Valdruul

In-game name: valdruul
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_1:0:89338759
Timezone: GMT-6
Playtime?: 112:57
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES]
    Referral(s): [NONE] 
    Past experiences as staff: I've owned a server before and administrated almost 8 hours a day when I had it running. It got popular with 40+ people for about a week but then it got too much to handle with work so I shut it down. Over the time of owning that server, I've learned many and most of the staff commands that a regular server would use with vanilla DarkRP.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? I'm almost always on when I'm not working. Due to covid, I'm working part time so I'm on pretty frequently. While on the server, I've noticed there are a lot of staff that will sit back and allow the /reports to climb higher and higher. I would never let this happen as I'm always on top of that. With administration, I handle every sit with care and I make sure the situation is resolved so either both are happy or whoever didn't do an oopsie is happy. Also I'm not toxic and like to play for fun. I'm online late at night when a lot of chaos breaks out as well so I'd be good to deal with that some.

RE-EDIT: Just realized it said 2 paragraphs. I've read the rules thoroughly and I actually have a bit more time on the server than what it states, I've switched my main account since 2019. I'm aware of at least nearly all of the garnet gaming DarkRP rules as I've had to deal with the rule breakers of the server time and time again. I played a whole lot more on the server back with my older account and have just gotten back into having lots of fun with DarkRP. While that is true, I enjoy helping people out in times of need which is what I think makes me perfect for a moderator role in the server. I'm always using my mic to speak with people, visiting gun stores to hopefully buy guns and robbing the shit out of people for their printers (mostly the latter) and because I make a lot of enemies I usually have my rpname changed a lot. That and I sometimes do it for jokes. My point is I have a lot of experience with DarkRP and garnet gaming itself, as it's my most played DarkRP server. I would love to spend a lot more time on the server working as a moderator to help out.
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? I cannot remember a time where I have been warned that isn't a verbal warn. Oh and what I think makes me unique is how when I have a goal, I try everything in my power to reach that goal. I have a very optimistic outlook on things except for sometimes and I'm into coding and other fun stuff.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Never.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 25+/week
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I work, play violin, play other games like Divinity 2 and visit family often. I built a motorbike from scratch this summer so that's cool. I ride it to work sometimes but it's way too loud to just take anywhere. Did you know that if you take the exhaust cap off a motorcycle you can gain a couple miles on the top speed? Just kidding you dingus it just makes it more loud.
Did you read the staff rules?: valdruul

Edited by Valdruul
needed a good lengthen and some words I really meant

@Valdruul This is the right spot to put your application. 

I would appreciate if you could beef up your paragraphs a little more and add what would makes you unique. Try to make yourself stand out from the crowd.  I want to know more about you. "I am respectful during sits and I am on a lot." Yes, those are all good aspects but those are commonplace and are repeated constantly in applications.

However, I like that you have no warns . That's great! That tells me that you're respectful and follow the rules which gives you two common qualities with everyone on the staff team.  

Beef up paragraphs and tell me what makes you unique and I will gladly change my -1 to a +1.

Good luck and I hope to see you around the server!

• Forums Moderator
3 hours ago, Hydrashark said:

I'm not going to 1+or 1- yet because I don't know you and I never saw you in game  I would like to know you more and put more thought into your paragraphs and make your paragraphs more like a paragraph

You have to give a -1 or +1 you can't say "I'm gonna leave it blank. " You could be at risk of a forum warning for that. 

Seen you around a little bit recently. I would like to see more from your paragraphs. Beef them up a bit. Make it say WHY we should pick you over other applicants. 

Also, 

4 hours ago, Valdruul said:

if this was meant to be put elsewhere I swear I tried looking for a 'moderator application' topic but couldn't find it.

Don't worry you have it in the right spot. 

-1 For now. 

4 hours ago, Hydrashark said:

I'm not going to 1+or 1- yet because I don't know you and I never saw you in game  I would like to know you more and put more thought into your paragraphs and make your paragraphs more like a paragraph

Can’t do that you have to give a -1 or +1 based on the application. And if you don’t know who he is just yet you should just say “ Haven’t met him etc etc. 

-1. You  say you will take every report which won’t really happen and there is nothing wrong with that because it’s a game you are supposed to have fun on. 25 hours a week is quite a bit but given the current global events I could see that happening. Now I haven’t been on in a few days I’ve been on LOA, but you should try to make friends with staff members and getting their referrals or having them be able to speak up on your in game behavior here. I can’t +1 without hearing someone else’s in game experiences with you. Your application could use some buffing up but overall you do tell us how you are going to be different then the others. I’m willing to change based on what other trusted staff members say about their in game experiences wit you 

Edited by StevieT

-1 i'm not trying to discourage you but i've never seen you in game and do /playtime (your name) and paste the exact playtime im willing to change if other staff state their experiences with you

Edited by MeLikeFood
forgot to add -1 lmao

Due to what I have heard, staying a -1 since staff are allowed to sit back as long as they are off duty, and just making sure people follow the rules and enforcing them is not everything a staff member does. 

Edited by Tzar

I changed it up. I don't want to write anymore than what I have as I feel like I'll be just rewording things I've already said. I wanted it to sound sincere and I didn't want to backspace too much of the things I said as I wanted it to just be how I felt

I see that you have edited you response and it is 2 paragraphs but while sometimes the staff team does not get to the reports immediately they don't just let them stack up so I feel like you were kind of dissing on the staff team which I don't personally appreciate but anyway the staff app is okay it's pretty generic you tell us a little bit about yourself I hear you're working a lot which doesn't really affect as long as you hit the quota but remember if you're working a lot if you're on the server we we do like to see people on I've never seen you before and I think the stuff I have acceptable but we'll see what everyone else thinks -1

Grand Daddy Stalin

Edited by GrandDaddyStalin