DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

41st Player Models

Malmood

Looking at the 41st Elite Corps player models, they look a bit animated / cartoonish. I believe the 41st Faction should have the same variety of player models as the other factions. I have found a model pack that compares well to the other faction's player models, keeping the 41st green within the playermodels, and looking a lot more presentable and a lo less cartoonish. It is obvious that I have no control of what player model is for each class, but I do have a opinion. This will ensure accuracy to roleplay and make for some accurate lore. When it comes to the Green Battalion Playermodels, they will also be in the same pack to keep there from being an addon list.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133033994

41st Trooper : Rifleman should be paired up with  the Trooper PlayerModel

41st Trooper : Medic should be paired up with  the Lieutenant PlayerModel

41st Trooper : Heavy should be paired up with the Sergeant PlayerModel

41st Trooper : Sniper should be paired up with the Kashyyyk Trooper PlayerModel

41st Trooper : Officer should be paired up with the Captain PlayerModel

41st Trooper : Commander should be paired up with Commander PlayerModel

Green Battalion : Sniper should be paired up with Kashyyyk Trooper PlayerModel

Green Battalion : Commander should be paired up with the  Major PlayerModel

41st_Player_Models.png

Edited by Malmood

The only reason why I wanna -1 is because then more people will want the Battlefront 2 HD models instead of the CGI models (I think it'd be nice if we could all do the Battlefront 2 HD models, but that means downloads will be a lot longer because they're bigger files) If we do a swap over to Battlefront 2 models, I could possibly look for the models for all of the legions/battalions. But that's the point of the CGI models, they're meant to look more like from the CGI animations and whatnot, and ofc be a smaller file size for the server, which also reduces some lag.

I just want to point out that changing Battlefront 2 models would require changing all the server models to Battlefront 2 (I would assume). I know these look much better, however their file size is generally large, and I don't think it would be good for server load in times. 

3 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

The only reason why I wanna -1 is because then more people will want the Battlefront 2 HD models instead of the CGI models (I think it'd be nice if we could all do the Battlefront 2 HD models, but that means downloads will be a lot longer because they're bigger files) If we do a swap over to Battlefront 2 models, I could possibly look for the models for all of the legions/battalions. But that's the point of the CGI models, they're meant to look more like from the CGI animations and whatnot, and ofc be a smaller file size for the server, which also reduces some lag.

I see what you are saying, but comparing to the other factions, we are ons of the only ones that have a cartoonish look to our player models. considering the player models I suggested compare well to the other factions, I believe we should look similar to the other clone factions armor with the addition ARF player models for sniper.

Just now, chingchew said:

I just want to point out that changing Battlefront 2 models would require changing all the server models to Battlefront 2 (I would assume). I know these look much better, however their file size is generally large, and I don't think it would be good for server load in times. 

Which is what I stated, I was just saying if and that's a big if- if we did do it, I could help look for the models, but I doubt that would happen.

2 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

Which is what I stated, I was just saying if and that's a big if- if we did do it, I could help look for the models, but I doubt that would happen.

I gotcha, If we can somehow find a different player models set that will have a smaller file size and similar player models to the other factions, I think it would brush up nicely.

1 minute ago, Malmood said:

I gotcha, If we can somehow find a different player models set that will have a smaller file size and similar player models to the other factions, I think it would brush up nicely.

Yes that is exactly the point. If you can find some, don't hesitate to make a suggestion.

3 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

It would take a lot of work if these models were implemented which is completely unnecessary when you consider load in times, so yeah I agree with you. 

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Malmood said:

Yeah, as much as I don't like the CGI models because I think they look goofy, it's what's best for the server to reduce file sizes. But I'm looking on the workshop now and I'm not really finding any CGI Phase 2 models for the 41st, aside from CGI HD ones, but they're still a 36mb download which is pretty heft.

Just now, Malmood said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814619123&searchtext=41st+CGI+Phase+2

Here is the playermodels from 3 years ago that was used on the starwars RP server garnet had up.

Imma be real, I think those models look even more horrendous than the current ones, the camo pattern is just way off and super ugly. But that's just me, tbh.