Dat One Dead Duck - RANCOR Application

Name: Dat One Dead Duck (327th LCPL 4203 Ace in-game)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:30304121

Playtime [/playtime in game]:  14:06:11

Position you are applying for: Blitz

Leadership/SWRP experience: I've done a lot of leadership positions throughout my time on Gmod on RP. This ranges from the atmosphere of serious Half-Life 2 RP in being a Division leader for Shock Core Gaming, and various other communities. I also used to be Blitz in another Star Wars RP community a while back, having been in charge of that. More of my leadership positions have come from serious RP gamemodes, but can typically translate into things like GG's Star Wars RP.

What is your availability [Timezone/schedule/etc..]: I currently am EST. I'm usually on about every day. But because of my job and how the world is atm, my schedule can get a little bit hectic because I am a grocery stock clerk. But other than that, I'm pretty available and be on quite often to dedicate my time to the server.

Do you have a microphone [Required]?: Yes.

Briefly describe the lore of RANCOR and the commander you are applying for: In lore, RANCOR Battalion oversaw clone training on Kamino. However, three of the most prestigious ARC Troopers Colt, Havoc, and Blitz were among RANCOR. While they did oversee clone training on Kamino, they were also in charge of some other ARC troopers, along with ARF troopers who were considered some of the best republic units within' the Grand Army of the Republic. Blitz of course was one of the three commanders of RANCOR, and held the rank of Clone Commander as an ARC trooper. While RANCOR battalion was small, they were still able to accomplish many things due to how well they performed in their roles, especially being among some of the best soldiers the GAR had to offer.

Why should you be selected as a commander? [Minimum of 2 paragraphs]: I should be selected as a commander because I hold many qualities a commander would need on a more serious RP server of GG. As stated before, I have experience in leadership roles on both serious RP servers, and ones that aren't as strict and serious, such as other Star Wars RP. Not only that, but I'm quite well versed with my lore of Star Wars and the terms they use in Star Wars to help try make an experience more "immersed" for a position that is held to a high standard. Furthermore, I'm a mature person when it comes the time to be mature, meaning when events are going on I like to get myself immersed in the experience and take the events seriously, but not even just then I like to set the example for other new players to let them know that this isn't going to an RP experience like MRP, or DRP where things are way more relaxed. Star Wars RP is a huge passion for me and I like to try and create the most genuine atmosphere possible for all players to enjoy, as Star Wars is a unique universe and can have very interesting and great concepts if executed enough. 

Moving on, I'd also like to point out that I'm also fond of the specialized units of the Star Wars universe during the Clone Wars. This ranges from ARF troopers, ARC troopers, Republic Commandos, and even Shadow Troopers, so I know what kind of reputation I have to uphold if I were to get accepted as a Commander of RANCOR battalion and what's expected of me on the server. This not only includes being mature and taking things seriously, but it includes being tactiful and working together with my so-called brothers on the server to achieve success in our events and missions, to not just make myself out to be the spotlight but to work as a unit rather than by myself. For these reasons, I feel I'd be a very adequate person to fill in a spot for a commander role of RANCOR battalion. Of course with all this in mind, this isn't to say I'm going to harp on everyone for not getting everything lore-correct, but I want to be a person to help create a Star Wars atmosphere for everyone here in GG's community so they can enjoy the server and have fun, as that's what we're all here for and what we want to do.

Describe what you think your role in RP would be [2 paragraphs minimum]: My role if we're going based off of lore I'd assume would be to oversee some Clone training. If that's not entailed in the job along with us being a specialized unit, then I assume that's what we'll be- a specialized unit within' the GAR. Either way, I'd still have the role of being a role model for the other Clones within' the server to look up to and to aspire to be, but not only that, but also to display qualities to other Clones on how to handle situations and different events. This includes how to be tactical during certain situations, and when to do certain things. Such as the event today, instead of showing the other Clones to just charge in when we have an event character in place and to try other means to our success instead of just running and gunning at everything. My role would also to be to display how to roleplay during our downtimes to create a bit more atmosphere instead of everyone simply running around. If Clone training will be in our hands for somethings, then we'd also be there to oversee how Clones are being trained and making sure they're being taught the basics of the server and how to roleplay so they aren't clueless. RANCOR Battalion is held to a standard higher than most other Clone troopers because of their abilities and other unique skills they hold, this of course means that even on top of being a commander, but being apart of a more specialized unit we'd be held to even higher standards to make sure that we are of the best quality soldiers out there to be used for as an example.

To explain in more detail, this means that not only will we be watched for our behavior, but this also means how tactical we are, what kind of leaders we are, and what kind of personalities we hold to help promote a healthy environment on the server for everyone to enjoy. This also means that reiterating once again, we are meant to also promote teamwork amongst each other to ensure that these events are done in a more serious nature for the best experience of the server, which also means that we are not meant to always be the limelight of the show, but moreso shown as a guide of what we want everyone to be and want everyone to strive for. But that is of course what will make RANCOR battalion leaders different compared to other troopers and why we'd be held at a much higher standard than normal. Finally, as a RANCOR battalion commander we have to display integrity as well, this means we should be the ones following rules and trying to uphold the rules as much as possible to once again be a model for the rest of the server. This means that we shouldn't b caught minging, or behaving in an immature way that we don't give off the impression that we're not mature and keep a good name for all of RANCOR battalion. In the end, a RANCOR battalion is going to be upheld to a huge standard among others on the server for various reasons; this includes being mature, honest, tactical, along with being a leader to help promote that environment that we're once again trying to achieve for everyone on the server.  

Do you understand that you may be removed from your position should you fail to uphold the standards and requirements of this role?: I understand I may removed from my position if I fail to uphold the standard and requirements of the role.

• Like 1

I think this is a good app, but I would like some community input. If I remember correctly, I feel you had a condescending attitude in OOC the first day or two and it kind of left a poor taste in my mouth. I don't want any of the commanders, especially on ARC, to get a hot head and come off as rude in OOC. I don't think this is a deal break, as I'm sure you would be willing to reign this in if given the position, but I would still like at least a few responses on your app before I make a decision.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Phantom said:

I think this is a good app, but I would like some community input. If I remember correctly, I feel you had a condescending attitude in OOC the first day or two and it kind of left a poor taste in my mouth. I don't want any of the commanders, especially on ARC, to get a hot head and come off as rude in OOC. I don't think this is a deal break, as I'm sure you would be willing to reign this in if given the position, but I would still like at least a few responses on your app before I make a decision.

I apologize if anything I said came off as condescending, as I don't intend for that to be my intention, more as just jokes. If you happen to have any examples, I would definitely like to see them, as once again they're mostly jokes (or I try to make them come off as jokes/something not serious and condescending). I do take full responsibility though and it isn't excuse, but some examples would be very helpful so I know what to say, and what not to say, I appreciate your input though.

Just now, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

I apologize if anything I said came off as condescending, as I don't intend for that to be my intention, more as just jokes. If you happen to have any examples, I would definitely like to see them, as once again they're mostly jokes (or I try to make them come off as jokes/something not serious and condescending). I do take full responsibility though and it isn't excuse, but some examples would be very helpful so I know what to say, and what not to say, I appreciate your input though.

Mainly during events, as I am the only game master, I am trying to make things work best I can. It was just unnecessary comments in OOC (not from only you but other 327th members, but I have spoken to Jarold about this already) that seemed to undermine my efforts. I am all open for criticism where it is needed, but there are better times and places for that (suggestion on the forums if there was something you think could have been improved, or even PM me when I am not busy directing events for 50+ people).

Just now, Phantom said:

Mainly during events, as I am the only game master, I am trying to make things work best I can. It was just unnecessary comments in OOC (not from only you but other 327th members, but I have spoken to Jarold about this already) that seemed to undermine my efforts. I am all open for criticism where it is needed, but there are better times and places for that (suggestion on the forums if there was something you think could have been improved, or even PM me when I am not busy directing events for 50+ people).

Once again, I do take full responsibility for what I have said, and I do apologize for making it seem like I'm undermining you, as once again that wasn't my intention. If my word means anything, I do appreciate all your efforts and what you've been doing so far, I've been having a great deal of fun, especially in the 327th now that we're all starting to take it more seriously. I suppose before that speech yesterday, all of us (including myself) were taking it very unserious. But since then I would like to say we have been improving on our attitude and have been enjoying being on the serious aspect of this server. We've been having tons of fun with the events and I don't want to undermine that about you, I can tell you've been putting in a lot of effort and passion and I really do appreciate that, trust me. So once again, I apologize for anything I said that came off as rude, or condescending.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

+1

In all honesty, I’ve seen Ace role playing in the past few days and besides the comments he seems very sincere about, he’s fairly serious and a friendly person. I’d be willing to see Ace in action as Blitz, saying as he understands he can be removed at any point in time for poor roleplay/behavior. 

• Friendly 1
8 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

+1

In all honesty, I’ve seen Ace role playing in the past few days and besides the comments he seems very sincere about, he’s fairly serious and a friendly person. I’d be willing to see Ace in action as Blitz, saying as he understands he can be removed at any point in time for poor roleplay/behavior. 

Honestly, I know I said I wanted more responses, but Bishop's endorsement says enough on its own. I'm will to give you a shot at the position for Blitz. Once I get ARC set up on base (event will happen), I would like you to get with Bishop and whoever is Havoc to make ARC a great RP-oriented group.

• Like 1