Remove "kill" command

Wilhelm

This is a pretty simple suggestion. As shock we deal with all kinds of mingery and its our job to deal with it with as much RP as possible, but time and time again while trying to arrest people they press their kill bind, and I can't arrest a dead man so I end up having to get staff involved. Simple solution just remove the kill command.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

As more and more staff are accepted, I can see this working itself out in the way of FailRP warns/bans.

He has removed it on MRP, however I can see it needing to stay on THIS server as it’s more roleplay intensive. IE: a captured droid or soldier being played by staff/gamemasters may attempt to kill themselves as to not be tortured for info.

1 minute ago, 0zzy said:

As more and more staff are accepted, I can see this working itself out in the way of FailRP warns/bans.

He has removed it on MRP, however I can see it needing to stay on THIS server as it’s more roleplay intensive. IE: a captured droid or soldier being played by staff/gamemasters may attempt to kill themselves as to not be tortured for info.

This can be easily remedied with the !slay command. Honestly,  I think the kill command has been abused too much to keep it in. I would prefer Shock to be able to handle troublemakers in RP before getting staff involved, and the kill command makes it way harder for that to happen. 

• Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I see why the kill command should be removed. but also considering there are still small bugs like getting spawned in a bad spot I don't think it should be removed yet. You have to recognized it is still a new server.

Just yesterday there was someone who got spawned into an LAAT and couldn't get out. With everything going on no one was able (or cared) to helping him and he had to resort to killing himself. 

I see it as 2 solutions. 

1. Get more staff and remove the kill command so that these issues can be reserved by the staff (which frankly I don't there is enough of anyway.)

2. Leave it in for the time being until we get to the point where we have the numbers to solve this issue. 

But ultimately I would like to see the kill command removed as well. 

+1

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c12.png

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.