Dash's Staff App

Dash

In-game name: GRU JSG SCARECROW

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 17

SteamID (https://steamid.io/ ) STEAM_0:0:214928164

Warns: none

Timezone: PST

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | SSO SNS Scarecrow has played for 501:35:12.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] 

Past experiences as staff: 6v6 Retronix CSGO Combat Surf ServerManager(CLOSED), GarnetGaming MRP T-Mod(CLOSED)

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

When I joined the server it looked kinda like a joke where you can mess around. My mind changed as soon as I began to progress the ranks and noticed how great the community is. However, as I continued playing the game I began to notice lots of rule breaking that shouldn't be even thought about(mass rdm, NITRO, and etc. That's where I can show myself and excel. Reducing the amount of rule breaking to a minimum. Garnet isn't like other MRP servers. It's a server with a really hilarious, healthy, and positive community that I want to be a part of and help improve. I want to reflect that energy to the whole community when I am doing staff duties. Joining the server, not knowing what to do. The community was very opening to me and helped me progress. A lot of staff helped me learn what to do during peacetime, war time, DB time, what happens during sits, and etc.

Yes, when I was on staff previously and I became inactive. I was just in a mind set where I wasn't thinking straight. However, now I can ensure the community that I am 100% into this role and want to progress. Ever since I joined back I have been very chill and enjoyed having conversations with other people. I haven't gotten mad at all(which is a very good sight to see that I have improved from the past). I will put myself into times on the server where there is little to no players, no staff on, or whenever I am needed. I want to give the players info that they do not know. Since I have my previous staff experience I know how to handle situations. Whenever the sit was made for jokes, or it was a sit that needs to be taken care of right away, I know I can handle myself and do my job. I am very easy to talk to. I really don't care how dumb the question is, I believe that if a player does not know a simple thing that is fine because they are here to learn. A staff member is supposed to be there during situations that are critical and I am ready to do that whenever it is needed.My previous time on GG includes talking with other staff members about ongoing situations, talking to the community and helping out and resolving issues. I was able to improve teamwork and communication on both sides of the game .

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details

ACC MASS RDM -I used GB Breacher Class in the middle of a RU Raid not having the white list(this ban was almost a year ago)

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes, my T MOD App

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: At least 4-6+ hours a day. Even more pretty much.

Edited by Dash
name change
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

-1 I Don't feel like you have matured enough yet to take this role of staff position,I see potential in you I really do but as of right now..... Not ready yet

Good luck

Edited by Dexx
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Okay didn't actually think I'd be changing my response.

Ever since I've given you some advice to get more well known you've done it, when I was on US I remember seeing you going into the army TS. Even more recently going into the 2GA channel to socialize. I haven't had the most glorious experience with SSO and you stood out amongst them being mature (Minus the one time you talked over my body when we didn't know each other. Which you never did again.) 

Honestly a decent dude who took some advice to heart to change.

+1 from me

Edited by Hofman
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, Hofman said:

I mean this in the nicest way.

Everybody who has +1 is a member of SSO, not to say that their opinion is not valid but just that you don't seem to branch out much. Every now and then I'll hop in 2GA and GRU TS, I barley if never see you interacting with anybody outside of your own TS channel. 

I would suggest getting out more and even talking in OOC and hoping in 2GA TS every now and then for war. Nothing against you just would like to see you interacting a bit more

-1 for now. 

Dash is a very social and friendly guy. I've never seen Dash be unfriendly or cold to someone; it's quite the opposite. Dash has an outgoing personality, able to confidently communicate and make friends with most people he talks to. The reason you don't see him in your previous channel is because he didn't have the password for it, despite being previous GB and close with UB and Crypt, previous COLs. He is often in 2GA TS during wartime, helping 2GA out and talking to them during war. He has also frequently been visiting the Army TS and interacting with them. You are right - Dash could be a little more talkative in OOC, but that isn't the most detrimental thing for a staff. He has been in the community for about 2 years now, was a pleasure to be around on Siberia and Taiga Forest, and was known by almost everyone. I say you give him a little more time (and your channel password if you want to talk to him so bad).

+1

I have personally known Dash for an upwards of 6 years in real life, and can confidently back up his claims he has made in his staff application. He is competent, well mannered, friendly, outgoing, and can really help the MilitaryRP staff team thrive. If this was DarkRP, you would have had my referral. Good luck!

• Informative 1
  • Agree 1

Don’t wanna come off as some sort of SSO bias but so far from your transition into SSO you’ve been very mature and nothing but respectful and chill and you’ve had your fair share of experience from both sides of the spectrum with being former DF but besides that’s here’s a none BiAs  +1 

good luck 🙂