DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Vivianne - Staff App

Vivianne

Just now, 0zzy said:

I’m not bringing up the sit. I’m bringing up your behavior exhibited in the sit. So your “that’s in the past” rebuttal is irrelevant.

Why does it matter what side of the sit you’re on? Staff, the reporter, and the reportee are all expected to behave in a cordial manner. I’m sure you’ve heard the expression “It’s what you do when no ones watching.” Your actions as a user should be the exact same as when you’re staff. 

BOTH of yall stop yall are getting off topic. Staff are suppose to +1/-1 if you are not drp staff do not respond.

• Cringe 1
Just now, DepressionBird said:

BOTH of yall stop yall are getting off topic. Staff are suppose to +1/-1 if you are not drp staff do not respond.

This isn't how it works at all? 

This is completely on topic, discussing someones ability to be staff on their staff application is completely relevant to the post.

• Agree 3
3 minutes ago, Toucan said:

This isn't how it works at all? 

This is completely on topic, discussing someones ability to be staff on their staff application is completely relevant to the post.

Apologies  I thought this was going off topic and I'm use too reports and appeals order. Disregard my comment but try not to make an argument  out of this.

• Friendly 1
Just now, DepressionBird said:

Apologies  I thought this was going off topic and I'm use too reports and appeals order. Disregard my comment but try not to make an argument  out of this.

Of course! It's good to have a changeable mindset rather than a stubborn one.

24 minutes ago, GrandDaddyStalin said:

-1 I Understand That I gave you my referral, but I believe some of the staff are correct. I would recommend waiting at least 1 week before  posting your staff app. I would suggest you should get to know the more of the new community and then in a week you'll have my +1. I personally believe you would be a fine staff but stressed by some people. I have looked over your app about I believe you should wait.

-1 Agreed, some rules are different from what they were and there is a new community for u to fit into also I personally haven't seen you myself.  Wait one week like stalin said.

For all the DarkRP staff giving referrals and +1ing, I ask myself, why? This user has only been back for a couple of days. A couple of days. This player would have barely met the minimum hour requirement in order to even apply. Outstanding player or not, we don't get to just throw out guidelines because we like someone. I'm sure this player has changed from her old ways, but we haven't been around her enough to even know what's changed. Also -

6 hours ago, DepressionBird said:

Anyone can comment on a Staff app, and no one was off topic. Dude, come on. 

I'm sure you've changed, and I want to give you a other shot, don't get me wrong. I just don't know you at all, and my slight attempt to even talk to you resulted in you just leaving my TS channel. Stay in the community a little longer and interact more, and then I think you should reapply. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
29 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

For all the DarkRP staff giving referrals and +1ing, I ask myself, why? This user has only been back for a couple of days. A couple of days. This player would have barely met the minimum hour requirement in order to even apply. Outstanding player or not, we don't get to just throw out guidelines because we like someone. I'm sure this player has changed from her old ways, but we haven't been around her enough to even know what's changed. Also -

Anyone can comment on a Staff app, and no one was off topic. Dude, come on. 

I'm sure you've changed, and I want to give you a other shot, don't get me wrong. I just don't know you at all, and my slight attempt to even talk to you resulted in you just leaving my TS channel. Stay in the community a little longer and interact more, and then I think you should reapply. 

Changed my old ways? What're you even talking about? I never left the server with bad terms nor demoted from my rank(s). When I left the server I was working full time and was dealing with the passing of my dad, so I took a leave from playing. So stating "I'm sure you changed" is COMPLETELY invalid when you don't even know why I left to begin with. When I had my perma ban from DRP it was because of conflicts with Vera and even after I was still active within the community. I had switched from DRP to MRP and was active there after having my ban lifted. 

EDIT: Also, please stop trying to create this animosity that I left with bad terms on the server. I have people who can and will vouch for me on my reasoning for leaving. 

just saw last sentence too. When did you try to talk to me in TS? Because I've not seen you once join a channel I've been in.

Edited by Vivianne
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Guest proggy

For everyone worried about old staff returning and applying too soon: 

There is hardly any risk in setting someone to vip mod that held a rank before without controversy. VIP Mod really doesn't get many permissions, and the abuse that a vip mod could do can be monitored/fixed by any S.Mod+.

They would be trained like anyone else. Should they go inactive again, so be it? They would just be demoted on the next roster.

Some people get a lot more enjoyment out of being staff and helping the community rather than being a regular user, and others become staff and find it to be a drag to do their staff duties. I don't know Vivi well, but her eagerness to come BACK to staff makes me feel like she falls under the first example, not the second. I know if I were to be gone a while and came back, I would quickly ask management about becoming staff again. 

Clearly since she rose to manager before, and left on good terms she could be a capable staff member again. So I dont see the harm.

@eXg-Buddha if you have any proof of previous misconduct of Vivi's it should be addressed, but I've only heard bad things from maybe one or two people and they couldn't offer any specifics.

1 hour ago, eXg-Buddha said:

For all the DarkRP staff giving referrals and +1ing, I ask myself, why?

If you want to know why I gave vivianne my referral is because that she has former experience her eagerness to get back on the staff team is great. But you know that even if she got vip mod she wouldn't be able to do much since a vip mod cant even ban. But also that she is probably gonna be a safer pick than the other people applying for staff at the same time as her. She hasn't had any bad things come up with her at all. She left with good terms she got to the rank of manager and left on good terms. She climbed the ranks and nothing really happened. There hasn't been any drama at all with her with an exception of like 1 or 2 people. 

+1

great app and the past experience as staff, a former manager,  only good interactions ingame and on teamspeak and still shows good staff qualities.

1 hour ago, eXg-Buddha said:

This user has only been back for a couple of days. A couple of days.

you've only been back to dark rp a couple days too. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

+1  Talking to you and reading over your app I'm very happy with my referral of you I believe you would be a good fit for our current staff team, And your previous position should allow you to make good decisions in the long run. The app you provided seems to be well put together, I understand that it seems a few of my current staff team has had some issues with you in these past few days but I believe we can work past that.  I believe it is great to see some of the old staff team and community member coming back to the server.

Guest proggy

Accepted

Welcome to the staff team!

I know some people are wary about your return, but the minor concerns brought up shouldn't overshadow your previous dedication to the server.

You've reached the rank of manager before. A previous SA has even told me you we're "one of the best managers EVER".

I'll give you your ranks in-game and on teamspeak right now, as I see you are currently active.

You may have a ton of previous experience, but some things may have changed since you last staffed;

Please don't use any staff commands or go on duty until you have been trained by an L.Mod+.