Possibility of Map change? V2

Nutter

Public Poll  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Map options

• Echo - Keep the current map
    • Delta - map prior to Echo, well made, optimized desert map, timed killhouse, modern features
    • Chaharikar - Dusk desert map low detail, town objective, heavy fog, missing textures
    • Taiga V3 - Fall map | re-skin of Chaharikar with extra details and trees - lower FPS
    • Siberia - Snow night-time map, atmospheric, optimized

• Community Director

You don't here this often but I 100% agree with Jackal.

6 hours ago, Jackal said:

Chaharikar was the best time imo for the server. Really good PVP, balanced weapons, the map complemented gun play, etc. The map right now unfortunately doesn’t do that much for me other than looking nice. Would love to see Chaharikar or Taigav3 again so both those have my support.

Even despite the MP5A5 Meta, which was able to be combated with basic skills - Chaharikar was a great map - even in terms of PVP  and weaponry, I'd love to see vehicle come back. Construction/Town was by far my favorite objective with the mixed styles of gameplay. 

• The Garnut
1 hour ago, VibeVibe said:

If the map is changed back to Chaharikar are vehicles being added back a possibility.

I have already considered that, and I'm leaning towards "yes".

• Like 1
  • Spicy 5
1 minute ago, Garnet said:

I have already considered that, and I'm leaning towards "yes".

Leaning more towards the Delta implementation where only Officers could spawn them, or Everyone can spawn whatever they have?

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, Homast said:

Leaning more towards the Delta implementation where only Officers could spawn them, or Everyone can spawn whatever they have?

delta-style where it was restricted to officers, and officer classes would be capped at 1-2.

• 300 IQ 1
  • The Garnut

Spent all the way until 4AM getting the map ready, I assume tomorrow it will be finalized, and we could start playing it as early as Sunday. The reason for this is because the version of Chaharikar we used on the server was forever lost, and all we were able to retrieve was the day-1 beta from veteran players such as redcrypt. I have to texture and re-optimize a big portion of the map, otherwise, we would've gotten worse performance than the current map.

edit: Granted Chaharikar is a very empty map, I have managed to boost up its FPS with the mapping experience I've acquired over the past 3 years, and we're now looking at a 35% FPS improvement over the current map when comparing Chaharikar's town to current town

NVxHjhy.png

• Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Winner 6
Guest Gildarts
5 hours ago, Garnet said:

Spent all the way until 4AM getting the map ready, I assume tomorrow it will be finalized, and we could start playing it as early as Sunday. The reason for this is because the version of Chaharikar we used on the server was forever lost, and all we were able to retrieve was the day-1 beta from veteran players such as redcrypt. I have to texture and re-optimize a big portion of the map, otherwise, we would've gotten worse performance than the current map.

edit: Granted Chaharikar is a very empty map, I have managed to boost up its FPS with the mapping experience I've acquired over the past 3 years, and we're now looking at a 35% FPS improvement over the current map when comparing Chaharikar's town to current town

NVxHjhy.png

Actually I have Chaharikar and its revisions.

I just have to find where I uploaded every map to a repository

Edited by Gildarts
4 hours ago, Gildarts said:

Actually I have Chaharikar and its revisions.

I just have to find where I uploaded every map to a repository

Welp, that would have been good to know earlier LOL. Garnet worked his literal ass checks off last night to try and get 200+ FPS on town (While having Hammer open, and streaming).