91st Lightning Squadron + Commander Changes and Fixes

32 minutes ago, Garnet said:

No, it was simply stated “they do not need to be changed” but currently the arf model is being used in the thread

Ok i think we might have a misunderstanding. To clarify my suggestion. The current Lightning Squadron Commander model is what I believe should be the 91st Commander model as it is the Neyo model. Because of this I am proposing we change the current LS models to the ARF ones that are in the 91st pack that are not being used (there are 4).  We are not proposing a model change to the T2 Class because it is not needed. We are using the other 2 models for the changes that are not used in game. We simply suggested a title change from ARF to Scout, which is not necessary and is just a minor detail which could stop confusion in the future between the class and the LS classes.

Edit - the current T2 model is the "91starf" model. The LS we are proposing would use either "lsstak or lsrazor" and the commander would use "lstrp"

Second Edit - Besides possible name change notihing happens to the T2 class

Edited by Oatlife
13 hours ago, Garnet said:

If you're going to suggest new model overlaps, I would suggest you also bring light to what happens with the ARF model that is being used for T2 🙂 

There aren't going to be any overlaps, We get that T2 is still going to be an ARF model, its just a different ARF model than the other ones we are wanting to use for LS. The current T2 model has a 91st logo on the chest-plate which would signify he is a scout directly under the commander of 91st, whereas the LS models do not have this logo on them which would put them in the elite group that makes up Lightning Squadron.

Each of the models themselves are different, the only thing we really need for T2 is a title change.

spacer.png

Unless you are talking about the fact that afterwards there would be ARF models for LS and T2 and what we should change T2 to if we are trying to make ARF LS exclusive... the only thing i could think of in that case would be to change T2 maybe to the speeder pilot model with a different scout-y bodygroup arrangement.

Edited by BatHulkSmash
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 1

+1 to all this. I also think that the current Lightning Squadron model (the one this post hopes to replace) should be used as the speeder pilot as in Revenge of the Sith, Neyo is accompanied by a clone trooper wearing this armor on a BARC speeder.This armor is also canonically called BARC armor. Given that the general consensus of the admin is to use BARC speeders as recon vehicles and not combat vehicles, I feel that this would give off that impression more than the current model, which is the same as the rifleman, with different coloring.

4 minutes ago, BatHulkSmash said:

that would defeat the purpose of the change, the whole point of the change is that the current LS models are actually Neyos model. if we use it as Speeder pilot then its no longer unique to Neyo.

The LS Commander model is Neyo's model while the LS Recon model is a generic BARC trooper. In lore, the 91st speeder pilots wore the same style of armor as Neyo, but Neyo had a kama and dual holsters. I think if we want LS to be accurately modeled, speeder pilot should be too as the model itself isn't wrong, its just not in the right place. 

2 minutes ago, BatHulkSmash said:

But in clone wars they are ARF troopers as well as it says in the wooki. We arent going by Ep III.

I'm saying we should use the current LS Recon model to replace the 91st Speeder Pilot. I agree about  LS  wearing ARF armor, its just that in canon, the 91st's speeder pilots wore BARC armor, not generic Phase II. armor.

Essentially:

NEYO: 91st Officer model -> Neyo model

LS COMMANDER: Neyo model -> Your proposed ARF commander

LS RECON: BARC model -> Your proposed ARF LS model

91ST SPEEDER PILOT: P. II Clone -> BARC model

• 3 weeks later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c12.png

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.