking the rules if there's not a rule in the first place. They typed rules for Warrant Officer and Officer, they didn't even put 1 day for enlisted so it makes no sense while you're saying "IN THE SAME DAY" - it's not prohibited ANYWHERE.

1 minute ago, Alex Conway said:

I brought back SN because my CDR wanted it

SO3 was your probationary rank. You got rid of it being probationary, then promoted kendal. Then you re-instated probationary period at a different rank.

2 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

It was for the next day, I wasn't staying up till 12:00 Midnight to issue a promotion.

Thanks for admitting to it lmao. Why wouldn't you just like, idk, wait until the next day? 

• Community Director
10 minutes ago, Bendak said:

SO3 was your probationary rank. You got rid of it being probationary, then promoted kendal. Then you re-instated probationary period at a different rank.

Even if it was, who says I have to follow my cooldowns, it's not in the server rules. Again I'll throught back

1 hour ago, Bendak said:

Now before I go on, I am aware that there aren't any actual rules listed in the MOTD on enlisted promotions.

http://prntscr.com/rb71cz You're right, don't know why you keep arguing. 

10 minutes ago, Bendak said:

Thanks for admitting to it lmao. Why wouldn't you just like, idk, wait until the next day? 

Admitting I didn't break a server rule, because there isn't one! Damn. Why would I wait? When I don't have to. Doc Timestamps aren't always when the PROMOTION happens, I do them before or after I don't hold up my debrief with editing docs. Read below:

52 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Sure I could been a little more open to the report and considering everything but Conway as the faction leader of SEALs didn't violate the rules thus it doesn't warrant a punishment which doesn't take much effort to realize once using your head and being aware that there isn't a set in stone rule for enlisted promotions.

Edited by AlexConway

I'm going to say this.

Bendak you're out to get Kendal because you think he has something against you

Proven by this Discord Screenshot
d0dd9e3e64a19bc23e03fe901b871eb1.png

You clearly thought that kendal was going after you for something, And while this isn't an Official GG discord, your conduct is still disgusting regardless.

-1 On the report for Kendal because you are biased against him.

and you want to talk about Bias.. smh
Edited to clarify names with better Names. 

Edited by Homast
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

So to me, this looks like more of an attack on my character and less than something you're doing for the good of the community. I appreciate that you want to point out the mistakes I've made in the past, however I myself have owned up to those mistakes and am making changes to better the way that I handle things as a staff member and ultimately the manager of the community.

The silo ban has been dealt with, I even spoke to Garnet on it after the fact. That happened before I got manager, and I was still promoted to manager after that. I owned up to my mistake, spending a lot of time going over every possibility trying to find ways that what Silo did wasn't hacking or exploiting purposefully. I didn't work on that ban myself either. It wasn't just me flying Solo, if you talked to Silo you'd know we brought him into the TS channel after his ban to let him give his side of the story to us through voice before he made an appeal. He knew that all of the staff in the channel had agreed that Silo should have been banned. Now I will say, the ban WAS a mistake. I've admitted that many times in the past, and it is one of the things I look back on often reminding me of mistakes I made as a staff member. The -Silo ban to me is a constant reminder that as high as I go as a staff member, I will always make mistakes, and I by no means am the perfect staff member.

The Alex Pip ban is a whole other monster on it's own. At the time we had been trying hard to get Evidence on him over a long period of time. Anytime we went to spectate him, he would go from Vega level of skill with a sniper to 11B PV2 levels. So I figured that we were hard pressed to get any evidence on him at all given that his Player skill was incredibly inconsistent when we would spectate him. So I went with an alternative method which I still won't share to avoid it getting out, however I can let you know that nothing external was used to catch Alex Pip. It was done with little known tricks staff can use that are already on the server. 
Now I had recorded quite a chunky bit of him fighting war, and his skill was on par with Vega for the entirety of the war, no inconsistency whatsoever when I used the alternative method. From what I saw, it warranted a ban. I banned him shortly after checking the clip multiple times to try and see if I could debunk anything I saw (Which I learned to do after the Silo Ban) and then I hit him with the ban. From my end of things, again, I am willing to admit my mistakes. I left the evidence on my boot drive, in a recording folder I use specifically for hacking evidence. I forgot to change the settings of my recording software to save other clips in a different location to avoid cluttering that folder, and so when I went to show Garnet the evidence, I spent a long time looking for it only to Realize that the evidence had been corrupted and Buried under a mountain of war recordings, snipe clips, ban evidence, etc. 
Once I realized what had happened, I worked on finding Alex Pip's steam ID to unban him. I made a mistake in where I put the evidence, and in turn I unbanned Alex Pip. 

So in all of what you have brought up as "Kendal not being fit for Manager". A lot of it is assumptions, with no founding proof that I was doing anything malicious with the two mistakes I've made which you pointed to. I didn't know Alex Pip as a person, I didn't know Silo as a person. There was no reason for me to Ban them other than the fact that the staff team was competent that they were breaking the rules. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Homast said:

Bendak you're out to get Kendal because you think he has something against you

I've been spectated multiple times. I've had multiple staff at the lower ranks come to me and tell my that I am being targeted by staff to get me banned for cheating.  So yeah, I have my own thoughts on how the staff operates and how I feel in the eyes of staff. This post was not made because I think Kendal is out to get me though. This post was made to shine light on actions that he has had a hand in, which I am actually not involved in at all really. This report wasn't made to defend myself in any means. The goal of this post was to focus on upholding standards for the entire server to understand and follow. 

Guest Gildarts

Ill talk to garnet later about this report. 
but this is a reason why I had said all perm bans should go through me for reasons like this.

1 minute ago, Bendak said:

I am being targeted by staff to get me banned for cheating.  So yeah, I have my own thoughts on how the staff operates and how I feel in the eyes of staff.

If you play suspiciously, you're going to be spectated, As a veteran of the server, you'd know this better than anyone.

28 minutes ago, Milton said:

So I went with an alternative method which I still won't share to avoid it getting out,

That is the problem. Evidence shouldn't have to be hidden. All evidence should be shown so the players know that staff are actually upholding their own standards. Failure to provide evidence can set a dangerous precedent. If no evidence is shown, there is a large trust gap between the staff and the community, since this means that staff could ban anyone with an excuse of cheating without providing any valid evidence to back up these claims.

30 minutes ago, Milton said:

So to me, this looks like more of an attack on my character and less than something you're doing for the good of the community.

My goal is not to attack your character, however your character is shown through your actions as a manager. The goal was to ensure that a persons actions are not left unchecked, and that the standards we set for ourselves are being upheld for everyone. 

I am refusing to reply on this further, since Gildarts will be talking to Garnet about this personally.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
3 hours ago, Alex Conway said:

SOCM is a rank not in place and is a rank similar to SMMC and SMA

Well according to the screenshotts of the docs, SOCM is equivalent to the Navy rank of Master Chief Petty Officer, E9. There is still a rank above this in enlisted which would Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy,  which would be the equivalent to SMA or SMMC. SOCM, or in common rank terms MCPO, would be equivalent to Sergeant Major. I'm staying neutral in this whole debacle, but would like to point out this as it seems necessary to the main point.