Commander's Offices

Deeko

Currently, whenever I have to speak to a trooper individually (whether it be to promote, reprimand, discuss tactics, etc.) I have to do so in my bunks or in a secluded spot, which is not very rp friendly nor confidential.  I propose we use the empty rooms near the Command Center on the third floor and allow the commanders to create their own offices.  This will allow us commanders to to numerous things:

1) Promote individuals outside of debriefing occasions in private
2) Speak to misbehaving battalion members in an rp setting.
3) Speak with my officers, giving us a setting for officer meetings. (To discuss new tactics, which I usually have to do in my bunks)
4) Give us a roleplay area where I can head to after events.  After events I fill out operation reports, promotion logs, and a bunch of doc work.  A roleplay area I can do this in would be very nice and immersive

These rooms currently have no purpose and I believe offices would be a great use for them, especially because these rooms are the perfect size for offices.  I believe that finding purposes for the many empty rooms around the map should be a goal for us in the future.

• Agree 1
Just now, RegretTheManEater said:

Again, this is not really a suggestion. You can do this on your own. You don't need staff or a developer to do this. 

Nobody can build except for SuperAdmin+ (According to Phantom), you also need someone to permaprop.  What do you mean?

8 minutes ago, Deeko said:

I propose we use the empty rooms near the Command Center on the third floor and allow the commanders to create their own offices. 

Just now, Deeko said:

Nobody can build except for SuperAdmin+ (According to Phantom), you also need someone to permaprop.  What do you mean?

You can just bring people to the room. No need to use any permaprops. The rooms are already there. 

Just now, RegretTheManEater said:

You can just bring people to the room. No need to use any permaprops. The rooms are already there. 

Its more of a roleplay suggestion than anything else. I think you are viewing this from a gameplay perspective.  Suggestions are not always additions to the server, or another addon.  I don't see any detriment here, simply we would fill up the empty rooms.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I think it would be a neat thing to have private areas for battalion leaders to do these things, but it's a really low priority currently. The same thing goes for bunk customization which more than likely will come in the later updates once a lot of the bugs and other things are ironed out and the server is running as smooth as it can be.

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • 2 weeks later...